Comforter in Josh Powell's Storage Unit Tests Positive for Blood

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK I have a really off the wall theory here but with this case I think anything is possible. It is kind of graphic so WARNING!!!

I am thinking of Josh's story of Susan not feeling well, the boys saying Mommy had an owie and the comforter found with blood on it. Is it all possible that Susan may have been pregnant and suffered a miscarriage? I am thinking of Josh's warped values and beliefs and maybe he blamed her for it and became enraged and killed her? The only reason I can think of "saving" a bloody comforter would be if it had some value to you? Perhaps he felt the quilt contained the remains of his unborn child and he kept it there to "visit" it.

I know this is far fetched but with these people and what I have learned it makes my mind reach to places it normally wouldn't. I just thought I would share one crazy theory in what is already a crazy situation.

I have always said that I believe that Josh kept souveneirs of his crime against Susan. Remember, he was a narcissist; he thought that he was above the law, smarter than the police. He witnessed how his father got away with a lifetime of abuse against his family. He helped hold his mother down while SP beat her. He saw how easily SP got custody of his own children, (except for JG), in the divorce. Josh got a thrill from the percieved power he felt, knowing that he was getting away with Susan's murder. Any souvenier just increased the thrill! MOO

I won't be surprised if this comforter turns out to have blood spray on it. I won't be surprised if other souveniers, (maybe even pictures or video), turn up. If they don't, I'll just assume he hid them well.

Josh's personality reminds me of the BTK serial killer. He liked to gloat. Getting away with murder is not as much fun for this type of freak if no one knows for sure that he did it!

I have always said that I believe that Josh kept souveneirs of his crime against Susan. Remember, he was a narcissist; he thought that he was above the law, smarter than the police. He witnessed how his father got away with a lifetime of abuse against his family. He helped hold his mother down while SP beat her. He saw how easily SP got custody of his own children, (except for JG), in the divorce. Josh got a thrill from the percieved power he felt, knowing that he was getting away with Susan's murder. Any souvenier just increased the thrill! MOO

I won't be surprised if this comforter turns out to have blood spray on it. I won't be surprised if other souveniers, (maybe even pictures or video), turn up. If they don't, I'll just assume he hid them well.

Josh's personality reminds me of the BTK serial killer. He liked to gloat. Getting away with murder is not as much fun for this type of freak if no one knows for sure that he did it!

Now that you mention it, SP kept souveniers of Susan too. Making me wonder if SP had anything to do with this locker. Sounds like the nut didn't fall to far from the tree.

Would you bother to keep a soiled quilt in a storage locker and pay the fees for it?

I can't see JP keeping a quilt connected to the murder of Susan. I find the whole storage locker thing odd.

If the items in the locker were mostly Susan's then Josh may have kept the locker for his whole facade of her returning someday. Look how good he looks for keeping her things in the hope of her return. Eventually the boys would have asked about personal items and photos of their mom. Josh would have had the ability to appear like the good husband and dad by saving these items. EVERY choice Josh made was to benefit him in some way.

As far as how they know about the storage unit visit the other day I am thinking that the owner/manager/employees may have known him on sight. He would have been familiar as the news of Susan's disappearance was covered frequently and he was also interviewed.

I'm thinking that he visited and was seen, no biggie a tennant visiting his unit. But then the next day the news of his murder of the boys and the owner probably called LE.

I don't even know where my local landfill is. It's interesting that he does, given that he's not in a business like construction that would take him to the landfill regularly.

I think anyone who does a lot of DIY home improvements or landscaping would know. I've always known as we have way too much yard clippings when we do our yard work so we fill a trailer and visit the landfill usually twice a month. I don't think that's unusual.

I think anyone who does a lot of DIY home improvements or landscaping would know. I've always known as we have way too much yard clippings when we do our yard work so we fill a trailer and visit the landfill usually twice a month. I don't think that's unusual.

That makes sense. I'm just struck by the fact that it doesn't seem he's done too much of that in Washington, at least that we know of. Also, going to all the trouble of dumping things at a landfill - if it's just papers and boxes, you could put them in any dumpster, or bring them to the house you're going to burn up and just put them in your trash cans....the landfill run is puzzling. Seems like he was really thinking those would not be found.

I think he was just playing games with LE - he probably knew his finals steps would be retraced after his death. He's probably sitting around the fire having a good laugh with the devil as they sift through the garbage in hopes of finding evidence of some sort.

Is there any news yet on the landfill search? TIA :rocker:

Is there any news yet on the landfill search? TIA :rocker:

I haven't seen anything yet. Don't know if we will today, they had a lot to look through, and news is about the boys funeral. News may stay on that for respect, time it will take, and the weekend. Will keep eyes open though.

Also, in regards to going to the landfill, yeah, it could have been another throw them off over here thing. Or it could be where he was did not have trash pick up and you had to take your own. I doubt he would intentionally leave any clues about Susan, he would have burned everything long ago or that horrible day.

As far as how they know about the storage unit visit the other day I am thinking that the owner/manager/employees may have known him on sight. He would have been familiar as the news of Susan's disappearance was covered frequently and he was also interviewed.

I'm thinking that he visited and was seen, no biggie a tennant visiting his unit. But then the next day the news of his murder of the boys and the owner probably called LE.

I had a storage unit for a time. At the one I used there was a keypad that you entered a code in order to open the gate so you could drive in. The code was assigned by the manager and we could not simply pick a code of our own. This may have been a way to track who came and went and when.

Have they asked Susan's friend Kiirsi what kind of comforter Susan last had on her bed?

They were such good friends and this is something a woman notices.

The news media guy Nate (can't remember last name), but he tweeted that it was only a small amount of blood.

This may have already been discussed (sorry, trying to keep up), but does anyone think the toys JP donated had been in the storage unit?

They may have been toys Susan had gotten them and he didn't want them to have them. I know someone called LE about the toys and books because it had both Josh and Susan's names in them.

If so, that is terrible to keep those toys and pics from them. Finally seeing her pictures again probably is probably what started triggering their memories.

I just know I came across this photo of some kid's building blocks that were in the fire. The way LE made it sound, he donated all the kids toys from the home. Sorry, I don't know how to insert the pic but here is the link. So sad.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=josh...tart=0&ndsp=10&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=69&ty=69

Because LE had confiscated his. The one that was on his bed in plain sight, that is.

We have more than one quilt/bedspread/comforter around our house. When we get a new one, the old one goes into storage in case we need it later. Like if we want to wrap a dead/dying body in the back of a van for clean transport.

BBM...:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Even if it turns out to be Susan's blood and LE had found it sooner...would they have arrested him? No one has been arrested in Ayla's case, although her blood has been found in her father's bedroom.

Even if it turns out to be Susan's blood and LE had found it sooner...would they have arrested him? No one has been arrested in Ayla's case, although her blood has been found in her father's bedroom.

I doubt it. He could have said she cut herself, had a nosebleed, or some unsavory comment. The blanket would just be added to a pile of stuff to maybe become part of evidence.

I'd like to think something could come of this blood...but, if it was used to transport Susans' body; wouldn't J. or his dad have burned/disposed of -- it by now ? It appears that they may have done that to her body.
imo.

I'd like to think something could come of this blood...but, if it was used to transport Susans' body; wouldn't J. or his dad have burned/disposed of -- it by now ? It appears that they may have done that to her body.
imo.

Maybe they should let a cadaver dog smell the comforter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back