Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When he was 8, not 20. But either way, you don't leAve a person who needs watching locked up unattended for days or weeks if you think they need watching. That's almost the opposite of watching them.

I agree - regardless of whether or not he was locked up, if a person is in need of supervision (for their own safety or for whatever reason), you don't leave them unattended for days.

As I stated: it's pure speculation, based on what little is known.

If he had a "suicidal psychosis" while she was out of town, what difference would it have made whether or not the doors were locked? He would have been all by himself. As far as a fire breaking out - I've never seen a basement without an exterior door - it would be in violation of fire code.

I grew up in a home that had a basement without an exterior door. It's definitely possible.

I saw a dad lock his wife and very ill child (who had transposition of the great vessels of the heart) in a filthy firetrap trailer with a padlock. Nothing shocks me.

Many parents of disabled children lock them in their room for safety reason (especially at night). This is illegal UNLESS you have sought review and permission from a family court judge.

We have all read about such horrible stories. That does not answer my question. Whether or not some people lock up their spouses or kids does not answer whether you believe that Nancy did that to her son while she traveled.

Where us the evidence of such a thing?

I remember the movie based on this case- starred Valerie Bertinelli it's one of those movies that really stuck with me.

Right! I can't remember the title, tho.

She did have a history of criminal activity but I'm not sure she was ever charged with anything prior to walking into the school and shooting children. Everyone knew something was wrong but her parents did nothing. There are still no answers as to her diagnosis.

When he was 8, not 20. But either way, you don't leAve a person who needs watching locked up unattended for days or weeks if you think they need watching. That's almost the opposite of watching them.
It was in 2007 (when the killer was 14 or 15) when the director of security at the high school notified the other security guards about closely watching the killer.

We have all read about such horrible stories. That does not answer my question. Whether or not some people lock up their spouses or kids does not answer whether you believe that Nancy did that to her son while she traveled.

Where us the evidence of such a thing?
I and others are speculating because no caretaker has been identified or discussed. The killer needed to be watched very closely only 5 years earlier because he could hurt himself. Since there appears to be no mini-vacation caretaker, locking him in the basement might have been an option.

It was in 2007 (when the killer was 14 or 15) when the director of security at the high school notified the other security guards about closely watching the killer.

Sounds like they had him pegged back then huh?

Wow, this story needs some real news as this thread is going more down hill by the day....

I read Tucson's Ben's Bell's is going to secretly hang bells (1000?) in Newton next week. You should look it up. It's a postive to all of this horrible. It's an honor to have a Ben's Bell out here. Or at least it shows a community cares. I love Ben's Bells. jmo

Have you seen where people are sending paper snowflakes to Sandy Hook to hang in the new school so the kids will have a winter wonderland when they go back after the Holidays?

Connecticut PTSA
60 Connolly Parkway
Building 12, Suite 103
Hamden, CT 06514

I work next to an art gallery that just happens to have windows full of the most awesome paper snowflakes I have ever seen.. so I'm going to adopt a few after Christmas and send them in.

I was thinking that the medical information would be required to live on campus, in a dorm. Trying to remember, but I do think my son's college required the medical information and he lived in the dorm.

My son went to a Calif State University, and he was never asked to fill out any medical info other than a very general page having to do with any thing that would mean he needed extra medical caution on the campus. Basically it was asking if he had any life threatening medical conditions the school needed to know about. If not, good to go.

But he lived off campus. If he was living in a dorm they would probably need more info than that. jmo

I agree - regardless of whether or not he was locked up, if a person is in need of supervision (for their own safety or for whatever reason), you don't leave them unattended for days.

I really wonder how much NL saw AL even when she was at home. Did they spend quality time together within the house? They went to the shooting range to spend quality time together, but that stopped 6 months ago (if we believe the media). Did they do anything else together, or was he in the basement and she was elsewhere in the house.

I grew up in a home that had a basement without an exterior door. It's definitely possible.

Yes - now that I think about it, I have a neighbor who has a basement without an exterior door (circa 1920). It's still a violation of current fire code where I live. NL's house was built rather recently, so I'd expect it to conform to current codes.

Did I miss a "link" that she locked her son in a basement?
Nobody stated that it happened. It could have happened because he needed a caretaker and there is no evidence that he had one when Nancy went on vacation.

Yes - I have a neighbor who has a basement without an exterior door (circa 1920). It's still a violation of current fire code where I live. NL's house was built rather recently, so I'd expect it to conform to current codes.

The house I lived in was built in 1984.

You know, the fact that we may have once witnessed or been made aware of a horrific case of false imprisonment or abuse is not evidence that the same thing happened here.

And with that, I think I'll have to bow out of this conversation for now. As much as I love all of you, I frankly find it offensive to accuse a crime victim, murdered by her rage-filled son, of locking him in a basement where he left bloody claw marks in an attempt to escape. There is zero evidence of that right now. Nancy's a crime victim and I think this is not fair to her.

Yes - I have a neighbor who has a basement without an exterior door (circa 1920). It's still a violation of current fire code where I live. NL's house was built rather recently, so I'd expect it to conform to current codes.
I lived in a home in Buffalo, Ny without a basement exit.

I would just like to say that in my opinion, it could be possible that a caretaker may not step forward and spill everything they know to the media. There's no way I would ever answer questions about anything I've seen or dealt with--if asked by someone in the media. Not even if it was something captured on videotape and they were asking for my comments on a situation.

I and others are speculating because no caretaker has been identified or discussed. The killer needed to be watched very closely only 5 years earlier because he could hurt himself. Since there appears to be no mini-vacation caretaker, locking him in the basement might have been an option.

That's a total misstatement if the facts. The murderer was given extra security at high school to protect him from bullying. Thats all.

Gnight friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members