Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phony yes. It's all superficial IMHO. Yes very "snobby". My personal observation. New paradigm? Yep, for all of us. JMHO.

Wow! :-(

Although I was born in eastern CT- and lived in other states for a while, I have lived in fairfield country since 1984. It has has a varied population. It would surprise you- given the fact that "The Stepford Wives" was written about and filmed in - Darien there is a store there the good wives market) and - the more recent film -in: Wilton ( i think) I believe. Fairfield County represents very interesting and diverse population statics.

Stepford is supposed to represent empty headed suburbanite women whose brains get sucked out and they are replaced by empty body shells.

With that said Ct- fairfield county has this real wealthy " waspy" reputations. (imus called its Whiteport )but - fairfield county also includes cities like Stamford- Norwalk- Bridgeport- and Danbury - very heterogeneous working class and immigrant filled and MAJOR GANG and urban inner city areas. In addition interspersed a acres of little old fashioned yankee farms too. I have taught every type and age in my classes. People who have no food or clothes & people who own houses and airplanes . ( some of the snobbiest people not necessarily in the richest schools either)Yes there are- incredible estates- incredible wealth. There also is a lot of poverty and modern urban issues. How does this all relate to Newtown ?

Newtown is one of the farthest towns in fairfield county, not quite commutable to NYC. - but I would hardly call it..."the epitome of stepford" or that affluent either ( in comparison to: Westport Weston, Darien, New Canaan, Wilton, Redding,Ridgefield, and parts of Greenwich and Fairfield not all. The cities -These all like Newtown have the so called " better school systems" or the reputation for good SPecial Ed Services. if they are pushy not to say they are "Stepford" this is a key piece.

possible connection IMO these special ed services are organized by school psychologists. Although IMO you can and should have your child's psych and cognitive testing done privately-and then shared with school ( sometimes people simply cannot afford it and/ or feel they have more leverage with the school if they have school do testing they get more services)

In CT school psychologists also do student Diagnostic testing. School psychologists keep the student files and organize the short and long term academic plans for the students.) In CT school psychologists like that one murdered there Friday, actually give those tests the Sanford- Binet and the WISC tests and The ADD ADHD inventory tests etc.

What services the student receives depends on so many pieces and choices and everyone's acceptance and compliance. It is a very scary proposition. all the way around in this case.

And the other thing??? In CT - once they are 18 they have no requirement to report and or share any special ed services they have previously received. MAny parents feel like they have had enough and let their students " fly" alone after many years of significant help ( aka SPED). If they are in college they could get alot of help if they identify but they do not often )So there are many young adults out there who need more help and they are out there in their 20s armed and dangerous.

IMHO every single gunman shooter 's family has a requirements to share it all tell us now. Let us study the dots and connect them scientifically.

JMO

I have a question, Ryan states he has not seen his brother since 2010,
So how did Adam get his ID? What ID did he have?
Could it have been Ryan's CT ID? Ryan would have needed to get a NJ ID once he moved, maybe this was his old CT one?

We all seem to recognise that crimes are common. However, we simultaneously believe that “it can’t happen to me”. In our day-to-day existence we operate on the basis of an illusion of invulnerability, overestimating the likelihood of experiencing positive outcomes in life and underestimating the likelihood of experiencing negative events. Janoff-Bulman suggests we make sense of our world by regarding what happens as controllable. We believe we can prevent misfortune by engaging in sufficiently cautious behaviours, and that we are protected against misfortune by being good and worthy people." (Janoff-Bulman 1985b, pp. 19-20)

Victimization challenges the basic beliefs that: a. The world is benevolent, b. The world is meaningful, and c. The self is worthy. (Janoff-Bulman, 1992)

http://www.ibiblio.org/rcip/invuln.html

Oh come on. Your link is just a metaphor the CDC uses to teach kids how to safely act when a new disease begins to spread - like the bird flu, etc. It's meant to capitalize on the popularity of fictional stories about zombies so that kids will be willing to read/watch it and learn something about safety during pandemics.

That is NOT what "zombie apocalypse" means at all.

Zombie apocalypse is a popular fictional fantasy theme in which there is an apocalypse that results in the dead coming back to life, or live people becoming zombies, such as in Night of the Living Dead. It is a fad theme in fiction right now, just like vampires or young-adult themed dystopia novels.

Yeah I know. Interesting to find out how many kids believe there are zombies or vampires. Wonder if the shooter believed in them?

Appealing to irrational fears to teach a lesson seems a little strange to me. They are scary movies and themes. They scare adults and children no matter how much you tell yourself they are not real. It is gross stuff.

I just want to say, there is so much more here than meets the eye.

It is VERY emotional.
It's Christmas time.

Let's all step back, gather ourselves, before we move forward.
In other words, let's get a grip.

Best,
BH xo

Attention Please!

We've already posted that we do not want to turn discussion of this horrific crime into a gun control issue. We've opened a thread on this subject in the private sector and would appreciate you taking further gun control discussion to that thread.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Websleuths does not normally allow links to donation sites without being approved directly by the owners, Tricia and SoSueMe. Please note that Websleuths has not vetted any of the numerous sites and groups collecting donations for victims of this crime," nor do we endorse any of them. We have no idea as to the legitimacy and recommend members do their own due diligence before donating."

Websleuths is a victim friendly site. I'd like to remind you that all murdered people in this unthinkable crime are victims. All of the deceased from yesterday's tragedy, other than the shooter, are victims. None of these victims are responsible for what happened yesterday, EXCEPT the shooter. Please post accordingly.

TIA for your cooperation,
fran

Looks like we need to bump this.

In addition to the above, please STOP the conspiracy theory stuff. This is neither the time nor place for that. Now I have to go back and delete some posts. That is, unless you can get to your post first and self-edit.

There is already enough bogus news that's been given out by MSM, let's not add fuel to the fire.

TIA for your cooperation
fran

Wow, my screen just went to some kind of MySpace page then changed back to this one on it's own.

This is off topic of the current course of discussion, I woke up this morning to this and thought it was a very compelling article from a mom who wants to open up national discussion on mental health.

http://anarchistsoccermom.blogspot.com/2012/12/thinking-unthinkable.html

If it has been posted already, my apologies~

I read that horror story and now I am angry - angry! I have a grandson like that. The way he got that way was NO discipline, no one would stop the two year old. They were afraid if they disciplined him, he would hate them. They did nothing but threaten, drive him to the police station, tell him he wouldn't get what they had PROMISED, then give it to him anyway.

Yeah, my grandson has asperbergers. He ended up locked up for a while, through some lies by the school, if my daugher can be believed, which I don't believe she can. THEY were horrible parents, no discipline until it was much too late, empty threats, horrific rides to jail, horrific incarceration when he was older.

Damn, I could go on, but I don't need a time out right now.

I just want to say, do NOT believe everything you read, don't take it as truth, in fact, you can't believe much of what you hear, just what you read in the records.

I am so angry right now - my own grandson went through this - did I meantion ADHD, medication where he couldn't eat and sweated out his life force? Damn, and double damn, folks, do not believe everything you read - usually there is a very good reason.

Finally, I'm done ranting, but yes, and double yes, we need a discussion on mental health, but not just here, where no one really cares, we need to make some REAL changes.

Yeah I know. Interesting to find out how many kids believe there are zombies or vampires. Wonder if the shooter believed in them?

Appealing to irrational fears to teach a lesson seems a little strange to me. They are scary movies and themes. They scare adults and children no matter how much you tell yourself they are not real. It is gross stuff.

Indeed. I question the wisdom of the CDC on their approach.

Seems to me that the irrational fears are a symptom of some real national health issues.

MOO

Oh, sorry, I thought you thought that was the source of the phrase. :blushing:

In my experience kids aren't afraid of a zombie apocalypse. It's not a horror story to them but an interesting thriller. Like vampires, the story line has been sanitized to take the true horror out, and replace it with a romanticized "thrill" of something threatening but not real...

My teenager thinks "They're coming to get you Barbara" is a funny thing to say when his grandparents ring the doorbell, for instance - though back in the day when I saw the movie I was terrified by that. Shrug.

The case in Connecticut reminds me of how my relatives in Israel always put guns in locked safe, because even healthy children can cause an accident. but when they have a Mental Disability the guns MUST be placed in a lock up... NO homes with guns should ever be accessible to anyone, they should be in a lock up, to be taken out if you go to a shooting range. One gun is all you need assembled all the others are not assembled that is called responsibility in my book.

This case is a heart wrencher... I only want to know the names of the angels we lost.
I read enough, and watched the news enough.
I keep the names near me so when I pray so I can look at it, they deserve for us to immortalize them.
I am never immortalizing another shooter, don’t care to remember his name.
I do not need to know any more. I have to regain my own sanity.

Wow, my screen just went to some kind of MySpace page then changed back to this one on it's own.

Happens around here, but rest assured there ain't no viruses or anything of that sort.

Toward the bottom of the DM article here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...us-turned-heartless-killer.html#ixzz2FBi8lE9X

The world's not ending Friday as

1. The world's just not going to end Friday
2. The Mayans never "prophesied" the world was ending Friday

I do feel sympathy for those caught up in the paranoid lifestyle; sympathy, but no empathy. Beliefs like this only offer an excuse for narcissistic exercises in personal calamity which eventually may spill over and affect quality of life.
Here's NASA's pre-release for 12-22-2012
Why the World Didn't End Yesterday:
http://youtu.be/QY_Gc1bF8ds
:floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh:

Oh, sorry, I thought you thought that was the source of the phrase. :blushing:

In my experience kids aren't afraid of a zombie apocalypse. It's not a horror story to them but an interesting thriller. Like vampires, the story line has been sanitized to take the true horror out, and replace it with a romanticized "thrill" of something threatening but not real...

My teenager thinks "They're coming to get you Barbara" is a funny thing to say when his grandparents ring the doorbell, for instance - though back in the day when I saw the movie I was terrified by that. Shrug.

I watched the zombies twice, it is violent and disgusting... It freaked me out.
I will never watch it again. NO IT IS NOT FUNNY at all. :(
Some of my adult friend DO like it. But I never allow my grand kids to watch that
NOT EVER.

Heads up....not sure if already posted BUT.....presser planned for 11:00 AM EST

I think we are all better off focusing on the words of Robbie Parker, father of Emile Parker killed in the shooting.

Among the things Robbie Parker had to say about how the family is dealing with the loss of Emilie, he told those gathered:

“Let it [be] something that inspires us to be better, to be more compassionate and humble people. Let us please keep the sentiments of love that we feel for our families, and the compassion that we feel for others– even complete strangers– and keep them with us at all times, not just in times of sorrow and tragedy. And may we do this so that we can better all of our communities, and all of our cities and all our states, so we can make everyone, everywhere in this country feel safe.”

I am 19 pages behind so please forgive me if this has already been said:

This is just speculation but is it just a coincidence that Adam was 6 when he moved to this area, and most of the victims were also that age? Could it be that he was in 1st grade when he started at this school and that's why he primarily targeted that grade? I wonder if the move was a turning point in his life somehow.

Again this is JMO and could very well mean nothing.

I am curious to know exactly when victim, Nancy died. How long prior to the school massacre, and what precipitated her killing. Was it always the plan? Why the school? Why that classroom?

These questions interest me.

Quester, the photo in your post (#432) shows a such a beautifully, idyllic little town. Is that Newtown? Such a stark contrast to the news photos of the school. Thank you for posting the pic.

Again, my heart goes out to all the victims and families.........

That is where my focus lies right now. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member