Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Laura08, for posting that article by Dr. Michael Stone.
I am riveted to my seat, by that one line, “Jealousy is a subtype of paranoia,” Stone says. Very interesting, indeed. I totally get that.

Whatever the motive is it's not going to make sense. I mean we are not going to sit back and think hmmm ok, I understand now and that does make sense.

^ I think it's possible that she was 100% responsible in her own gun ownership. I think what people are asking is was it wise of her to keep her gun collection at ALL while she lived with AL as he clearly had some mental issues .. and considering what has occurred the answer to that question is NO.

Of course however, it is easy to have 20/20 vision in hindsight.

IMO ITS JUST A FLAT OUT NO GO TO HAVE THE GUNS IN THE HOME WITH SOMEONE LIVING IN THE HOME THAT SUFFERS FROM SEVERE MENTAL INSTABILITY, PERIOD, for me personally that is... but I can see someone in their own personal opinion believing that they are able to successfully do so..someone who is very much an avid collector who openly expresses their enjoyment in having and shooting their collection of guns..IMO I see it as possible that someone had a false sense of security and control of the situation in keeping them under lock and key..

My very own personal opinion is without doubt that it flat out is not going to be an available possibility, period.. but IMO I believe this mom for whatever reasons found it not to be a danger to her son, herself, or others especially due to the fact that in this case specifically it goes so far past just keeping the gun collection in the home..by far surpassing that issue is the fact that mom was actually taking the mentally unstable son with her to the range and even allowing him to shoot the guns...

IMO she for whatever reasons felt that none of this was in any dangerous whereas I see it as not only just playing with fire...but IMO in a very real way that we saw come to full fruition yesterday IMO this mom completely unknowingly taught her son to do what it is he went into that elementary school yesterday and did..

IMO none of that should have ever been available to this unstable individual..not the introduction of firearms..not the knowledge and know-how, not the intimate knowledge that comes with range shooting firearms, and certainly not ever, ever in a million years ever had even the most remote chance of access to firearms/ammo.. IMOO NONE OF THAT SHOULD HAVE EVER BEEN A PART OF THIS INDIVIDUAL'S LIFE..JMO.

MOO(which means less than a hill of beans) at this moment in time with so very little known I believe that quite likely as some have mentioned there were no previous, outward signs of violent tendencies(which I'm assuming means even towards himself).. and if that's the case I can definitely see that someone may feel they have made more than sufficient safety precautions..

of course hindsights 20/20 and its what is ALWAYS THE PREMISE UNDER WHICH WE WORK HERE(after the fact).. and maybe I too would feel different if I found myself to be the mom to a severely mentally unstable son..but I personally just do not believe that under any circumstance that for an adult mentally unstable individual it would be a mentally healthy extracurricular activity to have in the home my arsenal and take them with me to the shooting range along with my arsenal of guns(and I am avid range shooter)..all jmo, tho and nada damn thing more.

Schizophrenics, Paranoids, and even bi-Polar sufferers don't need a motive. So I'm not quite sure I understand. People can be flat out mentally ill; and motives don't come into play at all.

Rational, stable, sane people work off of motives.

The personality disorder this killer suffered with very likely was Schizotypal Personality Disorder (which is somewhat similar to schizophrenia). People with schizotypal personality disorder can have odd beliefs and behaviors, but they are not completely disconnected from reality and usually do not hallucinate.

Swiss psychiatrist Eugen Bleuler, who coined the terms “schizophrenia” and “autism” a century ago, viewed autism as a form of solitude and schizophrenia as an extreme form of autism representing withdrawal from reality.

Multiple recent studies, from a variety of perspectives, suggest there are overlapping causes of autism and schizophrenia. While it easier to demarcate these two disorders at the extremes, it’s becoming increasingly difficult dissociating milder forms of both disorders from each other.
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com...for-new-measures-of-aspergers-and-schizotypy/

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

Oh no Izzy, not at all, I'm sorry you thought that. My comment landed at random and wasn't directed at you at all or anyone in particular. I'm just bothered that the media refers to him as the shooter when in fact he is a killer. Sorry you thought that I was directing my frustration at you.

No worries. I understand. Hugs. It just landed so soon after my post that I assumed and I shouldn't have.

That is exactly what this sad case will turn out to be. People want to know why (myself included) but we'll find out that there is no rhyme or reason for this massacre. Just like the Norway shooter/killer whose apparent motive was political but yet he went to a summer camp and shot hundreds of teenagers.

The Movie Theater shooter.....again, we'll find out there was no motive that would make any sense to any of us because we just don't understand what is going on in their heads. It may make sense to them but it never will to us.

IMO

I agree I wouldn't be surprised if he did not have ties to the school period. He was going to kill regardless. I know for sure I never undertand it when these things happen, they usuallhave similar traits and they are the only ones who know why they did it your right.. The Doctor in the article spoke well but even after speaking to over 200 mass murderers he still couldnt really say specifically why they did that just that they usually have similar traits. I don't think he had dealings with anyone in that school, it was overkill and those little babies could have never did anything wrong to him they were way to young to have any dealings with him.

The picture (black and white one) makes him look like a model for the infamous painting "Scream".
My heart dropped when I saw this picture of him. He nearly does not look human.
I can only hope that these little ones did not know what was happening and were not scared out of their wits, by what stood in front of them.
I could not be a first responder to this scene, without losing it.
God Bless, the men and women who faced this real life horror. I pray for them as well.
Side note: Hubby and I were into watching "American Horror Story" a well done spoof on past histories of notable crimes.
We cannot watch this show at this time. Maybe never again.
I am sure,we will not be the only ones.
IMO, the producers and network were walking a very fine line.
This, real life American Horror story-puts anything their writers, dreamed up-over the line.
What horror would kill over two dozen people, with over half of them 6 + 7 year olds?
> I do think that it would be interesting to know, If Adam and/or his Mother watched this show.
I certainly am not saying it's the shows fault. However, I can see, that if you are mentally Ill, watching this show, could make a mentally Ill person go over the edge, to create an even worse scenario then what they've seen on screen. IMO
Besides this show, If he did watch it. I do wonder, What Adam was allowed to watch and listen to?
If he was given free reign, or if Mom, monitored his watching and or listening of media?
I for one cannot even begin to understand. Having a mentally I'll child.
Some of our members here, do deal with this on a daily basis.
Longest post I've ever written. Hopefully my last Long post.
I, have had a 6 and a 7 year old.
No matter the ages,
I am not going to try to explain these parent's feelings.
I can see anger.
I can see revenge. But, their cannot be revenge, because he is dead.
Coward. Oh,, one more thing. What a complete waste of a human being.
Why did Mom, protect him?

Yup, She is a victim, But she knew More then anyone, how screwed up he was.
There is a lot of information.
That we do not know
What we do know,is that this Adam Dude was a complete freak.
So far,
He started out his day with shooting his Mother in the face. Not sure yet, if that is what killed her-but probably so.

QUOTE=passionflower;8643204]IMO, all the pictures of AL shows that he had sanpaku eyes.[/QUOTE]

IMO by his actions - he exhibited that he knew right from wrong, regardless of any "condition" that he suffered from. He wore a bulletproof vest - he didn't want to be shot or killed - yet he might had suffered from a condition where he actually felt no pain. IMO whatever his reason was - he had one. He knew what he was going to do and he did it - horrific as it was. He knew what he had done was wrong - he killed himself. This was a selfish, cowardly act - but done by someone that knew right from wrong.

JMHO

Regarding Mental Illness vs. Autism:

(Sanjay) Gupta said. "And second of all, if you look at the studies pretty closely, what you'll find is that while there is a possibility of more outbursts, this sort of reactive violence, the idea of planned violence, where someone actually plans out something, that just doesn't correlate."

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/12/15/sandy-hook-shooting-gupta-mental-illness

Im thinking it is Aspergers Syndrome, which is similar to Austism. I have worked with children in the past who have been diagnosed with Aspergers. They are usually first diagnosed around the ages of 3-6.

Children with aspergers have symptoms such as,
Social Skills problems (we have heard that AL had no friends and did not socialize well with others)
Unusual rituals (he dressed in button up shirts wearing a pocket protector and carried a black briefcase)
Communication problems (he did not make eye contact with others or speak to others)
Limited range of interests or obsession with certain interests (Im thinking of guns and violent video games)
Coordination problem (Im thinking back to the article that stated his classmates had to be careful because he fell alot and could get hurt)
Skill or talent that they excell in (academics comes to mind as AL was very intelligent)
People with Aspergers are at risk of developing schizophrenia or OCD

Im really wondering if he had planned and targeted these innocent individuals. Was it the gr 1 class because that was the age he was diagnosed and his problems began (in his eyes). Was the school psychologist targeted because she was the one that was helping to treat him. Was the special ed teacher targeted as she was the one that helped to get him diagnosed. hmmmm

Schizophrenics, Paranoids, and even bi-Polar sufferers don't need a motive. So I'm not quite sure I understand. People can be flat out mentally ill; and motives don't come into play at all.

