Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Criminal psychologists are now said to be focusing on his relationship with his mother.
"According to authorities, the latest details to emerge out of the Sandy Hook investigation indicate that Lanza, 20, rigged his rifle to allow him to cause maximum killings."

"...taped two cartridge magazines to his .223 caliber rifle so he could reload as quickly as possible and continue his killing spree, the Telegraph reported."

http://www.ibtimes.com/adam-lanza-p...-maximum-killing-destroying-hard-drive-950842

Sure sounds like he planned it.
With the amount of guns and ammo found I agree he pre planned his massacre....I wonder if his computer games and real life interlocked in his brain.
IMO

:truce:
IMO, theres no way he just up and became violent that day.

I completely agree.

The more I read about AL, the more my initial reaction holds true: this kid was pegged by the Sandy Hook school district has having serious problems early on while still in elementary and an alternative/ special ed setting was posed to his mother but she didn't agree or want to place him for whatever reasons.

She subsequently sent him to a local Catholic school but she eventually pulled him out of there as well and home-schooled him.

I think he held the grudge against the Sandy Hook district the rest of his life, possibly blaming them for "starting" all of his troubles. The school psychologist had been there for 18 years so she may very well have been part of those early discussions/CSE with his mother and suggestion for alternative placement.

JMO but I think we are going to hear more of this in the days to come.

This sounds like he had threatened her!

"Marsha Lanza revealed that Nancy had traveled to nine cities in three countries because she wanted out of the mansion she shared with her troubled son Adam - and could have known the end was coming."
"According to Headline News, Nancy Lanza had left Adam alone while she went on a mini-break to Bretton Woods in New Hampshire - something she often did."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-Adam-left-home-gun-spree.html#ixzz2FZ7pp0mT
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It sounds like there was some type of fear ......

I am sorry but this woman had a large amount of alimony paid to her, and if he couldn't be left alone, she should have been able to pay someone to take care of him.

I agree with your post but my step son's psychiatrist actually advised it to see if he could function on a basic level without me. To see what long term plans could be made for his future; college or group home. Plus, I found it extremely hard to just get a therapy assistant to stop by to check up on him once a day and money was not the reason. But maybe huge amounts of money would have changed his mind...thousands versus my hundreds. lol

I completely agree.

The more I read about AL, the more my initial reaction holds true: this kid was pegged by the Sandy Hook school district has having serious problems early on while still in elementary and an alternative/ special ed setting was posed to his mother but she didn't agree or want to place him for whatever reasons.

She subsequently sent him to a local Catholic school but she eventually pulled him out of there as well and home-schooled him.

I think he held the grudge against the Sandy Hook district the rest of his life, possibly blaming them for "starting" all of his troubles. The school psychologist had been there for 18 years so she may very well have been part of those early discussions/CSE with his mother and suggestion for alternative placement.

I hope we hear more in the days to come.....because I want to know how his mind worked.

It sounds like there was some type of fear ......

Aunt Marsha is the one who claims Nancy was a survivalist so it would be fear of the end of the world/government collapse. Although some of Nancy's friends have disputed the idea that she was a survivalist.

Have any of Marsha Lanza's "revelations" about the world travel or the survivalism been verified by anyone else? I know she supposedly showed a transcript of a Facebook chat where NL talked about the travel and the discovery of a long lost half sister. But no one else seems to have mentioned any of these things, yet the stories have spread around the world.

Nancy had traveled to nine cities in three countries

So much is being made of one simple statement.

I do not think her traveling was extensive, it seemed little IMO Most of which was done in her backyard. San Francisco and London was about it. For three countries they are including the US.

Toronto was mentioned but that still is a close proximity.

I use to live close to Mexico, there were many a weeks in which I would cross daily into Mexico, many times I would stay for a week. Never did I consider this traveling or vacations, let alone mini-vacations between countries.

Then take into account her yearly alimony and not having a job, her traveling was very little, I know I would do more.

Mass shooters normally plan their acts for quite some time.
I don't think he just decided to go shoot up the school after he killed his mother.
I think he planned to go shoot up the school before killing his mother.

I don't know, maybe he did, maybe he didn't. The only thing I can relate to is one he started killing, he could not/would not stop. It no longer mattered how many he killed, and the more the better. He was, according to LE, in posession of more weapons.

I can't begin to understand what triggered him, but once he started killing, I believe he was like the energizer bunny, he would have kept on killing, and killing.

As far as I can tell, we haven't heard from anyone that she had a caretaker for him other than herself. One assumes at least some of her friends would have known if she had a caretaker for him.

If it were a medical professional helping NL with AL's care, wouldn't they be prohibited from talking about if because of HIPPA? NL seems to have been very discrete about anything concerning AL, so she could have had help and never mentioned it.

I'm wondering if the stories about AL going to "Washington state" for school might be a misunderstanding. There is a town of Washington in New Hampshire. The resort NL is claimed to have gone last week is near Mount Washington and Mount Washington National Forest.

Since NL was originally from NH and presumably still had family and friends there, maybe she was arranging for AL to be cared for in Washington, NH, not clear across the country in Washington state. And if the claim about engineering school is true, there are a number of excellent engineering schools in NH.

Maybe NL was just 'going home' where she would have more support to take care of her son.

JMO, speculating off the questionable information we have.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/killer_got_ready_with_mom_away_obDc6IlRDklXzQVDcUxkvI

Nancy Lanza checked into the Omni Mount Washington Resort in Bretton Woods, NH, at 12:10 p.m. Tuesday, and left around the same time Thursday.

“Every day we learn a little bit more, both from the computer and from talking to people,” said a law enforcement official.

Police also said yesterday that the second surviving shooting victim is an adult.

On CNN just now (was a repeat from earlier tonight)

LE is back at the house again. Just showed the house - lights are on upstairs in one room and lights on all over on the first floor. Reported that the mobile crime lab has been brought back/in. Also, they took out a rather large box earlier today and took it into the crime lab.

Interesting..........................
This is spooking me that the crime lab is still in the house and the mobile crime lab was just brought back in. Those of us that read this forum all the time can envision lots of creepy things such as the crime lab just discovered evidence of Dad's and big brother's old blood all over walls in the home or several rooms were transformed into prison cells to hold Axxx. I wish LE would start sharing info because my mind is running wild!

Remembering by remembering what they loved.

Services Thursday, December 20, 2012:

Allison Wyatt, 6

Allison loved drawing and wanted to be an artist, often turning parts of the house into an “art studio” with rows of pictures taped to the walls. She loved to laugh and was developing her own wonderful sense of humor that ranged from just being a silly six-year old to coming up with observations that more than once had her family crying with laughter.

To honor Allison's memory or to assist her sister, please consider donations to either the Allison Wyatt Memorial Fund, Steve DeMartino, c/o TransAct Technology Inc, One Hamden Center, 2319 Whitney Avenue, Suite 3B, Hamden CT 06518 or a check payable to Ben Wyatt as Custodian, same address.

Catherine Violet Hubbard, 6

She will be remembered for her passion of animals and constant smile. Her family prays that she, all the students of Sandy Hook Elementary, and all those affected by this brutal event find peace in their hearts.

In lieu of flowers the family is requesting donations be made to the Newtown Animal Center, PO Box 475, Newtown CT 06470.

Benjamin Andrew Wheeler, 6

He was a devoted fan of his older brother, Nate, and the two of them together filled the house with the noise of four children. He loved the local soccer program, often running across the field long after it was actually necessary, but always smiling and laughing as he moved the ball, nearly always at full tilt. He was becoming a strong swimmer and loved his lessons.

Earlier in December, Ben performed at his piano recital, and sitting still long enough to play one piece was an accomplishment he reveled in. He loved The Beatles, lighthouses, and the number 7 train to Sunnyside, Queens.

It is suggested that memorial donations be made to the Benjamin Wheeler Fund, c/o Trinity Episcopal Church, 36 Main Street, Newtown CT 06470.

