Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a horrible tragedy and info is unfolding and still so much we do not know. Maybe we should hold off on the wild speculating for now. sleuthing the school and judging the mother's house and tax base- going too far imho.

Local LE and Troopers will be having another presser - about the secondary crime scene at 6 pm.

It was reported that they were shot execution style... so yes, it may take DNA to identify some of them.

Good Christ. How unbelievable.

I wasn't in my own classroom today. I was at my daughter's school for a special program. I cannot fathom the horror the survivors must have seen.

I don't want to add to the confusion but I did hear somewhere that NL is a counselor....is it possible that she was the school psychologist?

OMG! How is that SAD?

It was a school. 20 children who probably still had all of their BABY teeth are dead.

This is honestly not the place to argue this and I am sorry, but please, a least for today, can we not say that the only thing that went wrong today was that there weren't enough guns?

Um I think she's saying that ONLY the bad guy had the gun.

I'm so sick of these weirdos. I know this didn't come out of nowhere. I'm now of the belief that we need to start institutionalizing all these "troubled" males and we as a country need to stop tolerating these nuts in the community, BEFORE they end up at this point.

You can bet I'm side-eyeing any potential nut when I'm out and about from now on.

No offence meant but how are you going to tell they are a weirdo before they do something like this? You can't just go around locking up anyone who is autistic/depressed/OCD...or any group of people for that matter. You don't know how each individual will act, nor do you know at what stage an individual who has not been diagnosed with a mental or neurological illness will behave. You can't tell who might snap.

There is bad, bad language in this Onion story, but it may be the only 100% accurate report I've seen so far. :(

ETA: Whoops, language is so bad the URL got censored -- but it's the top story on their main page.

Maybe a MOD can fix the name of Newtown in the header of this thread. TIA.

CNN reported that the perp shot either a window or a door to get in the school and was not buzzed in.

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys
Connecticut Gov. Malloy: "Evil visited this community today. It's too early to speak of recovery."

Adam Lanza,
20 yoa is the shooter who is dead via self inflicted gunshot inside the Sandy Hook Elementary school.(per brother he is autistic or aspergers..per neighbors had shown signs of mental illness).. did not graduate, but rather quit school and received his GED.

Ryan Lanza,
24yoa is the older brother of the shooter, Adam. it has been reported that Adam actually had Ryan's identification on his person when found dead.Ryan was found at his Hoboken, NJ apt and taken in handcuffs for questioning by LE.
**UPDATED PER GOV. MALLOY RYAN HAD NOT BEEN IN CONTACT WITH BROTHER, ADAM FOR 2 YEARS AND IS NOT INVOLVED IN SHOOTING**

Ryan Lanza's girlfriend is missing and unable to be located?

Nancy Lanza,
53yoa was INITIALLY reported to be a kindergarten teacher and the main target of the shooter.. NOW BEING REPORTED ^^THE ABOVE IS FALSE^^ and that mother, Nancy was found shot to death in her home where son, Adam lived with her. Son, Adam took mom's car and drove it to the elementary school.
**UPDATED PER GOV. MALLOY MOM, NANCY LANZA WAS A TEACHER'S AIDE@THE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL**

Peter Lanza,
father of the shooter, Adam Lanza.
reported that he and Nancy are divorced as of 2009, and that dad, Peter resides in Stamford. IMO unclear of his where abouts or if he is deceased or alive.
**UPDATED PER GOV. MALLOY DAD IS ALIVE AND WITH LE BEING INTERVIEW. NOT INVOLVED IN SHOOTING.**

Questions??

and the entire issue of the mother initially stated as the main target at he school that she taught kindergarten at..WE THEN LEARN NOT ONLY WAS SHE KILLED AT HOME, BUT ALSO THAT SHE IS NOT EVEN A TEACHER AT THE SCHOOL??...WTF?

Also who is the male that was reported to have been found hiding in woods nearby the elementary school immmediqtely following the shooting rampage??...is this just completely false info?..or who is this person?..LE ARE STATING THERE WAS ONLY ONE, LONE GUNMAN AND THAT HE IS DECEASED INSIDE THE SCHOOL..

Thanks for any clarification anyone can give me about the tentative info listed above as I understand it at this time..

TIA.

Presser was just the CT governor giving a speech. No news. No offense, but I'm kind of tired of the politicians doing most of the talking on this. It seems inappropriate.

For an official id they probably need DNA. Dentals are only good when dental work such as fillings, root canals, crowns etc. are done. It's very unlikely any of the students had the type of dental work needed for an official id.

DNA takes time.

From what I've heard they haven't even put a prelim id on the kids yet - and are working on taking photos of the deceased to show them to waiting families.

I had a neighbor who lost a daughter at Virginia Tech, and the parents were allowed to view the deceased immediately when asked - although finding the various morgue sites was a little bit of an effort. There were many.

But really, it's been at least 6 hours since they've had these loved one's remains and haven't allowed family to know.

Maybe a MOD can fix the name of Newtown in the header of this thread. TIA.
That misspelling is my fault. Initial article I posted referred to "Newton" and thus the mistaken thread title.

UGH do they have to use the word "slaughtered"

geez

Fox says Adam shot his mom in the face at his home, took her car and went to the school and did what he did there

I did find an NL in CT that is a with a brokerage firm or another in NJ that is an RN.

SO if she's not a teacher there what is his connection? They buzzed him in right? Must have known him. Maybe the missing gf teaches there?

NL could have remarried and is known by another name.

CNN reported that the perp shot either a window or a door to get in the school and was not buzzed in.

So now we need bulletproof glass windows in our schools in order to protect our children. I'm all for it! My tax payers money would never be so well spent, but it's extremely sad that it has come to this.

MOO

Fox News reporting:

AL shot and killed his mother in her home, where he lives with her, then went to the school.

Older brother Ryan Lanza and their father, who live in Hoboken NJ are being questioned by LE in New Jersey. No indication either are involved in any way with the shooting. AL may have had RL's ID on his person at the school, causing the initial confusion as to identity of the shooter.

Exactly. It's really hard to predict which ones will be dangerous, but it's a very very small percentage of the mentally ill who are violent.

On the other hand, especially once a mentally ill person reaches adulthood, it's increasingly difficult for family members or friends who are probably in the best position to know if someone is potentially dangerous to get help for them, get them evaluated, and get them placed in settings where they can be stabilized. We treat them as competent adults even when we know they are not.

I don't know about the US but in the UK there's a huge misunderstanding of mental and neurological Illnesses and not enough support at all. If more was available, perhaps worrying signs would be picked up sooner so that tragedies like this don't happen.

No offence meant but how are you going to tell they are a weirdo before they do something like this? You can't just go around locking up anyone who is autistic/depressed/OCD...or any group of people for that matter. You don't know how each individual will act, nor do you know at what stage an individual who has not been diagnosed with a mental or neurological illness will behave. You can't tell who might snap.

No but it's not the peaceful ones that do this either. There are always signs, it's just a matter of whether or not people are in denial about it or if they can even help. You can't do much with a mentally ill adult that doesn't want help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence