Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This news doesn’t seem good. IMO

Gannon Stauch’s home was released back to the family, they moved out, and the owner subsequently rented to another family after the crime. We all know now what they found in that home. Once they had everything they needed, they didn’t need to hold the home.

I don’t necessarily think it means nothing was found.

IMO MOO JMO

Was there violent behavior on the part of the husband in your friend's case? Because, frankly, I think a violent husband changes things a bit. IME (and not just my own but from years of working in and training for crisis hot lines), most wives think they know their husbands best and how to tiptoe around them to minimize risk. It's a tightrope. Even if the man has never been violent toward the wife in the past, the divorce period ups the rate of violence.

Where a man is known to have been violent with others, the risk is higher for the wife. BLM was charged in Indiana with assault, not too long before he left Indiana. He managed to plead out to a lesser charge but the person he attacked (who was running for mayor of Indianapolis) has told his story on an approved source for WS (Gray Hughes).

Was your friend's husband similarly violent? Because to me, a man who loses it in public, while at work, is a man who is not in control of himself. He probably needed anger management, but apparently instead the couple left Indiana and moved to Colorado, where he has apparently not filed paperwork to start a landscaping business, and works as a volunteer. Would he pass an actual employment process to be a firefighter, with that disorderly conduct conviction? I wonder.

Anyway, not all divorces are alike, and there are red flags in this one.

And we're not talking "losing it" in a merely verbal way. There was a verbal disagreement and BLM lost it and physically attacked someone - because he was mad that other contractors (plumbing and electrical IIRC) were still working/still had trucks in place when he arrived to do landscaping. That's just not reasonable, from my perspective. Not all divorces involve an unreasonable, violent man. That may be what we're looking at here.

Could you possibly link that Gray Hughes info?

Gannon Stauch’s home was released back to the family, they moved out, and the owner subsequently rented to another family after the crime. We all know now what they found in that home. Once they had everything they needed, they didn’t need to hold the home.

I don’t necessarily think it means nothing was found.

IMO MOO JMO
Thank you for the information!

The sinking feeling that I had when I read this, if true is based on opinion only. I would think if they had re-enacted a crime scene, found damning evidence, were tightening up a case etc. that this would be held. I don’t know that though, I just had a sinking feeling when I read it. I hope it is off base. What are your thoughts?

I had that same feeling, but then lack of evidence of a crime scene in the house could be hopeful news for Suzanne’s return.

But I see that houses have been returned to the family in other cases, and it doesn’t necessarily mean evidence was not found. I imagine it could even add pressure to a nervous perp to see the house post-evidence collection (like seeing those holes dug in the construction site). Could be an LE strategy to make someone feel less secure.

I think the staging was done to fake a kidnapping, and the animal attack narrative was thrown out there to take advantage of speculation that an animal of some sort was responsible.

Like “oh yeah [animal attack], that sounds good.”
The more options the better!

As long as not the ACTUAL option.

JMO

Since we have no information, I’m back to-how do they live like they do? What’s the Colorado based landscaping company and how many employees are there? Sunset Farm Landscaping? Do they advertise locally? Is BM basically retired and runs a small crew now? No LinkedIn? How do they get local business? Word of mouth? If you list yourself as a volunteer firefighter only, is that because you don’t want to promote your business using that format?
I believe his company is regestered in Colorado.

JMO
I agree because LE needs evidence that is accepted in a trial and will hold up in court to convince a jury.

The problem with just watching someone give a statement or trying to analyze their statements is it relies on someone else's opinion on what they are seeing. And the problem with that is some may agree with the person giving their opinion and others may disagree.

For example with the head shaking. Some may say it indicates they are not telling the truth where other people may interpret that to mean they were very upset with the whole situation and just shaking their head at the trauma of the whole thing.

I do think it can sometimes help us as a "tool" or an aide in giving us a first impression to see if the person sounds convincing or could they possibly be just blowing smoke. Similar to how a lie detector test is used only as a "tool".
We have all seen interrogations on TV where LE is secretly watching from another room and I am pretty sure they are making judgements on whether they believe what they are hearing. But its just a tool in the goal of getting real hard evidence that they will need.
Whatever impressions one gets, then we still have to obtain other solid evidence that can actually be used in a trial.

There is a video on another thread of a father speaking about his murdered son. He is, albeit to a lesser degree than BM, shaking his head "no" as he speaks. I don't assume he's lying because I'm convinced he's telling the truth. I assume he's expressing his grief because I believe he's grieving. My point is; I add my own perceptions when observing others and would never assume that I am always correct or that such assumptions are carved in stone and must apply to all other people. The more I know about the person I'm observing, it's been my experience that my assumptions about their behavior and speech patterns will be more accurate, imo.

I took a course in college many years ago and I remember learning about body language and communication in general. At the end of the course our instructor told us it was important to always remember: sometimes someone will keep rubbing their nose while they're talking because they have an itchy nose and sometimes people will cross their legs "away" from their partner because they have a old hip injury and they always cross their legs that way.

IMO, SM’s disappearance was not the result of a random stranger but at this point I do not thoroughly discount it.

Please see the attached link to a random “event” that just occured on the anniversary of Jennifer Dulos’ murder in the same town she was murdered - New Canaan CT. Man, 31, Charged with Attempted Murder in ‘Random’ Valley Road Incident [UPDATING]

Imagine if the perp had been successful, with no witnesses or camera evidence and the victim vanished ? Just food for thought. There are those moments in time that sometimes result in crimes of opportunity.

I'm still wondering if all this reward money is held in escrow in a bank? just waiting to be delivered when she is returned to the family? If not, hmmmmm. doesn't seem fair to be able to do this IMO.

IMO, it’s a terrible idea to ask for donations from the public, even with the best intentions.

I believe those that donated can ask for their donation to be refunded. I watched that happen in another missing person case. Folks got upset when they believed the money was being used outside of what the description indicated. The balance started to slowly drop.

Gannon Stauch’s home was released back to the family, they moved out, and the owner subsequently rented to another family after the crime. We all know now what they found in that home. Once they had everything they needed, they didn’t need to hold the home. I don’t necessarily think it means nothing was found.
IMO MOO JMO
^^bbm
I agree. I think preliminary test results received and LE confident they have all they are going to get. To my knowledge, nobody was digging up floorboards. Then again, where the house sits is pretty dark and secluded, and LE wouldn't tell us anyway. MOO

Family Friend: 10k increase in reward $$ 4 Suzanne Morphew’s safe return came from another family friend. @channel2kwgn @KDVR

Gregory Nieto on Twitter

View attachment 248662
I don’t understand that. Why would $210,000 be so much better than $200,000? Safe return. If she’s returned safe, the person returning her will not get any money and they will go to prison. The police were digging through concrete... the reward should say “For Suzanne’s exact location” if she’s alive and being held, great if they release her. But if she’s not alive you still want her remains.

Bloodhound Man-Trackers inc.
May 23 at 6:51 PM ·
Bloodhound Man-Trackers
Assisted Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of investigation and the Federal Bureau of investigation today. It is a great honor to assist these hard working, caring, dedicated law enforcement professionals, stay safe and well. A special thank you to K-9s Radar, Jynx and Carlene for your hard work.

My post links to their facebook page. Here's their 'about' comment. Beautiful dogs!

SrOIIjACERD.png

Mission
Man Tracking &
Human Decomposition Detection to help find the
Lost & Missing
and to help bring
Criminals to Justice.
Haven’t we met Radar in Kelsey Berreth’s case? If I remember correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics