Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other sources claims she was looking for a college for him. So which one was it? Locked away or going to college? I am not sure people who are interviewed and provide this insight know much of anything at all.

Interesting quote from one of Nancy's friends:

“He wanted to go back to school, so they were looking at colleges all over the country, looking for an ideal environment for him,” he said. “… He wanted to become more socialized. He didn’t want to stay trapped in his home the rest of his life.”

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_new...-school-gunman-adam-lanza-and-his-mother?lite

I just wonder if there are records of buying those tickets and if the people at her favorite bar noticed her being away a lot.
Some people keep up appearances on FB.

I agree with the "keeping up appearances". Her bank and credit card statements will be telling.

I know zero about gaming but I looked up in google the Alchemy Community (World of Warcraft) and found that in playing these games you have either a profession or you have to reach a profession. Well two of the professions are engineering and cooking. Havent we heard out in the news from some who "knew" him that he wanted to be an engineer and his mom was teaching him how to cook? Any of you gamers know how you reach these professions in the game? I have no point I just find coincidence odd.

Pretty much every MMO has those crafts.

You collect items and synth them to create new items. Ex: Collect flour, eggs, water, make bread.

I don't think it has any connection at all.

It's also not necessary to have any of those crafts to play the game.

Has it even been reported anywhere that he played WOW?

IF she was planning on having him committed, it could have been b.c she had MS and knew it was not much longer she could care for him. He may not have been easy to handle all the time, and she would know more about her health and her future, and his. She was just planning ahead.

I can see that sending him off the deep end though. Especially if he over heard, was talked to about it, or just found it on her computer. He would lose her and any freedom.

And rifle is not a big gun? Seriously? Bushmaster .22 is what he used in school. Why is .22 rifle not a big gun, but Bushmaster .22 rifle is?

Not them same weapon at all.
At 18 he could legally own a .22 rifle for hunting in CT.

Who can own a shotgun or rifle in Connecticut?
You must be 18-years old to purchase a rifle or shotgun. No permits are required to purchase or carry these guns, however there is a 2-week waiting period from the date of purchase to the time you receive your gun.

http://statelaws.net/Connecticut-Gun-Laws.php

Not them same weapon at all.
At 18 he could legally own a .22 rifle for hunting in CT.

Who can own a shotgun or rifle in Connecticut?
You must be 18-years old to purchase a rifle or shotgun. No permits are required to purchase or carry these guns, however there is a 2-week waiting period from the date of purchase to the time you receive your gun.

http://statelaws.net/Connecticut-Gun-Laws.php

It is obviously still very deadly.

Other sources claims she was looking for a college for him. So which one was it? Locked away or going to college? I am not sure people who are interviewed and provide this insight know much of anything at all.

I think it's possible that she could have told people both stories. If she in fact was going to get her son committed it might not be something that she wanted to share with casual acquaintances or even all friends. Easier to explain that your kid is going away in college.

That said, Mr. Flashman's information seems to be from hearsay.

From what I've been told, Adam was aware of her petitioning the court for conservatorship and (her) plans to have him committed," Flashman told FoxNews.com. "Adam was apparently very upset about this. He thought she just wanted to send him away. From what I understand, he was really, really angry. I think this could have been it, what set him off.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/1...sed-connecticut-madman-to-snap/#ixzz2FRUe9avI

allison-wyatt-4_3_rx512_c680x510.jpg

Here is a photo of Allison Wyatt. I had not seen one of her anywhere.

Allison Wyatt was a sweet, smart little girl who would turn parts of her family’s Newtown home into an art studio by taping her pictures to the walls, her family said in a statement. For her six short years, she made the world a better place.

Allison Wyatt, daughter of Cheyanne and Ben Wyatt, was one of 20 first graders killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown on Friday.

Wyatt’s family released a statement on Tuesday and a photo of a smiling Allison in a green floral dress sitting in front of a pink cake, celebrating her sixth birthday.

“Allison was a kind-hearted little girl who had a lot of love to give, and she formed special bonds with most people who spent any amount of time with her. She loved her family and teachers especially, but would often surprise us with random acts of kindness - once even offering her snacks to a complete stranger on a plane,” her family said.

Allison loved drawing and wanted to be an artist, her family said.

“She loved to laugh and was developing her own wonderful sense of humor that ranged from just being a silly six-year old to coming up with observations that more than once had us crying with laughter,” her family said.

“Allison made the world a better place for six, far too short years and we now have to figure out how to move on without her. She was a sweet, creative, funny, intelligent little girl who had an amazing life ahead of her. Our world is a lot darker now that she’s gone. We love and miss her so much.”

Allison Wyatt: Turned Home Into an Art Studio

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/1...d-may-have-caused-connecticut-madman-to-snap/

EXCLUSIVE: Fear of being committed may have caused Connecticut gunman to snap

The gunman who slaughtered 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school may have snapped because his mother was planning to commit him to a psychiatric facility, according to a lifelong resident of the area who was familiar with the killer’s family and several of the victims’ families.

bbm

Wow! That would make sense. Maybe she told some people she was looking for a "college" for him to go to, when in fact it was a mental health facility.

I also wonder if she told people he had Asperger's, but maybe he really had some other mental health issue she didn't want to reveal.

And I kinda doubt she did all that traveling. Maybe she's the type to "keep up appearances"?

I know zero about gaming but I looked up in google the Alchemy Community (World of Warcraft) and found that in playing these games you have either a profession or you have to reach a profession. Well two of the professions are engineering and cooking. Havent we heard out in the news from some who "knew" him that he wanted to be an engineer and his mom was teaching him how to cook? Any of you gamers know how you reach these professions in the game? I have no point I just find coincidence odd.

IMO She was most likely trying to get him committed but she told people she knew he was going away to school to keep up appearances.She most likely did not want anyone to know how troubled he really was. JMO .

A separate neighborhood source also told FoxNews.com that Nancy Lanza had come to the realization she could no longer handle her son alone. She was caring for him full-time, but told friends she needed help. She was planning to have him involuntarily hospitalized, according to the source, who did not know if she had taken formal steps.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/1...sed-connecticut-madman-to-snap/#ixzz2FRVjhLYF

Connecticut requirements for involuntary hospitalization:
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2002/rpt/2002-R-0848.htm
This is from 2002, I did not check if there's been any change to the laws but I assume it would be reasonably accurate since it's a gov site.

terroristic threats is a Class D felony and is part of the criminal code in Connecticut. I posted the link earlier. I think the full punishment should be imposed going forward.

JMO

Thanks. Not every state or country has this law. They should.

According to Connecticut criminal law, threatening to commit a crime is defined as follows:

It is a felony level charge (first degree threatening, also known as terroristic threats), if:

you terrorize someone using a hazardous substance
cause the evacuation of a building or public place
threaten to commit such a crime that would cause significant public inconvenience, or in reckless disregard to causing that convenience.
Threatening in the Second Degree is defined as:

placing another person in fear of imminent personal injury
threatening to commit a crime of violence in order to terrorize another person
issuing threats that are in reckless disregard of causing fear or terror

Stumbled upon this just surfing the Internet. Now a few websites that I saw this on are some "conspiracy theory" type sites, so I decided to search for just the actual map that I guess you could order before the movie came out? Anyways, what I'm talking about is a special map of the attack zones of Bane in the movie The Dark Knight Rises that I guess you could order and I think it came with a t-shirt too. I haven't done much reading or research on this, so if it needs to be deleted I'll understand. I just thought it was very eerie in light of the recent tragedy. Let me know if you guys saw what I saw and what you think of this "coincidence". Again, I understand if this needs to be deleted at any time. Here's one link:

http://www.ugo.com/movies/the-dark-knight-rises-viral-package

Day-um!!..SANDY HOOK.. right there..odd coincidence?..maybe..maybe not..

!!!

I'd like to know how closely he followed James Holmes after the theatre shooting ..

Pretty much every MMO has those crafts.

You collect items and synth them to create new items. Ex: Collect flour, eggs, water, make bread.

I don't think it has any connection at all.

It's also not necessary to have any of those crafts to play the game.

Has it even been reported anywhere that he played WOW?

Ahhh thank you I only play Mario Kart & Wipout:)

I was looking for a lanza profile and found one with a female avitar and noticed the two professions and that's what made me throw out the question to the gamers cuz I thought it was weird:.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/18/newtown-gunman-adam-lanza-what-we-know

Wow! That would make sense. Maybe she told some people she was looking for a "college" for him to go to, when in fact it was a mental health facility.

I also wonder if she told people he had Asperger's, but maybe he really had some other mental health issue she didn't want to reveal.

And I kinda doubt she did all that traveling. Maybe she's the type to "keep up appearances"?

I've thought for a while maybe "aspbergers" was what the family told people but there was a different diagnosis. Part of the keeping up appearances.

Has it been mentioned whether anyone at the school knew AL and/or his family? Maybe a teacher who was about the same age as RL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08