CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I see is a post stating someone named Steve Emersen is going to use his contacts to find a good media outlet to tell the story and is looking into a really great lawyer.

No clue what lawyer that might be. But apparently they have now hired an attorney? How do we know that, mysterygirl?

ETA: Here's Steven Emerson: Steven Emerson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Famous international journalist but different name spelling and I don't think he's the one who suggested they write their blog and also is using his contacts to help them get media attention as well as to retain counsel. The famous Emerson IS the media. He wouldn't need to punt the ball.

Well, LOL, I was not going to speculate on who SE was. The mom seems to think he is very important, important enough to mention he was the one that suggested the blog and was going to help them.

Whoever SE is. The Ingrams really do need some advice.

I've been going nuts trying to find where I had read about the video from the night she died. and I've had absolutely no luck. Since I can't find a link for it and it's too late to edit my own post, is there a way to have the comment removed by someone else? If so, who would I contact about it? TIA

Who is Steven Emerson, lol? I feel dumb that I can't figure this out. :maddening:

Don't know. It's a pretty common name. You will get some interesting things at the first of google, though. Like I said, don't know. He seems important to the family. He is also the one that suggested the blog.

Just a few things I would like to say. I mean ABSOLUTELY no disrespect to anyone involved in this case so please no one take anything that way.

I do appreciate TI's layout of her blog, as I think maybe doing this type of format may be a type of grief therapy for her. I know for me it wouldn't work bc I would be looking at everything in hindsight and beating myself up for not seeing things in a different perspective perhaps. That being said, I do wish that she would put all of the facts out there. I would be curious to see the official TOX and autopsy reports. As well as a copy of police reports and all the video and photos they made of any suspect(s). Yeah. I know. I don't ask for much. LOL.

I was stalked once by an ex boyfriend and I was constantly in fear. I just am yet to see any actual stalking as I am familiar with it. All I see so far is tapping on the windows or stones being thrown at them. TI stated that there was proof he was on the roof at one point but I suppose we will have to wait for that to come.

TI has stated that M had been prescribed amytriptylene about 1 1/2 years befor her death. Has it been stated what it was being prescribed for? AMY has many uses....depression, sleep aid, pain, among others. Had she ever been prescribed any of the other meds found in her system? These drugs can all be used as a sleep aid. They can also be used recreationally. I am NOT stating that she was a drug user at all, just saying what they can be used for.

I know when I was that age my parents certainly didnt know all that went on in my life. While I do think that M was close to her parents, I don't think they knew her every move and every detail. I find it very probable that M could have been attempting to medicate herself.

While I have done some reading on AMY I have yet to find how long it takes to digest the actual pills after they have been taken. Sorry. Should have done some more research! Does anyone know the answer to this?

all this is MOO

I've been going nuts trying to find where I had read about the video from the night she died. and I've had absolutely no luck. Since I can't find a link for it and it's too late to edit my own post, is there a way to have the comment removed by someone else? If so, who would I contact about it? TIA

It was in the radio interview...from what I remember

Now I'm confused! I see a post dated 9-19-12, stating they are being referred to a possible attorney. Is there more info stating they have actually retained one?

Just trying to keep things straight.

Yes someone linked to a comment the other night about an attorney....on the blog

Sorreeee ~ my intention wasn't to lump you with anybody. I don't think we get too many facts in the form of what evidence police have gathered AND THE CONCLUSIONS they've drawn from the evidence. We may see them removing the computer and this and that from someone's house but they don't turn around and reveal what they found from their examination. They tell us they've received dozens or even hundreds of leads but we don't know what they are.
I still don't get why we are expecting evidence to be revealed when we know LE doesn't consider Morgan's death an open case, right?
Even if they did, they wouldn't reveal the evidence they have to us. :waitasec:

The mother's goal to get the case reopened. That's where her ball lies. What am I missing and I promise I wasn't trying to lump you with anybody. I was just responding to everyone's demand for evidence is all.

Lump me in the pile of trying to help a mother get the answers she needs to move on and the other pile of if someone committed a crime, I want them to pay for it. To me, there seems to be reasonable doubt as to either or, not just M's supposed suicide but that there may have been foul play involved that caused her death.

I actually don't expect any evidence to be revealed, at least not to us. In fact, it's wise to hold some back so that if they can find a corroborating witness or something, the defense can't claim the witness was tainted by evidence they reviewed.

Instead, they need to hire an attorney and have that attorney help them present said evidence to the DA, and along up the chain and if none of that works, they need to release the smoking gun publicly, to create the firestorm that the state of Colorado cannot brush under the rug.

Again, I have no problem discussing this case from a one source point of view and I have no problem with the blog format or with certain evidence being withheld from us sleuthers.

What I have a problem with is people repeating as fact, uncorroborated statements or unauthenticated evidence and arguing what we "know" to be true based on that. That's why I try to say, "IIRC" or "assuming". Hambirg, I think, is pretty darn good at discussing the "facts" but not repeating that which is unconfirmed as irrefutable evidence. I'd like to see more of that.

But when I see things stated as "what we know" when we don't, I'm going to respectfully challenge that. Otherwise we have a useless thread. hey, I had some incorrect assumptions that people have cleared up and that makes it easier for me to wade through fact, fiction, possibility and probability. It's opened my eyes.

In the meantime, I want answers for this family as well. But so far, it appears they have not done certain things necessary to getting this case reexamined. They haven't even tried to get police reports because "Oh, I don't think LE are happy with us right now." What? And mystery states they have retained counsel but based on the statement on their FB just days ago that they were merely looking into that possibility, I'm thinking that could be a mistake?

The only other thing I have heard is that mom had an attorney at one point or contacted one who stopped calling her back, which either indicates they don't have a case or that the attorney wanted money that they could not afford to pay.

So, we'll see. I have done what i can repeating on this thread what she can do and what she needs to do (using my attorney hat). Surely a case that has media attention, loyal blog followers, an active thread on FB, allegations or implications of stalking, defamation, corruption, murder, inept public, union member servants, grief and one of the loveliest girls ever to grace the pages of an obituary, there is some attorney out there who is willing to take this case on pro bono for this family, even if just for the publicity.

I'm waiting, with much hope.

I emailed Nancy and Jane. Dont know if it done any good but hopefully many people did the same to let them know there is interest.

Not Gitana, but I will try.

I can't state it all well, but there would have to be some new evidence, that was not known at the time of the original investigation, presented. That evidence would have to support the theory of murder in order to reopen and change the COD.

In this case it could be the video. I don't know what is on it, but it could be what is needed. If it is not enough, they will be told that.

If there is evidence in the LE reports that they did not investigate properly and thoroughly, that would be looked into. If that turned up something, the case could be reopened.

If someone comes forward with info about a murder, that would be looked into. If it gave evidence to support murder, then it would be reopened.

Just some examples, but it is all about new evidence, and looking over what was already done - hence our continuing to say get all the documentation.

I'm sorry about your family/friends cases.

Thanks. I don't know if the video could be considered new evidence or not, I think it was part of what they had given LE and the sheriff's dept. said they hadn't gotten around to looking at. I just really wish she'd quit bad-mouthing LE, the ME and coroner and MSM if she really wants to get any help with the case. I think that a little tact and diplomacy might have gotten at least one of them to lean more toward becoming an ally for her rather than an adversary. MOO

So many unanswered questions and I have tried to read all the posts and have read each and every blog.
What this family went through, trying to keep their daughter safe.

I am wondering if you thought your loved one had been murdered, would you consent to that person being cremated?
In other cases mentioned in this topic, the exhumed body held clues even 25 years later.

It must be so traumatic to have to think that your daughter has been murdered and yet, not get LE to re investigate.

I would like for everyone to take time and read this important information.

Please if you discuss this information,

1. Remember Websleuths TOS and Rules.

2. Please do not post any information against other posters

3. Remember most importantly that this is a forum that allows all opinions even when we disagree with each other.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185734"]Morgan Ingram's Tox. Report - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8390401#post8390401"]****NO DISCUSSION****Morgan Ingram's Autopsy Report - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thanks. I don't know if the video could be considered new evidence or not, I think it was part of what they had given LE and the sheriff's dept. said they hadn't gotten around to looking at. I just really wish she'd quit bad-mouthing LE, the ME and coroner and MSM if she really wants to get any help with the case. I think that a little tact and diplomacy might have gotten at least one of them to lean more toward becoming an ally for her rather than an adversary. MOO

I don't have that all worded right, but I think you get the idea. Not the proper phrasing and what happens I'm sure. But new evidence and looking over the documentation has to support murder.

I don't know if LE ever looked at the video. I think she said it was in her "dropbox" account, I hope she gave them something more than a website address with an uploaded video. They might not have looked at that, they would need the actual video. Again, we don't know what LE did or did not do.

I don't know when the bad feelings with LE, ME and everyone else began or why. It doesn't help them by any means, although I understand grieving and frustration. Sometimes you have to not say it out loud though, something I'm not good at.

Ok, so there is no link. Maybe You can tell me Gitana; is it different in different states, or does the COD always have to be changed before a case (suicide/accidentl death/natural causes) can be reopened and reinvestigated as a homicide? I know that in the 2 cases I know about (I wasn't directly involved but family and friends were) the police said their hands were tied unless/until the ME changed the COD. One had been originally determined to be a suicide and the other had originally been determined to be accidental.

The suicide has never been reopened because they refused to change the official COD. The accidental death was reopened more than 25 years later, and it was determined to be a homocide. Ironically, after 3 men had been charged, and 2 convicted (the 3rd was in jail for over a year before a jury found him not guilty after deliberating for less than an hour), they started wondering if they weren't all actually innocent and the original COD correct.

I don't really know. But think of it this way. Reviewing records and evidence in order to consider changing the COD, IS reopening a case. They really can't get permission to exhume a body or do a new autopsy or have a new ME review and revise an autopsy report, without probable cause that a crime was committed. Does that make sense?

I definitely remember that too and I do think it was in a blog post somewhere.

Yes someone linked to a comment the other night about an attorney....on the blog

Was that a recent blog post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member