Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from a fireman's family. I've never heard of the fire department being recused from a call due to conflict of interest of a fireman, if that's what you are implying. JMO
Well if you’re talking about a probable homicide investigation where a fireman is likely the prime suspect, then it makes complete sense.

This was not a search and rescue.

They didn’t want civilians helping as it could both interfere in the search, and compromise a criminal investigation. It stands to reason that the bringing in the fire department, with a clear conflict of interest, could hamper the effort.

I'm one that's hopeful Suzanne is still alive, and think that's very possible. So, I do not want her "body to be found," as that would not be a good outcome IMO. The only thing I've ruled "out" (very low probability) is wildlife attack, for the many aforementioned reasons in this thread.

Respectfully snipped for focus.

As for BM's video. I take very little from that. Except, I would've wore a better shirt, not one that's mis-shapen and on it's way to the rag bag (MOO). Why wait a week? I don't know, maybe he waited until the media coverage, which was good early, died down a bit. Maybe he kept it short so the media wouldn't sound bite it. Or, maybe he was nervous and hiding something. I don't know.

What do you think about the lack of further appeals and the family's Find Suzanne FB being so quiet?

It's now been 3 weeks. I really have no explanation, myself. I try to think of benign ones, but it seems as if the family has lost hope.

I believe it's payouts that are taxable income. moo But I'm no farmer.
Are farm subsidies taxable? Farm subsidies are provided by the federal government in order to help farmers level out their incomes and avoid the impact of wild price swings in the market. ... The money that is taken by the farmers is considered taxable income.

What do you think about the lack of further appeals and the family's Find Suzanne FB being so quiet?

It's now been 3 weeks. I really have no explanation, myself. I try to think of benign ones, but it seems as if the family has lost hope.

IMO, I think it’s possible the page creator(s) wanted to leave the page with the last post being the husband’s video plea.

But, given that LE saw fit to search a job site property they might not trust the possible abduction path, at least not up until the property search resulted in no findings (assumed) so, back to the abduction possibility?

SBM

I don't know much about police investigations. Aren't investigators obliged to follow/check all tips they receive?

If they sometimes didn't I think a defence team could bring up the subject in order to attempt to introduce "reasonable doubt" into the minds of jurors?

We had a 1978 case that never went to trial because the prosecutor knew there was such an issue that couldn't be resolved. We knew a cop who told us who did it, and the reason why the case was stalled. Good news: The perp JUST got arrested in March because DNA will now negate that long time lingering issue. Better late than never.

Not sure if I can identify the case here. Might be off topic.

It really does, especially following Gannon's disappearance and the family devastated but hanging tough publicly for a couple of months. Barry can forget his reward, I'd have been much more impressed if after a week he had hired his own crack investigative team.

snipped by me

That style of decoration, with the heads and the dark wood and the leather and animal-skin rugs and all the rest, is just the Western US style, and has been for like fifty years. Before that it was heads, light wood, and leather. It's not perceived as particularly masculine or feminine, just cozy.

And I agree, I don't see any control issues.

This is my daily checkin. Still hoping for news!

It's not just decor. BM is a huge hunter.

snipped by me

That style of decoration, with the heads and the dark wood and the leather and animal-skin rugs and all the rest, is just the Western US style, and has been for like fifty years. Before that it was heads, light wood, and leather. It's not perceived as particularly masculine or feminine, just cozy.

And I agree, I don't see any control issues.

This is my daily checkin. Still hoping for news!
I agree. I had an uncle who had these heads all over their house, even the bedrooms. My aunt didn't mine in the least. One of my brothers goes hunting in Colorado. Both men very quiet and gentle! They along with my husband could never have done a video. They would have had a spokesperson or an attorney do it.

Here's the link to the farm subsidies, sorry that's the word the government uses. I can't change that. Also sorry it took so long, life got in the way. I know my original post was deleted per no link.
EWG's Farm Subsidy Database
That doesn't seem to be a USDA site, but an organization that gets USDA data. And reading the detail, that seems to refer to conservation payments.
I guess I think it's potentially misleading to refer to "subsidies" in this case: it can wildly different things to different people.

This case is starting to remind me of Scott Peterson case, it got me thinking, would be interesting to know the stats of women killed by their partners, how many occurred in their own home.
If you intend disposing of your partners body, the safest place must be your own home, no witness, time to plan it all, time to arrange an alibi.

Perhaps SM confided in her daughters that she was going to ask BM for a divorce the weekend of May 9-10 when the girls were camping. When they were unable to reach SM maybe they became concerned....
I do not believe there was ever a bike ride and that there is a good possibility that she was harmed on or before Saturday, May 9.
JMO

That doesn't seem to be a USDA site, but an organization that gets USDA data. And reading the detail, that seems to refer to conservation payments.
I guess I think it's potentially misleading to refer to "subsidies" in this case: it can wildly different things to different people.
You're right, see below. We have several hundred acres in CRP at work, it also nets a large savings in property taxes.

The Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) pays a yearly rental payment in exchange for farmers removing environmentally sensitive land from agricultural production and planting species that will improve environmental quality.

Well if you’re talking about a probable homicide investigation where a fireman is likely the prime suspect, then it makes complete sense.

This was not a search and rescue.

They didn’t want civilians helping as it could both interfere in the search, and compromise a criminal investigation. It stands to reason that the bringing in the fire department, with a clear conflict of interest, could hamper the effort.
I have no idea what you are talking about. As of the sheriff's last press bulletin on May 26th, this is still a missing person case.
May 26th Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member