Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the lake that they searched, next to the dam?

qPublic.net - Chaffee County, CO - Map
Otto, I have just read about 8 articles trying to find a specific area. All said the same thing- the dive team searched several water ways for Suzanne.

There was a photo of the dive team searching a lake near her home, but I'll be darned if I can find that article with the photo in it! They did search several areas with water, though, according to the articles I went through. I am posting one of them that I just read now so you can see for yourself. I'll keep looking for the article with the dive team in the lake- it was in the first week of her disappearance, so this could take me awhile!

Home of missing Chaffee County woman released back to family

Shortly after her disappearance, investigators searched the Mayville area after deputies found a personal item belonging to Morphew. Dive teams also searched nearby bodies of water, with no results.

Personal items were found 2,000 feet from her own house. If I park in in about the center of the parking lot of my Costco store, select some cookies from the bakery, swing back to see if they have Charmin T/P in stock, veer into the fresh veggies to check the asparagus and possible artichokes, go through the checkstand and back to the car, I've walked 2000 feet.

The scariest part of this case is that whatever happened to her was no more distance from her house than a short shopping experience in Costco. IMO

Are you referring to the yellow police tape near the parking lot that was in the video?

How did the person who found the bike know immediately it was hers. None of her family members were around to identify it that Sunday evening.
Was she the only one in the household to own a bike?
Her daughters surely described the bike to her. Just the color and type would be enough to identify it if it was found abandoned nearby, on the same day she went missing. JMO

I don't think LE would name any POI's or suspects at this point. They have been very careful not to reveal any information about the investigation, other than where they are searching.

Letecia Stauch wasn't named a suspect until she was arrested, but it was pretty clear from the start that she was.
I don't disagree with you. Over the last several years, there are quite a few cases where LE have not named POI's even though the term has no legal significance. They also have not named suspects. The goal is to preserve the integrity of the investigation and evidence for trial and not to get a conviction in the court of public opinion.

JMO

The property owners called LE and informed them BM had worked there over MD weekend after hearing SM was missing. I think both that and the facts that LE stated they were not connected to her disappearance is crystal clear.

Police and FBI wrap up search at property where missing mom Suzanne Morphew's husband worked | Daily Mail Online

Just wanted to point out that the article states that BM laid mud prior to her disappearance, not Mother's day weekend. There have been several discussions on here about when he did the work but AFAIK we don't have a confirmation of exactly when it was done.. JMO.

Otto, I have just read about 8 articles trying to find a specific area. All said the same thing- the dive team searched several water ways for Suzanne.

There was a photo of the dive team searching a lake near her home, but I'll be darned if I can find that article with the photo in it! They did search several areas with water, though, according to the articles I went through. I am posting one of them that I just read now so you can see for yourself. I'll keep looking for the article with the dive team in the lake- it was in the first week of her disappearance, so this could take me awhile!

Shortly after her disappearance, investigators searched the Mayville area after deputies found a personal item belonging to Morphew. Dive teams also searched nearby bodies of water, with no results.
The CCSD attached 2 photos to their press release dated Sunday 5/17.

May 17 Search Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

Gannon...you bring up very good points!
While BM, as the husband, is the most likely suspect, there are many red flags for me.

Devil’s advocate; I attend a very small church, and have for 35 years. While there is a stable, core group, we always welcome new members. Over the years, we have had at least one sexual offender, and one person, who told such extravagant lies(bs), he chose to try his scam elsewhere...

I am bothered by the “was known to take bike ride on Sunday morning”
Known by “who”? or how many whos?

I am sure that cancer took some of her vitality away, but based on the old fb photos, she is a very attractive woman.

The remoteness of the 1.5 m house, makes it an excellent target! Security Alarms? We have a monitored system required by insurance company, we have accidentally set it off numerous times, w/ calls, codes, etc.
I assume this is somewhat dependent on the
area and remoteness...we even came home once to have my 80 yo mother tell us about the nice policeman( deputy) who stopped by to check on her? lol

JMO, and this is just a slim possibility...
It is quite possible BM is a horrible husband
who never realized what a vulnerable position he left his wife in...ie, We rarely armed our alarm until I believe someone came in to my kitchen while I was downstairs in basement...the guilt may be for not taking care of his wife...and shock.

I feel free to speculate, as I am not LE, and have no pressure to be right, and take every step carefully, in order to have justice served...
bbm
Ita.
This bolded ^^^^
Just because some said she was known to take a ride in the a.m. before church.
Unless they can back it up or at least come forward.....

I agree and it is time for many to open their eyes. How many threads were devoted to the Jayme Closs case before she was found?

JMO

We kind of knew Jayme's parents didn't do it because they were dead.
BM is alive and behaving oddly.
LE seems to have leads they're exploring and that's just the few we've heard about.
They know more.
MOO

Thank you! I came to the same conclusion - no specific waterway search locations. I was hoping that knowing which water areas were searched would help refine where her bike was located. No such luck.

Are you referring to the yellow police tape near the parking lot that was in the video?
No. I referring to the reports by Crime On Line, Nancy Grace and other MSM that "personal items were found 2,000 feet from her house". If you refer toward the beginning of this thread, I posted a Google Earth Aerial View featuring a red circle of 2000 foot radius from the house. IMO

I am so far behind at this point but the most telling thing for me is the lack of Barry and family doing really anything at all. If he truly thought she was kidnapped, why is he not printing off missing posters and hanging them all over the neighborhood and all throughout the town and all the towns nearby? Instead, there’s nothing. Nothing about what she was wearing, things to look out for, nothing at all. If that were my family member I wouldn’t stop until she was home. It’s pretty obvious she was never kidnapped.

And also, if Barry thinks she’s kidnapped, how did the story of a possible mountain lion attack grow legs? IMO that’s something he would have told someone from back home and they went with it. So which is it Barry, was it a mountain lion or was she kidnapped?

Well, their neighborhood is pretty vast. Isn't the Internet a way to more quickly disseminate information about a missing person than a telephone pole? How is the family supposed to know what SM was wearing if they didn't see her that morning? Her face is all over the internet. Is the color of her shirt that important? I don't think so.

JMO

I don't think LE would name any POI's or suspects at this point. They have been very careful not to reveal any information about the investigation, other than where they are searching.

Letecia Stauch wasn't named a suspect until she was arrested, but it was pretty clear from the start that she was.

BBM: And, considering they were out there searching at the job site for at least a day before the public learned of it... (and the state troopers up on 50-240) ...it seems they would have been happier to keep that information out of the news, too. In some ways, I wish the news hadn't caught on to those 2 moves by LE. They seemed to have wanted to keep it out of the news and no doubt they had a very good reason for that.

No. I referring to the reports by Crime On Line, Nancy Grace and other MSM that "personal items were found 2,000 feet from her house". If you refer toward the beginning of this thread, I posted a Google Earth Aerial View featuring a red circle of 2000 foot radius from the house. IMO

Same location - the parking lot that was not enroute between her house and Foose's Creek?
616 meters is 2011 feet.

Ideally, I would want to put a radius around the bike.

upload_2020-5-27_0-6-13.png

upload_2020-5-27_0-13-14.png

Last edited:
We kind of knew Jayme's parents didn't do it because they were dead.
BM is alive and behaving oddly.
LE seems to have leads they're exploring and that's just the few we've heard about.
They know more.
MOO
Many suspected Jayme Closs had a boyfriend and she was willingly involved in her parent's murder just as some now think BM is "behaving oddly."

It's important to separate opinion from fact. I have seen no proof whatsoever that BM is "behaving oddly."

JMO

Try the CCSO's FB page, March 17 Press Release. I don't recognize the the body of water in the first pic. The second one is Fooses Lake IMO

Thank you! I came to the same conclusion - no specific waterway search locations. I was hoping that knowing which water areas were searched would help refine where her bike was located. No such luck.
I found the photo that was used in another article that said the dive team was in a lake. I can't find that article, I am sorry, otto, I tried, but this photo was captioned as them being in a lake elsewhere:

NINTCHDBPICT000583809293-2.png

The photo comes from this article:

You have to scroll way down to find this photo, so I posted it just so folks can see it without going crazy looking for it.

I don't know if this helps, otto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member