Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridgefield is another beautiful sleepy town. Nothing much there but beautiful homes and lots and lots of woods
WTHN has the lockdown alert scrolling across the tv. Ridgefield police are saying this is a precautionary measure.

Precautionary as it may be.. there are kids now in those schools that are utterly terrified. I just can't imagine.

Precautionary as it may be.. there are kids now in those schools that are utterly terrified. I just can't imagine.

Better safe than sorry. I am very glad to see people are on the alert for anyone or anything that seems suspicious. Unfortunately there is always the possibility of copy cats.

Better safe than sorry. I am very glad to see people are on the alert for anyone or anything that seems suspicious. Unfortunately there is always the possibility of copy cats.

Oh, I totally agree about the better safe than sorry. My heart grew so heavy thinking of the fear they must be feeling.

I keep reading that he was goth, but every picture I've seen it looks like he wore whatever mom bought. Blue polos, button down shirts, etc. Even the picture of him in school with his technology club he looks decidedly less concerned about what he is wearing than everyone else in the picture.

It seems from most accounts that he was extremely shy,introverted, socially inept and just different; people were fearful for him not of him. He would be a target for bullying and I am assuming the mother operated in protective mode.

I have not read of any indicator that this boy was the least bit violent and, imo, he was apparently bottling up for the ultimate acting out. I am not sure what could have been done in advance because , from what we know so far, this was not predictable.

I don't think there is anyone that saw anything like this or even remotely close to this coming.What a tragedy.
This is what I'm piecing together too. I really think everyone was on protective mode, I'm not sure it occurred to anyone that he might be outwardly dangerous.

I keep reading that he was goth, but every picture I've seen it looks like he wore whatever mom bought. Blue polos, button down shirts, etc. Even the picture of him in school with his technology club he looks decidedly less concerned about what he is wearing than everyone else in the picture.

His manner of dress looks so much like my son and most of his friends. Especially the skateboarders. Yarn hats, khakis. Even his hair, most of my son's friends wear the shaggier hairstyles.

Seeing the pics of the shooter kind of hits me in a way I wasn't expecting.

Only his father, stepmother and brother and other close relatives can speak to what if any mental health issues he had, what his state of mind was the last time they saw him, what kind of relationship he had with his mother, everything else will be pure speculation until they speak if they ever choose to go public,as it appears he was not close to anybody else in the period preceeding his death

they appear to be helping LE build up a picture of Adam and if that is all they choose to do then that is enough, if they choose to remain private and not give interviews then that right should be respected and they should be left alone to come to terms with their own loss and begin to live with the knowledge that Adam shot and murdered his own mother, 20 beautiful children and 6 adults, and has damaged beyond measure all the survivors, the victims family and a whole community and country,

I weep for the dead and the families who grieve,my heart goes out to Adams father and brother who will live with this stain forever,

I hope as a country America takes a look at herself, and re examines gun laws, how the mentally ill are treated, and all and everything that may contribute to why some decide to act this way,

BBM: maybe the motive?
From my understanding the Dad and brother have not seen Adam for quite a long time. Reports say Mom bragged up Ryan all the time, but never mentioned Adam...

BBM: maybe the motive?
From my understanding the Dad and brother have not seen Adam for quite a long time. Reports say Mom bragged up Ryan all the time, but never mentioned Adam...

Not reports. One person said she talked about Ryan but not Adam. But plenty of other people say she did talk about Adam.

I think I read he always wore shirts that were too big for him and he looks like that in the photo.

His only memory of the 20--year-old Lanza was the bizarre way he dressed - always in button-down shirts that were too big for him. He also usually had pens in his shirt pocket and usually carried a black leather briefcase

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oolboy-home-schooled-loner.html#ixzz2FKDWzHh5
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Some Asperger people have sensory integration problems and freak out in certain kinds of clothing. If they perceive the materials as itchy or too tight or otherwise uncomfortable and they may have just a few types of clothing they feel comfortable in. I wonder if there was any of that in his choice of fashions.

For me the puzzle pieces are coming together.
The fact that he chose a school and such babies is very telling, IMO. These angels represent the ultimate in defenseless targets that would make him feel powerful, for once, on a school campus or anywhere. One profile of this type of killer is that they don't know their targets personally- but they represent the source of his troubles and this is a revenge of sorts. They were happy children that belonged and fit in- everything he wasn't and didn't and this was a deep rage. It takes a lot of rage to shoot a child, let alone many children multiple times while there is nothing they can do to protect themselves.

IMO, his school life was a misery because he did not seem to like to be around people in the first place and then to not conform to any student population is never easy. I think he had a fire building in his belly for a long time and the unknown for me is what set him off for this day.

I know it is impossible to make sense of the senseless-but I have a feeling at the end of the day when all the information is in- AL will fit the profile to a tee.

JMHO of course.

I believe I saw a link to an article that the shooter seemingly got worse following the divorce of his parents. I understand this. My parents divorced when I was an adolescent and it affected every facet of my life. My grades went down. I acted out for attention or withdrew when I often felt like I hated the world. There's so much more, but you get the point.

Has there been any news as to whether or not his mother had met a new man? I only ask because, when my own mother had a new boyfriend come into her life, my behavior problems became worse ten-fold.

Note: This is just an inquiry and I've seen no indication that NL had a new man in her life. JMO and all that stuff.

The View is on here on the eastcoast. Chris Como is back from Newtown and will be on the show...also a forensic psychiatrist trying to give us a glimps into the mind of the shooter.

Maybe his wide-eyed intense stare (bulging eyes?) was a sign of psychosis and should have been a red flag that he needed an immediate mental health evaluation and medication? Maybe his sunken face was a sign that he was not eaten or caring for himself which should have been a red flag that he needed a mental health evaluation medication?

Personally, I don't see how anyone can even think that AL was not mentally ill and that his illness/derangement was not behind his actions. Not all people who commit these acts are mentally ill, in my opinion, but to me, it sounds fairly certain that AL was. The fact that he planned his actions does not take away the certainty (for me) that his brain did not work properly. His age, his appearance, what we have heard, etc. all add up to severe mental and/or emotional issues and very possibly schizophrenia. If so, who knows what voices he was hearing and what they were telling him to do.

I am not "excusing" what he did; but I do believe there are some people who are not able to control their actions and impulses and are "guided" by forces we can't comprehend. I have a brother who underwent a severe personality change at about age 18, manifested by OCD that became increasingly worse until he could no longer leave the house. We believe something happened when he went away to college for a semester after high school that could have been a trigger, but no idea what it was, if so. He hears voices, but in his case, they tell him to shower, and to clean, and to avoid germs and meat and anything anyone has handled. He is in his 40's now. He has never taken meds because he is unable to see a doctor. Perhaps because his environment has been controlled, his thoughts have not escalated into any defensive or violent arena. He also has a "Rainman" brain, in that he has absolute recall of any sporting event score going back decades. So I can see how AL would have had success in courses where memorizing data would be vital.

Sorry for the long post...I only meant to say that I am convinced that AL had a severe form of mental illness, either untreated or not treated in a productive way and that it has had hideously tragic results.

Also from that article:

An explanation still hasn't emerged for why Lanza killed the 26 people at Sandy Hook, but Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy opened a window for speculation when he told NBC News on Sunday that it appeared that Lanza attended the school as a youngster. Earlier reports that his mother, Nancy, may have taught there haven't borne out.

"He attended there — that's what I'm led to believe," Malloy said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18