Jesse McCord Lewis, 6

Jesse left an indelible mark on the hearts of all he met. The picture that remains etched in family’s souls is one of him in his boots, no socks, ripped jeans, and a t-shirt, an army helmet strapped to his head, a smudge of dirt on his cheek, tromping through the pasture on his way from one adventure to another.

In lieu of flowers, please make donations to Voice for Joanie Inc, 5 Glenwood Road, New Milford CT 06776 or at voiceforjoanie.org .

Lauren Gabrielle Rousseau, 30

She is also mourned by Anthony Lusardi III of Cortlandt Manor, N.Y., the love of her life.

Ms Rousseau was known for her exuberance for life, love of family, her friendliness, kindness, and loyalty, and her ever-present smile.

She was a kindergartner at Hayestown Avenue School, then attended Roberts Avenue School, Broadview Middle School, and Danbury High School, where her greatest joys were singing and dancing in the yearly musical and teaching in the school-based nursery school.

Anne Marie Murphy, 52

She will be remembered for her love of the arts, walks in the outdoors, and most importantly: her family.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Autism Speaks, 1060 State Road, 2nd Floor, Princeton NJ 08540, or at www.autismspeaks.org .

Services Wednesday, December 19, 2012:

Charlotte Helen Bacon, 6

Charlotte never met an animal she didn’t love, and since the age of 2 wanted to be a veterinarian. She also enjoyed practicing Tae Kwon Do weekly with her dad and brother, where she relished kicking and throwing punches.

In lieu of flowers, contributions in her memory may be sent to Christ the King Lutheran Church, 85 Mt Pleasant Road, Newtown CT 06470.

Daniel Gerard Barden, 7

He loved spending time with his family, both immediate and extended, riding waves at the beach, playing the drums in a band with his brother James and sister Natalie, foosball, reading, and making s’mores around the bonfire with his cousins at his “Papa’s” house in Smallwood, N.Y. Daniel was on the Newtown soccer team and the Newtown Torpedoes swim team.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Daniel’s name to the Sandy Hook School Support Fund, c/o Newtown Savings Bank, 39 Main Street, Newtown CT 06470, or checks may be dropped off at any Newtown Savings Bank branch location. To donate on-line, go to http://newtown.uwwesternct.org .

Caroline Phoebe Previdi, 6

She was a first grade student at the school and a lifetime resident of Sandy Hook. Caroline was a member of St Rose of Lima Church in Newtown. Caroline loved to draw and dance. Her smile brought happiness to everyone she touched.

Contributions in Caroline's memory may be made to The Toy Chest, c/o St Rose of Lima Church, 46 Church Hill Road, Newtown CT 06470.

Chase Michael Anthony Kowalski, 7

Joining the Cub Scouts was just one of his many interests. He could often be found in the yard playing ball, riding his bike or quad. Chase was always excited to attend the kids work shop at the Trumbull Home Depot.

In lieu of flowers please make a donation to the Chase Kowalski Scholarship Fund, c/o Peoples Bank, 470 Monroe Turnpike, Monroe CT 06468.

Victoria “Vicki” Leigh Soto, 27

Some of her favorite things include flamingoes, of which you can never have too many (whenever we saw one, her family thought of her), the New York Yankees #11, and, most importantly, Christmas, as she was the only one allowed to pick out the tree and put up the lights.

Her friends were also such a big part of her life, especially her best friend and confidant Rachel Schiavone, whom she loved dearly. Ms Soto also leaves behind her loving dog, Roxie, who waited for her to come home everyday, and is still waiting, lost without her.

The family has requested in lieu of flowers that donations be made to the Victoria L. Soto Memorial Fund for Education, through the fFuneral home.

Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, 47

Beloved daughter, mother, wife, grandmother, and friend, she was a dedicated teacher who inspired her students to reach their fullest potential by instilling in them the importance of life-long learning. A fierce leader and educational activist, Ms Hochsprung was admired by her colleagues, students, and parents, particularly for her caring and nurturing nature. She often referred to her students as her “children” and wanted school to be a positive place and a safe haven.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Dawn Lafferty – Hochsprung Memorial Fund, Waterbury Connecticut Federal Teacher’s Union, PO Box 2121, Waterbury, CT 06722.

Services Tuesday, December 18, 2012:

Jessica Adrienne Rekos, 6

Jessica loved horseback riding, learning about orcas, writing, and playing with her little brothers.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Newtown Rotary Sandy Hook School Fund, PO Box 263, Newtown CT 06482.

James Radley Mattioli, 6 ¾

James loved to dive off the diving board at the Treadwell Pool, swim like a fish in both of his grandparents’ pools and ride his bike, proudly without training wheels. He often said, “I need to go outside Mom, I need fresh air.” He spent endless hours playing hockey with his best bud and cousin, George.

James was born four weeks early at Bridgeport Hospital. It was an ongoing quip that James came into the world early because he was hungry. He loved hamburgers with ketchup, his Dad’s egg omelets with bacon, and his Mom’s French toast. He often asked to stop at Subway for dinner for a ham sandwich, and wanted to know how old he needed to be to order a footlong sandwich.

In lieu of flowers, a donation may be made in James’ memory to the James R. Mattioli Memorial Fund, c/o Newtown Savings Bank, 39 Main Street, Newtown CT 06470.

Services Monday, December 17, 2012:

Jack Armistead Pinto, 6

Jack was an avid participant in a wide variety of activities including flag football, baseball, basketball, wrestling, and snow skiing. Jack was an incredibly loving and vivacious young boy, appreciated by all who knew him for his lively and giving spirit and steely determination.

[Jack loved NY Giants receiver Victor Cruz.]

Noah Samuel Pozner, 6

[Noah loved tacos.]

Memorial contributions may be directed to the planting of trees in Israel.

These are only small glimpses mostly taken from the obituaries at http://newtownbee.com/

I will be adding for the services to come.

He may have felt he had been given an either/or ultimatum .. 'either you enter the world in a productive manner (which he couldn't do because he hadn't developed the social skills required) or you're going to be put away'.

Gone were the days of comfort holed up in his mothers basement where all his needs were taken care of and he didn't have to feel uncomfortable or inadequate. He may as well be dead (in his mind), and it was all his mothers fault.

...and if he believed she'd discussed this situation with her friends at the school (in bold above, if this story is correct) then it was their fault too.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/1...sed-connecticut-madman-to-snap/#ixzz2FZ8qOb2E

Exactly. It takes everyone in the village to keep the village safe.

Nancy told many people about Axxx's red flags, but it appears that nobody took action.
1. Nancy told some about Axxx's desire to be a Marine. To me, that would be a red flag. He was unable to communicate easily and was scrawny. That sounds like a DELUSION (which involved guns).
2. Many neighbors had never met Axxx and those that did felt he was "odd".
3. Nobody had seen Axxx for 2 years.
4, Nancy told friends that she was "losing Axxx".
5. Nancy told friends that things were getting worse.
6. Nancy didn't have family members to help her watch Axxx.
7. Nancy was frequently leaving spooky Axxx alone.
8. Nancy was secretive about Axxx and didn't like to talk about her home life.
9, Axxx exhibited unpredictable behavior (loud outburst) which is a sign of possible violent behavior.
10. Nancy pulled Axxx out of public school and he was isolated from others.
11. Nancy told friends that she was taking Axxx target shooting,
12. Nancy told friends that she was keeping guns in her home including semi-automatic weapons!

When you add up the red flags, someone in Nancy's "village" should have asked the police many time to do a mental health check on Axxx (and maybe mental health checks on Nancy).

I think why he picked that school and not the others near by ....
He went to that school ...although it was for a short time he knew the layout and where the office/classrooms were. He could do what he planned to do much quicker .... This was planned down to what rooms he would enter in what order ... IMO .. I think he planned much worse but first responders stopped the coward.

IMO ... This thing was not helpless. If he lived in that basement it was because he wanted to . If she didn't have people over was because he didn't want people over. She made him her entire world for so long . She wanted him to start being more independent so she could start living again . He was a spoiled brat who was not used to hearing no . He didn't want to do anything for himself ... That is not helpless it is spoiled and lazy .

She loved him and I think her life was him and only him for the longest time. He didn't like that changing. She saw an adult who still might need her but should be able to care for himself. He was angry that she wanted him to grow up. When his dad made him mad he decided to stop talking to him .. He was much closer to his mom and he felt she was turning her back on him as well.

This whole post is IMO

I completely agree.

Agree, Hilda Swenson..

Imo, once the smoke settles and the MS Media does some investigating, truly seeking and releasing the full story. We will find that the writing had been on the wall for years, but due to the enabling by many, combined with the lack of transparency by investigators, imo.It may be years before we know the full story, as in the Columbine school shooting investigation..

Sadly, the CT Sandy Hook School massacre was the tragic results of AL's manipulation and chameleon like ability to hide his true identity, imo..

IMO, AL's final act wasn't impulsive, but a well planned evil act of deviant behavior by a very controlling narcissistic, sadistic, psychopath. AL, not only felt no physical pain, but was also void of many spiritual and human emotions, specifically empathy.

Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eric David Harris (April 9, 1981 – April 20, 1999) and Dylan Bennet Klebold (September 11, 1981 – April 20, 1999) were the two American high school seniors who committed the Columbine High School massacre.

Initial legal encounters
In March 1998, Jefferson County Sheriff's Office investigator Michael Guerra looked at Harris's website after the parents of Brooks Brown, a fellow student of Harris and Klebold, discovered Harris was making threats aimed at their son after a falling out between them. Guerra wrote a draft affidavit for a search warrant, but the affidavit was never filed. This information was not revealed to the public until September 2001 by 60 Minutes, though it was known by the police the entire time.

The two boys got into trouble with the law for breaking into a locked van and stealing computers. In January 1998, they were charged with mischief, breaking and entering, trespassing, and theft. They both left good impressions on the juvenile officers, who offered to expunge their criminal records if they agreed to attend a diversionary program to include community service, received psychiatric treatment, and obeyed the law.

Harris was required to attend anger management classes where, again, he made a favorable impression. They were so well-behaved that their probation officer discharged them from the program a few months earlier than the due date.

Of Harris, it was remarked that he was "a very bright individual who is likely to succeed in life", while Klebold was said to be intelligent, but "needs to understand that hard work is part of fulfilling a dream."

On May 1998, Harris typed a letter of apology to the owner of the van, saying he was sorry he did it. However, he was writing in his journal at the same time: "Why shouldn't we, the gods, have the right to break into a van that some mother****er left in the middle of nowhere?!"

I keep going back to the connection between him and the school.

IMO he attended there more than just the one year we've heard (5th grade).

They moved there in 1998 - AL was 6 years old. That's first grade age. IF he didn't attend Sandy Hook until 5th grade - well then where was he going to school?

We know he went to a private Catholic school for middle school and the public high school.

The only schooling years we haven't heard about where he was is 1st through 4th grades. I believe we'll find out in the end that he did, indeed, attend Sandy Hook for
1st through 5th grades.

JMHO

He had no criminal record and no one described him being violent prior to the murders.

:truce:
IMO, theres no way he just up and became violent that day.

Here is my take one this. People like this murderer who are so scared of even accidental human touch that they grip the walls to avoid it- they aren't batterers. They may think all the same things, and have all the same capacity of abusers but physically beating, pushing, hurting someone is repulsive because of the personal closeness and contact. I believe guns were an intermediary that removed the physical "intimacy" of violence.

So I really do think he was non-violent until this happened. Maybe not intellectually non-violent, but physically non-violent. Non-violent only in application.

I don't have any more information than you, though, so it's just a belief based on known patters.

<modsnip> he freakin killed, make that slaughtered 20 children! he was NOT MENTALLY NORMAL :furious:. its been reported by numerous reliable media that he was afraid that his mom was going to leave him. he was addicted to violent games, a loner and violent by some accounts. dont sugar coat a child killer.

I think she means he's not mentally challenged as in he doesn't have a low IQ. That is why she referenced his high intelligence. I doubt she'd argue that he was mentally well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member