Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I blame his mother partially for what happened. Her son had all these obvious issues, and she brought him guns? What is wrong with her? I don't blame Newtown at all for not including her in tributes.

ETA: Someone on another article made a good point that she is actually not a victim of the Sandy Hook massacre, because she was not killed at Sandy Hook.

Here is one article
http://articles.courant.com/2013-06...629_1_nancy-lanza-adam-lanza-danbury-hospital

More at the direct link here is a snip

The 2005 episode, detailed in medical records, suggests what some investigators, family members and friends see as a shift in his middle school years to a more perilous emotional footing for a boy diagnosed with a sensory disorder and what a family member has described as Asperger's syndrome. Seven years later, Lanza would kill his mother and then go on a murderous rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.

The Courant obtained exclusive information from medical and school records that have for months been kept secret by agencies investigating the shootings. The documents span Lanza's life from birth to age 18, including a September 2005 medical summary of the Danbury Hospital emergency room visit.

The information sheds more light on Lanza's childhood and adolescence, which, up to the point of the Danbury Hospital visit, had appeared free of documented crises, including four and a half apparently stable years as a student at Sandy Hook Elementary School, where he would return as a 20-year-old and massacre 20 first-graders and six adults, and then kill himself.

With the state police report on the Dec. 14, 2012, shooting due to be released later this summer, the Courant spent the past month interviewing more than a dozen former Newtown educators, classmates of Lanza, family members, town officials and investigators.

As part of its review, the newspaper was able to obtain details about Lanza's pediatric medical records, which are also being reviewed by a number of investigative agencies in the state. Among the goals is to examine the turning points in Lanza's life in an attempt to better understand his experiences leading up to the massacre.

One theme that has caught investigators' attention is Nancy Lanza's periodic complaints, beginning in her son's early teens, that he was not getting the proper services in school. But there is no clear indication of whether any professionals failed Adam Lanza.

In fact, Nancy Lanza told a family member by high school, things seemed to be going well for her son.

"Plenty of educators were aware of Adam's special needs," a family member told the Courant. "I never heard Nancy talk about fighting with the school and I know that she thought that Adam would grow up to be a functional adult because he was a brilliant kid in so many ways."

Family and friends interviewed by the Courant recalled turmoil in middle school, recollections bolstered by the September 2005 hospital report.

"In his 13th year of life, something's going on," said one investigator, familiar with the medical reports, who spoke to the Courant on the condition of anonymity.

Nancy Lanza talked to family members about her son's difficulties with middle school.

"I know that problems at school escalated in the middle school when the kids started to change classes during the day," a family member, who asked not to be identified, said. "It was the chaos and noise that was upsetting to him. He would react by withdrawing."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam Lanza's brother is barely older than Adam.
Is he supposed to not live his own life, instead to dedicate his life to taking care of his mentally deficient brother?
I am not sure anything was going to help Adam Lanza anyway.
He seemed to have been really defective. Of course not allowing him access to guns would have been a good start, but his mother apparently believed it was a good way for them to bond.
She should have gotten a clue-her mentally deficient son and guns shouldn't have mixed.
Locking him up in some mental hospital would have been a way to go-but of course we pretty much got rid of those.

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this. If my son acted like that there's no way he'd have access to a gun, knives or anything remotely dangerous. If he acted violent I would have had him committed.

I blame his mother partially for what happened. Her son had all these obvious issues, and she brought him guns? What is wrong with her? I don't blame Newtown at all for not including her in tributes.

ETA: Someone on another article made a good point that she is actually not a victim of the Sandy Hook massacre, because she was not killed at Sandy Hook.

Does anyone know what Adam Lanza's mother did for a job? Do we know what his father's occupation is/was?
I have a hard time believing the mother bought him guns with his disorder.
Something doesn't add up.

Does anyone know what Adam Lanza's mother did for a job? Do we know what his father's occupation is/was?

these questions are all public record.
It's really hard to fathom but she did - this was an activity and interest that the mother and son shared ! the guns were purchased with her gun license.
Parents were divorced. Father exec. At searchable company. Lives in the same county- I think the mom had her hands full with AL. She did not work outside the home even supposedly took over homeschooling her son after switching schools several times . I have met people whose children were in school with AL at times. Jmo as a teacher- They must have jumped schools Probably trying to defy the very system and school services which could have helped her boy. Even though some sources say that he attended local college as a HS student, that doesn't. Mean he could do college level work. There are many programs around our community which enable Area HS students access to community college classes.

Sandy hook ct and Newtown CT are the very same town. SandyHook and SandyHook school are part of the Town of Newtown. SH is just a named area neighborhood .

He was isolated, playing violent video games, was taught how to use guns, and had access to guns. Not a good combination for a mentally ill individual.

He also played dance dance revolution a lot, is that to blame as well? JK

It is so easy to look on the outside and see things clearly. It is much harder when your living it and have the rose colored glasses of love on. Some people see the truth in time, others don't see it until it's too late, if ever. I don't believe she ever truly believed he would hurt anyone or she wouldn't have bought the guns. Regardless, she didn't deserve to die and she is a victim.

these questions are all public record.
It's really hard to fathom but she did - this was an activity and interest that the mother and son shared ! the guns were purchased with her gun license.
Parents were divorced. Father exec. At searchable company. Lives in the same county- I think the mom had her hands full with AL. She did not work outside the home even supposedly took over homeschooling her son after switching schools several times . I have met people whose children were in school with AL at times. Jmo as a teacher- They must have jumped schools Probably trying to defy the very system and school services which could have helped her boy. Even though some sources say that he attended local college as a HS student, that doesn't. Mean he could do college level work. There are many programs around our community which enable Area HS students access to community college classes.

I couldn't find Nancy Lanza's current career/occupation. Not sure how they paid bills without income.
Very odd to buy her antisocial son guns. I wonder if his father was even aware.

Here is one article
http://articles.courant.com/2013-06...629_1_nancy-lanza-adam-lanza-danbury-hospital

More at the direct link here is a snip

The 2005 episode, detailed in medical records, suggests what some investigators, family members and friends see as a shift in his middle school years to a more perilous emotional footing for a boy diagnosed with a sensory disorder and what a family member has described as Asperger's syndrome. Seven years later, Lanza would kill his mother and then go on a murderous rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.

The Courant obtained exclusive information from medical and school records that have for months been kept secret by agencies investigating the shootings. The documents span Lanza's life from birth to age 18, including a September 2005 medical summary of the Danbury Hospital emergency room visit.

The information sheds more light on Lanza's childhood and adolescence, which, up to the point of the Danbury Hospital visit, had appeared free of documented crises, including four and a half apparently stable years as a student at Sandy Hook Elementary School, where he would return as a 20-year-old and massacre 20 first-graders and six adults, and then kill himself.

With the state police report on the Dec. 14, 2012, shooting due to be released later this summer, the Courant spent the past month interviewing more than a dozen former Newtown educators, classmates of Lanza, family members, town officials and investigators.

As part of its review, the newspaper was able to obtain details about Lanza's pediatric medical records, which are also being reviewed by a number of investigative agencies in the state. Among the goals is to examine the turning points in Lanza's life in an attempt to better understand his experiences leading up to the massacre.

One theme that has caught investigators' attention is Nancy Lanza's periodic complaints, beginning in her son's early teens, that he was not getting the proper services in school. But there is no clear indication of whether any professionals failed Adam Lanza.

In fact, Nancy Lanza told a family member by high school, things seemed to be going well for her son.

"Plenty of educators were aware of Adam's special needs," a family member told the Courant. "I never heard Nancy talk about fighting with the school and I know that she thought that Adam would grow up to be a functional adult because he was a brilliant kid in so many ways."

Family and friends interviewed by the Courant recalled turmoil in middle school, recollections bolstered by the September 2005 hospital report.

"In his 13th year of life, something's going on," said one investigator, familiar with the medical reports, who spoke to the Courant on the condition of anonymity.

Nancy Lanza talked to family members about her son's difficulties with middle school.

"I know that problems at school escalated in the middle school when the kids started to change classes during the day," a family member, who asked not to be identified, said. "It was the chaos and noise that was upsetting to him. He would react by withdrawing."