Rational, stable, sane people work off of motives.

Well, maybe 'motive' might not be as appropriate as the word "trigger". There seems to be something that triggers these individuals, to act.

This is heartbreaking. What a horrific way to live.Last year I saw a show about childhood schizophrenia,wish I remember more about it,but I believe there is a treatment facility somewhere here in the US that is having alot of success. Does anyone else remember seeing this show. Could have been like on 20/20.

I agree I wouldn't be surprised if he did not have ties to the school period. He was going to kill regardless. I know for sure I never undertand it when these things happen, they usuallhave similar traits and they are the only ones who know why they did it your right.. The Doctor in the article spoke well but even after speaking to over 200 mass murderers he still couldnt really say specifically why they did that just that they usually have similar traits. I don't think he had dealings with anyone in that school, it was overkill and those little babies could have never did anything wrong to him they were way to young to have any dealings with him.

I can guarantee you that there could be 10 mental health professionals in one room with 10 differing diagnosis of this shooter.

I think we will all agree that he had some mental illness and in my unprofessional opinion, schizophrenia/paranoia is the one that makes most sense.

The little children were no threat to him physically but in his mental state of delusion, they were his biggest threat enough so to kill 20.

I thought I would share this with everyone to give us all a little inspitation. Two weeks ago tonight, 2 of my son's classmates were killed in a car accident. It was all over the news,even national and very tragic for our community. The mother of one of the boys is blogging to help her through. Todays blog she shares some personal things, you can skip through if you want,but she describes a vision she had in relation to the poor children of Sandy Hook. I don't know this woman personally,but I know from other people she is a great woman of faith,and I pray her vision and the message she was given is real and can provide comfort to us all.

http://chrisstewart69.blogspot.com/

Thank you for sharing, that was beautiful.

I found this today ... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1443253687272.60159.1411016230&type=1&theater

IMO by his actions - he exhibited that he knew right from wrong, regardless of any "condition" that he suffered from. He wore a bulletproof vest - he didn't want to be shot or killed - yet he might had suffered from a condition where he actually felt no pain. IMO whatever his reason was - he had one. He knew what he was going to do and he did it - horrific as it was. He knew what he had done was wrong - he killed himself. This was a selfish, cowardly act - but done by someone that knew right from wrong.

JMHO

The bolded line above makes me think that he was a character in one of his video games that he was trying to win.

Just my opinion, but anyone who can not form social ties, feel empathy, talk, has tantrums, but is smart and has use of their limbs should never be exposed to guns, violent video games, or try to be coaxed into being normal when they are not. If they are adult and begin attacking family they should be placed under supervision.

Continuing my thoughts on motive...
AL murdered 20 children; one for each year of his life. A life he endured with profound fear and anxiety. A life that he felt would have been different, had he been diagnosed and given proper therapy, when he entered school at age 5.
We are told, that AL was a very bright person. Extraordinarily so. You think the number of children he killed, is a coincidence? I don't think so. The number of adults murdered = collateral damage in his head. Definitely made a statement. (speculating of course).

All day I have been questioning why he did such an overkill on the children making sure they were not only wounded but to make sure each child was dead (although two did die in the hospital) by shooting each one several times. I went back and looked at other mass school shootings, and they all had many wounded and none of these murderers seemed to do such an overkill on the targets, they shot and moved on to the next target. In this case there is only one wounded, and that is an adult, that I believe was shot because she was in the way of getting to his targets, the children. None of this makes sense to me, but it is especially disturbing to me that he did such an overkill on the children.

Whatever the motive is it's not going to make sense. I mean we are not going to sit back and think hmmm ok, I understand now and that does make sense.

No it won't, but maybe somehow we can get a glimpse of whatever internal logic made him do this, even if it doesn't make sense to us as rational people.

ETA: It doesn't have to make sense to us, but I think a lot of people would like to understand how it made sense to HIM.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...nlike-serial-killers-are-hard-to-profile.html

Interesting article.

Dr. Michael Stone has examined the minds of more than 200 mass murderers. He talks to Lizzie Crocker about the difficulties of diagnosing these killers

Stone said, adding that 96.5 percent of mass murderers are male, and a majority aren’t clinically psychotic. Rather, they suffer from paranoia and often have acute behavioral or personality disorders

BBM. This fact bears repeating, but as far as I am aware rarely enters the discussion.

Why is this the case?

And related, why do serial killers, with a few notable exceptions, target females?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member