Computer Support

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks so much, Nancy and Christine! :blowkiss: I tried that workaround that Taxi posted and it didn't work. If I remember correctly, the 9xmig.dll issue came up. Thanks again, I hope we can come up with an answer. I WILL try the workaround again though, TTYL!

Stan - If you still have roadrunner, call their technical support and see if they will tell you how to get to your Outlook Express. I have found the technicians to be helpful (usually). They probably will walk you right through it. I would not go into detail about how you "lost" access. I would just tell them that you can't get to it and give them the error message that you are getting.

Stan, it helps us a lot if you tell us what OS (Operating System) you are running and what version of OE (Outlook Express).

There are several things you can try, but it depends on what OE you have. You can download Msoe.DLL file from online, but you need the proper one.

You could try searching your PC for this file (Msoe.DLL) and copying it into it's rightful place, C:\PROGRAM FILES\OUTLOOK EXPRESS

Another option...as a last resort, you can try SYSTEM RESTORE. (restore computers state to an earlier date)
Let us know OS and version of OE and lets see if we can help ya figure this out ;)

Hi Christine .... Before I take Nancy's advice and call Roadrunner today to see if they can solve this Outlook Express problem, I believe I have the Outlook Express version you asked for, I'm showing that it's the 5.50 version. The whole number I see is ... 5.50.4807.1700. I hope this helps, this is so frustrating. Thanks Nancy, Christine and Taxi for your help in this matter, I hope I get it straightened out.

Hi Christine .... Before I take Nancy's advice and call Roadrunner today to see if they can solve this Outlook Express problem, I believe I have the Outlook Express version you asked for, I'm showing that it's the 5.50 version. The whole number I see is ... 5.50.4807.1700. I hope this helps, this is so frustrating. Thanks Nancy, Christine and Taxi for your help in this matter, I hope I get it straightened out.

Working on finding the downloads for Msoe.DLL/9xmig.dll. I believe we can download these and replace in proper places, delete the current ones you have now and it will fix?

I am researching now...getting help from my other techie friends at techsupportguy :D

Working on finding the downloads for Msoe.DLL/9xmig.dll. I believe we can download these and replace in proper places, delete the current ones you have now and it will fix?

I am researching now...getting help from my other techie friends at techsupportguy :D

Thank you!!

OK.....download these 2 files...find the old 9xmig and the msoe that are in your folder now, rename them them '9xmigOLD', etc, and then put the new 2 downloaded files in the folder.

http://www.dlldll.com/9xmig.dll_download.html

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msoe

Okay Christine ... I've downloaded those two files and saved them to my desktop. I need some instruction as to how to get them into the proper file. Is the file .... c:\program files\outlook express?

Okay Christine ... I've downloaded those two files and saved them to my desktop. I need some instruction as to how to get them into the proper file. Is the file .... c:\program files\outlook express?

Yes, rename the 2 that are there now, then put the 2 downloaded ones in the same folder.

Yes, rename the 2 that are there now, then put the 2 downloaded ones in the same folder.

Hey Christine .... I have the two files saved on my desktop. I need step by step instruction on how to transfer the files from my desktop to the Outlook Express folder. Nothing I try is working!! Help!

Hey Christine .... I have the two files saved on my desktop. I need step by step instruction on how to transfer the files from my desktop to the Outlook Express folder. Nothing I try is working!! Help!

Sent you a PM.

The mother of the autistic child is trying to register here so she can answer some of the questions the posters had, but it will not let her in, even with a gmail address. Can you help? I will PM her email address to a mod, if I knew who that was...lol The message she gets is that she her address is banned.

The mother of the autistic child is trying to register here so she can answer some of the questions the posters had, but it will not let her in, even with a gmail address. Can you help? I will PM her email address to a mod, if I knew who that was...lol The message she gets is that she her address is banned.

I do not believe WS excepts gmail...but, I am not positive. PM Chicoliving about registrations.

Sent you a PM.

.... Let's see, what have we done so far to troubleshoot my Outlook Express issue. We've tried to 'add' the address book in the add/remove programs area. But that gave me an error message saying "The MSOE.DLL could not be loaded". Then there was the 9xmig.dll issue where that file wasn't found either. To date ... I've downloaded an MSOE.DLL and 9xmig.dll file. I added these files to my Outlook Express folder, but I still couldn't open Outlook Express, same error messages. These files are WinZip files and they must need to be unzipped. We're currently looking to download a free WinZip program to unzip these files. And before too long I'm going to pull my freakin' hair out!

Stan, read here about what winzip is

http://www.winzip.com/aboutzip.htm

download here...

http://www.winzip.com/prod_down.htm

Once you unzip the files that we orginially downloaded, we are going to do the same process..(renaming old problem files to 'old', replacing new downloaded files into folder OE and System) I will be home tonight if you want to ring me and I can walk you through it.

Christine ... that particular WinZip requires that you have Windows 2000, XP or Vista. I have Win ME, any suggestions. You can call me a pain in the *advertiser censored*, I don't mind!!

It should work fine, but, I have already downloaed your DLL files and unzipped for you, I will send you via email...call me after 7 at home and I will walk you through getting them in the right place. (hopefully)

It should work fine, but, I have already downloaed your DLL files and unzipped for you, I will send you via email...call me after 7 at home and I will walk you through getting them in the right place. (hopefully)
:clap:

This kind of talk belongs in a different forum. Get a room.

too funny :crazy:

Can someone help me? I keep getting logged off here. I will post then within a few minutes I am logged out and I didn't do it. TIA for any help with this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back