Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those pictures of Emilie and Ana Grace are just killing me. :cry: :rose: :cry::rose:

Can you even imagine seeing 20 pictures of their classmates all in a row? I don't think I can bear it. The first responders must be out off their minds with grief and pain as well.

May the Lord have mercy on all of our souls, so much pain and grief for the world to work through ...

I know Emilie especially gets to me, being from Utah and resembling my daughter...
However, I want to make sure the focus stays on the victims... so hopefully tomorrow night we will have a whole line of them right here.

I am also encouraged by the heroic stories.
What guts it took for that 27 year old girl to tell the shooter that those kids weren't there.
If she had hidden with them, they might have all died.
However, since she had the courage to face him... her students survived.

Thank you, I added that last name and link.
It is important to me that we get all their information as correct as possible.

Ana Marquez-Greene, 6, and her older brother attended Linden Christian School in Linden Woods, before moving with their parents to Newtown in July and enrolling at Sandy Hook Elementary School in the fall. Both children were inside the school when the shooter opened fire.

Ana-Marquez-Greene.jpg

http://riehlworldview.com/2012/12/p...g-newtown-victims-also-grace-mcdonnell-6.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/1...cut-shooting_n_2304992.html?utm_hp_ref=canada

Also added... keep them coming.
I will go through tomorrow night and try and get a complete list.
That makes two victims that recently moved there. :(

There is always the possibility too that we aren't getting accurate information. So hopefully that'll be more clear tomorrow.

For some reason I was just rewatching and reading about Kip Kinkle, kind of the first mass shooter at a school, then I watched about Columbine on youtube. They had things in common. Things their parents could have found out.

I have a friend who says that as long as her kids of any age live in her house she has the right to search their property. Yes, she violates their privacy. (she thus learned her 17 year old son was having sex and was horrified, but made her husband have a "talk" with him about the responsibility he was taking on now, their morals, etc. ) If the parents of many potential mass killers spent a few minutes looking through their stuff, checking their computer histories, facebook pages, etc, they might learn a lot. My parents did it. Found my cigarettes. Put me on restriction.

I can't sleep tonight. I can't turn off the pictures in my brain. The ones I know that we are all experiencing. damn him. I'm sorry to use obscenities but just damn him. He had no right. If he was hurt/bullied/abused/didn't want to take his meds/whatever his motivation he had no right to do this.

Another little girl is named but I can't find a picture yet.

Grace McDonnell, 6 years old

McDonnell has been described as ’utterly adorable’ and ‘full of life’.

She had eyes that were so blue and hair that was so blonde that friends thought she looked like a ‘little doll’.
But now after she was shot dead in the mass slaying her parents are going through ‘indescribable’ pain, MailOnline has learned.

In another chilling twist Lynn McDonnell, 45, a housewife, and Christopher, 49, a business executive, live in a $500,000 detached home in Sandy Hook, Connecticut that is just one street away from where alleged shooter Adam Lanza lived.

http://cncnws.com/blog/2012/12/15/f...ll-and-ana-marquez-greene-both-aged-just-six/

I was out all day yesterday and didnt hear of this until about 230PM. Suddenly the world is a different place to me-I dont know how to explain it. In those moments before and after the world changed forever.

I have no words really-I wish time stood still yesterday morning before Mr Lanza even got out of bed.

Not wanting to be insensitive to anyone with Autistic kids, but I couldn't sleep either and was reading about violence in autistic adults. A percentage of males do spiral downward and lose any progress they made during high school years. If that happened with this guy, he should have had zero access to the guns, ever. I'm not going to be able to handle looking at pics of the little kids for quite some time..

The gun control debate will go on forever. I personally don't see much changing from it since both sides are so entrenched in their opinions.

I'm thinking that a step in the direction of preventing this from happening again might be to have the feds hire returning military (if they're looking for a job and are interested) to protect our schools.

Since 9/11, there have been military protecting the Stock Exchange on Wall Street, along with various other sites throughout the US. After 9/11, there were even military guarding the subways in NYC. Why not hire them to protect our very precious assets - our children? It would solve part of the unemployment problem and perhaps be a deterrent to further school crimes.

They are usually very bright but often lacking in empathy.

Since Autism is a spectrum disorder and there is a big difference for those who get intervention it's almost impossible to to state things like this even in a general sense. Also, since the brother here said 'autism or aspergers', it's important to note that aspergers will no longer be a dx in the DSM V as it has been decided that it's on the autism spectrum and shouldn't be stand alone dx....which is why people call it 'high functioning autism'.

My favourite little man on this earth (not my son) has autism and he has lot's of empathy. He also communicates well and keeps eye contact. If you spent 5-10 minutes with him on a good day, you probably wouldn't even know he had ASD.
At 7 yrs old he's not 'bright' academically, but he can tell you everything there is to know about spitfires and world war 2.
He has only ever physically harmed a person (his mum) during a meltown when she was trying to embrace him to calm him down.....there was absolutey no malice in it.

I'm only saying all of this because there is already so much stigma and lack of understanding with autism, and I would hate to think that a tragedy like this would make even one peson think that people with autism are dangerous.

JMO

The gun control debate will go on forever. I personally don't see much changing from it since both sides are so entrenched in their opinions.

I'm thinking that a step in the direction of preventing this from happening again might be to have the feds hire returning military (if they're looking for a job and are interested) to protect our schools.

Since 9/11, there have been military protecting the Stock Exchange on Wall Street, along with various other sites throughout the US. After 9/11, there were even military guarding the subways in NYC. Why not hire them to protect our very precious assets - our children? It would solve part of the unemployment problem and perhaps be a deterrent to further school crimes.

I agree, and good example. I was on Wall Street just a few months ago, the police are everywhere and armed to the teeth, there are vans full of police officers, special concrete pillars that prevent cars from parking close enough to any building where bombs could be detonated, and constant patrolling...we need to do this for our children.

The problem is this type of crime doesn't just happen at schools. We had mall shootings, movie theater shootings, shootings at places of worship, etc etc etc

A little 9 year old girl lost her life outside the supermarket when a deranged guman wanted to assisinate Gabrielle Giffords.

The solution is not that simple, imo

I saw a quote from a police chief-to paraphrase, he stated that if the feds can fund a study including cows and methane gas, they can pass laws and budget money to protect our schools.

It is up to us as a society to show where our priorities are. I do think it is just that simple. I think we should find our representatives and let them know in writing or by phone what our thoughts are regarding this. We have marshals on air planes just in case. The time to talk is now-if gun control is at a stale mate, fine. Everyone can get behind creating safety for our children. Enough already. We treat them as if they are disposable. We see it every day on this board.

jmvho.

More photos of little Emilie Parker here and her family. :(

https://www.facebook.com/EmilieParkerFund

Gosh, I know it's early days yet, but do you think the city (or the president) will step up and support the funerals? I would pray they wouldn't hold the family responsible for all the costs. I just pray that all families don't have to try to solicit funds to bury a child they shouldn't have to bury in the first place. They certainly don't need the added stress on top of what they went through yesterday.

Can you imagine having to bury your child after some psycho killed them, then getting a 5K bill for funeral expenses. Something else has to happen here. I pray the City, State, or Government steps up to the plate for these families.

MOO

Mel

FRESNO, Calif. (KMPH) -
The Dean of the California School of Forensic Studies says killing young children in a school is extremely rare.

Dr. Eric Hickey is considered an expert in the study of mass killings. "Usually when people do mass murders at least half of them suffer from a mental illness, some form of mental illness. They tend to go off and just do these random attacks."

We may never know what prompted the 20-year-old shooter to go crazy with a gun at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Dr. Eric Hickey has written a number of books about serial murders and their victims. He was shocked to hear the gunman preyed on such young children. "He picked a target that he knew could not get away. Little children, 5 year olds what could they do? They wouldn't know what to do."

Hickey has studied school shootings in the U.S. from 1966 to 2011. What stands out the most is the figure for elementary schools. In the past 45 years only 14 students have been killed on campus. Friday that figure nearly doubled as 20 students were gunned down.

http://www.kmph-kfre.com/story/20350464/expert-surprised-newtown-gunman-preyed-on-little-children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass