Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was the poster who cracked the posts by Stephen McDaniel (Lauren Giddings) at that site that can only be mentioned in the Parking Lot? Does anyone remember?

Timeline is that he entered a few minutes before 9:30 (from fact that first 911 call was at 9:30) Doors were not locked until 9:30 though according to notice published that the principal sent out. LE stated he entered forcibly, but he also stated do NOT assume he broke in through a window as LE broke many windows. I am thinking he came in before doors were locked

Just jumping off a post with the subject of the kids going back to school:

I agree letting the kids go back to the school for another reason because of regular classes. And if school is opened before Christmas break, I think it should be for grief counseling, non-curricular classes, and totally optional for those who aren't ready to go back. I think they should have a vigil/fundraiser to remodel the parts that this monster came through, where he hurt people. And for God's sake get rid of the glass right by the entrance. Just a thought, if the entrance was totally transformed, it may be easier to re-enter.
My heart breaks for thes families. And I can't seem to tear my crying eyes off the news channels. Sending God's blessings to all involved from WV.
OT but my little sister's daughter lives 400 feet from where that gas line blew the other day WV. It was pure terror for her running from it with her baby.

Thank you, Jjenny. I see your point. Totally respect that someone might simply be a collector. But it is a rather startling disconnect, when there is a person in the home, with a history of mental instability. I completely own up to speculating here... but when I see this kind of 'disconnect', I am not surprised, when there are a host of other signals or signs that were overlooked.

Timeline is that he entered a few minutes before 9:30 (from fact that first 911 call was at 9:30) Doors were not locked until 9:30 though according to notice published that the principal sent out. LE stated he entered forcibly, but he also stated do NOT assume he broke in through a window as LE broke many windows. I am thinking he came in before doors were locked

I"m thinking the "altercation" was him getting busted scoping out/lurking at the school.

I haven't caught up yet. Have they at least removed the kid's bodies yet, or are they still expected to be there awhile? Just curious. I know that no one can begin to heal even a tiny bit until that step occurs.

I saw a video last night of responding officers running full tilt toward the school. And it hit me...tiny community...first responders....how many of them had kids of their own in that school? Nieces, nephews, adult relatives that worked there? They knew what they were running into and they were trying to save the lives of their own friends and families. I don't want to consider whether any of them failed and whether any of them found their own children in those first minutes.

I thought a lot about this last night, and it came to mind that as heartless as it sounds, I would be one of the few parents that would have to know exactly what happened and exactly what my child went through. I would need to know if they stayed in their seat, if they were running away, if there was any indication that they knew what was coming or they were one of the lucky ones that was hit first and didn't have to try to process why that man was there and what he was doing. Not that I would be okay with their body being left in the school any longer than necessary, but if this is what LE had to do, I would accept it.

I thought about the school my son goes to, and their lockdown procedures. They suck. Not the school, the procedures. The theory is that anyone that arrives after 9 a.m. meets with locked doors, and there is only one door that has the button that you can push to be buzzed in. You are supposed to have to hit the button to be buzzed in. I can't tell you how many times I have just walked right in, or pushed the button while looking down at my phone or whatever, and been automatically buzzed in. All they could have seen of me from the camera angle was that I was female and blond. They buzzed me in anyway. The door is often left unlocked, and the gym doors to the outside are opened multiple times a day, including during the lunch hour and when deliveries are being made. During lunch, not only are the students served, but parents and family of staff can come in and buy a lunch and spend time with their kids during lunch. Security is almost nil during that time. The theory is that all visitors will report to the office, the theory is also that people won't want to shoot kids. If someone gets buzzed in or just walks in, the first room they come to is a locked janitorial room. The second and third rooms on opposite sides of the hall are the gym and the auditorium. There is maybe 20 feet between the front door and the gym, the auditorium is right across the hall. Before anyone could react, someone set on harm could be in the gym or auditorium, both of which are huge and wide open spaces. This is before they even reach the office. I know that nowhere is truly safe, and mass shootings happen everywhere, but they happen so much more often in schools, as of present time that we have to start focusing on the schools. FFS, we can use money to sponsor studies on everything including the mating calls of whales, methane production of cows, and hormone levels in pregnant mice that drink coffee, but we can't spare a couple hundred thousand dollars here and there to make sure that our kids are safe or at least safer?

Priorities. This country lost sight of them. And we're going to lose a lot more if we don't get them back.

This has been my experience at most schools in safe districts. Even when I'm working and visiting new schools where I am unknown.

I'm actually really impressed with our schools lock down procedure, but their daily patterns are... relaxed.

Like I said, though, these things are put into place to prevent abduction IMO. I don't think there are many schools in the US set up to prevent what happened here. They would be school turned prisons in order to provide that level of security.

There is a gun control topic on another thread. Please lets keep this thread to remember the victims.

Gun control can be discussed later, at a different time. Right now we need to focus on the families, teachers, law enforcement that are dealing with the loss of 25 lives. (And yes I know it is 26, but I am not counting the Perp in this.)
BBM
I believe it is 26 at the school not counting AL. Two more dead, AL and his mother, make to total 28.

New stories of horror and heroism surfaced today as the state and nation mourned the deaths of 20 children and six adults in the worst shooting at a primary school in U.S. history.
http://www.courant.com/news/connect...hook-school-shooting-20121214,0,5043872.story

Just heard that authorities have confirmed,there is no connection between AL's mother and the school. She never worked there. How do we even know her occupation is a teacher? Where did that come from?
I think he went there so maybe he was angry about something that happened when he was a student there.

He likely went to the school on Thursday as a reconnaissance mission and someone argued with him about getting off the school property. Ugh. Hindsight is 20/20, but imagine if they had called the police to check up on him.

Maybe he was doing a walkthrough of what he was gonna do. And maybe while doing that he was questioned by staff, and that was the altercation?

Do we know yet who was with the mother that was found deceased? Or was the 2nd body not true.

Oh No!
Say it isn't so!!!

Waiting on news!

LE Confirmed altercation between AL and staff at school. They are not releasing the cause yet. PER CNN

I think we are looking at a person with the same pathology as McDaniel. The only difference on the surface is that McDaniel was able to function on a high enough level to get into law school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine