CO CO - Thomas 'Tommy' Cook, 26, Pueblo, 14 Aug 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His FB page is updated. If you're on FB please like and share his flier.I'm going to paste in today's post that I made. It has the correct narrative on it with what happened for Thomas to walk away and says how the story about him "hitching home to Kansas" came about. My heart hurts to say this because I know his mom and one sister. Unfortunately, I do not think he is alive. Had someone gone after him, I think he maybe could have been saved.

5 years today. I'm always thinking about his mom, sister, kids and other siblings/ family. Wish they would get answers. IMO his case was botched from the start. They should have used SAR dogs to find his trail, but the story was he may have hitched back home to Kansas but we know that's not true. Please give this a share if you see it. 5 years is way too long without answers!

THOMAS COOK - Missing since August 14, 2013 From Pueblo Colorado
Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old - Age 28 now
Height & Weight - 5'8"; 185 lbs
Biracial black/white mixed male. Brown hair; brown eyes
Scars: Scar on right eyebrow scar on lip to right side of nose
Nickname: Tommy

Thomas and his dad had an argument, he took a walk to cool off. What happened next is not really known, A few days later, Pueblo police called his mom to ask if he was there, explaining what happened, thinking he went there since he never came back to his fathers. That's why we had said "it was reported that he was heading back to Wichita, KS area to be with his family and friends," we didn't really know what happened back then." His only way to get there would have been to hitch hike. The reality is that we don't know why Pueblo Police thought he would hitch without his wallet or any of his belongings. It never made sense to us

Circumstances of Disappearance - Thomas "Tommy" Cook went missing Wednesday, August 14, 2013 from his fathers home on W Cokedale Dr near S Angus Ave, in Pueblo, CO. Thomas and his father had an altercation and Thomas left to cool off; leaving his wallet and all forms of identification behind. It was originally thought by Pueblo Police that he had hitched back to Kansas or was living homeless at shelters but no one had seen him anywhere.

Another advocate and myself have been trying to get Thomas listed on the Pueblo CO Crime Stoppers web site, we would post and private message the page asking why he wasn't listed and would be ignored. I finally sent a tip thru the Crime Stoppers web tips and was told Pueblo Police said not to list him. In February 2015, the mother of Kelsie Schelling, another missing person in Pueblo, filed a law suit against Pueblo Police. In early March of 2015, Pueblo Police hit the media with articles about Thomas; we noticed Thomas was finally added to Crime Stoppers web site.

Thomas has two children that he adores and regularly sees. He would never go this long without contacting them. Thomas has not contacted any family, friends either. His family had hoped he would check in on his birthday, but that passed without contact. Next came Thanksgiving and Christmas followed by his mom's birthday. Thomas has never gone thru holidays and birthdays without contact. He has not logged into any of his regularly used accounts. Those closest to him are very concerned because this is VERY out of character for Thomas and he had seemed depressed before his disappearance and was without his medications.

We are seeking help in finding Thomas Cook. We ask if you have any information about his whereabouts to PLEASE contact John Burgos at (719) 583-4730. Or you can PM his FB page

Facebook page
NamUs link
Project Jason
Missing Persons Of America -
Pueblo Crime Stoppers -
Pueblo County Sheriff's Office -

W Cokedale Drive near S Angus Ave Pueblo, CO 81007 http://goo.gl/maps/vhjdK

February 28. 2014: Pueblo West resident Thomas R. Cook has been missing over six months and Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office is asking for help from the community. Since Mr Thomas left of his own free will and he is an adult, investigators had hoped he would reach out to family on his own. Family and friends of Mr. Cook have been interviewed by detectives several times over the past six and a half months but no one has heard from the man.
On the evening of August 17, 2013 Thomas, or Tommy as his family refers to him, left his father’s house after an argument. Tommy said he intended to go to Kansas, where he had lived before moving to Pueblo West. He left the home without his personal belongings or his wallet. Both his 26th birthday and Christmas have passed without him reaching out to anyone. PCSO Detectives have been working with Kansas authorities for the past several months but there has been no sign of Tommy in either state and he hasn’t been contacted by law enforcement anywhere else in the country.

Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office Investigations Sergeant Shelley Bryant believes someone in Pueblo can help solve the case. “We want assistance, someone to point us in the right direction while we will continue to do everything we can to find him” says Bryant. “His parents and friends are in need of answers and we want to provide those answers.”

Mr. Cook is a bi-racial man with brown hair and brown eyes, 5’08 and 180 pounds. He was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans. If anyone has information on Thomas Cook, or saw him on or after August 17th, they are asked to contact the lead detective in the case, Detective Williams at 719-583-4856 or Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office Communications at 719-583-6250.

Last edited:
7013176c07af04b04a359c43e154f2a6.jpg

Did Tommy wear a ring like this?

Yesterday was Tommy's 31st birthday with him missing 5 years. Was a very hard day for his family.

Was so busy yesterday, I posted on his page and shared it but forgot to post.

Please say a prayer for his family that he's found to end their suffering

Last edited:
I'm sorry to say that Tommy's mom Barbara passed away on the 21st. She was in her early 60s. Praying she's found her youngest child. Tommy being missing broke her heart in pieces

We have not posted it on the page yet. Her daughter who I'm friends with has been looking to see If Barbara had life insurance. She may have to do a fund raiser as there is no burial help in the state of Kansas.

Thomas Randall Cook
  • thomas_randall_cook_1.jpg
  • thomas_randall_cook_2.jpg
  • thomas_randall_cook_3.jpg
  • thomas_randall_cook_4.jpg
  • thomas_randall_cook_5.jpg
Cook, circa 2013

• Missing Since 08/17/2013
  • Missing From Pueblo, Colorado
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 10/23/1987 (31)
  • Age 25 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8, 180 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white t-shirt or blue striped shirt, blue jeans and possibly a watch.
  • Medical Conditions Cook may have been depressed at the time of his disappearance. He takes medication for unspecified reasons, and doesn't have his medicine with him.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (African-American/Caucasian) male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Cook's nickname is Tommy. He has a scar on his right eyebrow and a scar on his lip that extends to the right side of his nose. He had a brown goatee at the time of his disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Cook was last seen at his father's residence on west Cookdale Drive near south Angus Avenue in Pueblo, Colorado on August 17, 2013. He and his father had an argument, and he walked away from the house. He left his wallet and all his other belongings behind and has never been heard from again.

It's completely uncharacteristic of Cook to leave without warning, and his family stated they didn't think he would have abandoned his two children.

Prior to his disappearance he said he was going to Wellington, Kansas or Wichita, Kansas, but it's unclear whether he ever arrived there. He may have also been interested in going to California. His only form of transportation would have been hitchhiking. His case remains unsolved.

Thomas Randall Cook – The Charley Project

Yesterday was Tommy's 31st birthday with him missing 5 years. Was a very hard day for his family.

Was so busy yesterday, I posted on his page and shared it but forgot to post.

Please say a prayer for his family that he's found to end their suffering

I got side tracked early this morning, was going to post for his 35th birthday. Thankfully his sister posted. He's been gone 9 years, their mom has been gone almost 4. Losing her youngest killed her. It sucked the life out of her until she lost her fight to live. His children are getting older without their father.

So many case solves the last few years, I'm praying that with hunting season this year brings some sort of closure for his family, at least with remains being found, so they can bury him with his mom. I've always felt either he was killed or he was suicidal. He would not just up and leave like that.

Name:
Thomas R. Cook
Nickname:
Tommy
Race:
Other
DOB:
10/23/1987
Height:
5ft 8in
Weight:
185 lbs
Hair:
Brown
Eyes:
Brown
Case: 13S016974
Last Known Location: Pueblo, CO
Missing Persons As Of: 08/14/2013
Pueblo West resident Thomas R. Cook has been missing since 08/17/2013. Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office is asking for help from the community.

On August 17, 2013, Thomas (Tommy) left his father’s home in Pueblo West. Thomas said he intended to go to Kansas, where he had lived before moving to Pueblo West. Thomas left the home without any personal belongings. More than a year has gone by without any signs of Thomas. PCSO detectives have been working with Kansas authorities with no signs of Thomas in either state and he hasn’t been contacted by law enforcement anywhere else in the country.

Detective J.C. Williams believes someone in Pueblo can help provide information on where Thomas is. “We are asking anyone in the community that may have any information regarding Thomas to contact us” says Williams. “His family and friends are in need of answers and we want to provide those answers.”

Mr. Cook is a bi-racial man with brown hair and brown eyes, 5’08” and 180 pounds. He was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans. If anyone has information on Thomas Cook they are asked to contact the Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office (719)583-6250.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamonara
Back