I'm certainly not sure of what all went on with Adam Lanza over his lifetime, but it has always appeared to me that Nancy Lanza was in denial or something. It's really unfortunate that she had the financial means and the time to possibly do something as time went on, but didn't do anything. The money came from somewhere for all that stuff...you don't owe a child who is nearing adulthood a private basement they control and a credit card to order more video games and such on!! Sorry, most parents with children who have such problems may not have the time and the means that she did.

Kids draw violent stuff and I usually give great latitude to the things children do without assigning something sinister, but I was a bit concerned that Lanza and a friend made up an entire book, “The Big Book of Granny,” that included possibly hurting children and a mom hurting her son... and so forth. IDK. I think I find it more disturbing that the book was around since 5th grade.

I also find it very odd that the house didn't look really lived in - didn't the move into that house a long time ago?

It's disturbing he had materials about pedophilia, that the room was completely blackened out, that mom bought him guns at all, and so on.

I believe they had the money that Nancy could have chosen to move any where, whether that was closer to his father early on or just move into a different house to get him out of the basement a few years back. Surely, she had some sense he was no where near 20 emotionally and was not headed in any direction towards adulthood or independence.

The fact that there is no real motive just drives me crazy. I expected it to turn out this way, but still it is maddening.

I always feel so bad when people talk about Nancy Lanza. Although she made some decisions that puzzle me, I have no idea what she was going through so I am not about to judge her. Being a parent of a mentally ill child is hard even with resources.

the actual 911 calls (audio, not just transcripts) were ordered released today, im not sure if there are any appeals left. they are set to be released on Dec. 4th.

I'm not entirely sure that I understand why people have been pushing for their release so I dont know where I stand on the subject. I certainly dont have any interest in hearing them myself.

But if I knew of some information that could be in them that would help understand what happened I probably would. I dont think that is the case tho.

The fact that there is no real motive just drives me crazy. I expected it to turn out this way, but still it is maddening.

I always feel so bad when people talk about Nancy Lanza. Although she made some decisions that puzzle me, I have no idea what she was going through so I am not about to judge her. Being a parent of a mentally ill child is hard even with resources.

She decided to bond with her son over guns.
Purchased multiple guns, kept them in the house.
All the while knowing her son had mental issues. For which I have no problems blaming her.

I couldn't find Nancy Lanza's current career/occupation. Not sure how they paid bills without income.
Very odd to buy her antisocial son guns. I wonder if his father was even aware.

Ex-husband was paying her large amounts of spousal/child support. It was a lot of money-enough to live in style. She didn't work.

She didn't have a job. Per divorce agreement, ex-husband was paying her large amounts of money in spousal/child support. She was brought up with guns, so apparently she didn't believe there was an issue in allowing her son with mental issues to learn how to shoot and have access to guns.

She decided to bond with her son over guns.
Purchased multiple guns, kept them in the house.
All the while knowing her son had mental issues. For which I have no problems blaming her.

I could be wrong, but wasn't it reported that the gun arsenal wasn't even locked up?

Don't you think that the fact that he was so obsessed with past massacres was his motive, as in he just wanted to commit the worst one of all, so he chose the most vulnerable targets he could, in a school he half knew with the aim of getting the highest tally ever. That's what I think his motive was, committing the worst massacre in history. The next killer will look over Adam Lanza's plans and method and will see where and how he fell short and try and outdo him, and so on and so on.

She didn't have a job. Per divorce agreement, ex-husband was paying her large amounts of money in spousal/child support. She was brought up with guns, so apparently she didn't believe there was an issue in allowing her son with mental issues to learn how to shoot and have access to guns.

BBM for focus.

This is what I find so scary, because--without being able to cite any statistics to support my view, JMO--I suspect there are thousands, or even millions, out there whose wholesale belief is that gun possession is an absolute right guaranteed by the Second Amendment that cannot and should not be ameliorated by the mental health of the gun owner.

That being said, I still don't blame her. Stupidity and blindness towards one own child isn't a crime, and the punishment for it should not be death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AustinK98