Colorado Wildfires 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

margarita25

Reaction score
I’ve been keeping an eye on this one since it broke out and was hoping we weren’t going to need a thread:

416 Fire burning in southwest Colorado grows to 7,180 acres
http://amp.thedenverchannel.com/261...-southwest-colorado-grows-to-7-180-acres.html

This fire started June 1. Articles I have read say there is only 10 percent containment at this time, and they do not expect full containment til June 30th.

(Note to check on IQuestion, she lost her home in last year’s fires in CA.)

My immediate and initial thought is “there goes any last evidence to be found in Dylan Redwine’s case”...not sure how close this is to where he was found...need to look this up...

5 things to know Friday about the 416 Fire

“3) The fire might be here for awhileA Type I federal firefighting team will assume command over firefighting efforts at 6 a.m. Saturday. The fire, which has remained 10 percent contained, is in a steep and rocky region which makes it difficult for firefighters to directly engage, and slurry bombs haven’t been an effective dousing method. More than 600 firefighters have been fighting the fire, with more expected to arrive with the Type I team. The steep terrain, combined with the extremely dry weather conditions in the area, means the fire could be active for a while.“

I’ve been keeping an eye on this one since it broke out and was hoping we weren’t going to need a thread:

Is a thread needed when a fire is human-caused, or just if there is police presence due to mandatory evacuations? Is there some protocol that addresses this on Websleuths?

With the very hot and dry conditions, it looks like it could be another bad wildfire season here in CO, especially the southern half of the state, with this fire threatening quite a few homes.

[O/T] I wanted to thank you for taking part in the search for Adam Gilbertson early this year; he has been on my mind again with his birthday passing on Wednesday of this week. I was wondering about your experience: would you volunteer for more such searches, or was the experience "too real" to go through again?

“416 Fire nearly doubles in size to 16,766 acres Sunday; 650+ homes evacuated
US 550 closed from Hermosa to Cascade“

416 Fire nearly doubles in size to 16,766 acres Sunday; 650+ homes evacuated

Is a thread needed when a fire is human-caused, or just if there is police presence due to mandatory evacuations? Is there some protocol that addresses this on Websleuths?

With the very hot and dry conditions, it looks like it could be another bad wildfire season here in CO, especially the southern half of the state, with this fire threatening quite a few homes.

[O/T] I wanted to thank you for taking part in the search for Adam Gilbertson early this year; he has been on my mind again with his birthday passing on Wednesday of this week. I was wondering about your experience: would you volunteer for more such searches, or was the experience "too real" to go through again?

Hi dspdenver, I am marking this to respond to.

“Sunday’s weather forecast calls for another day of hot, bone-dry and breezy conditions, with wind gusts of up to 35 mph anticipated near the 416 fire. The National Weather Service has issued Red Flag warnings (highlighting high fire danger) that cover much of western Colorado, the northern and central mountains, and the foothills near Denver.

That likely means the 416 fire will grow again, Bawden said, with an analyst predicting the flames will advance 1 to 2 miles per hour at times.“

416 fire north of Durango grows to nearly 17,000 acres, almost doubling in 24 hours, with new evacuations ordered – The Denver Post

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers
Back