Connie Lawless

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very interesting site. Thanks.
I didn't mention Pastor Lawless's demeanor in my last post. But I thought he looked like a man who has been beat. (not in the physical sense) This could be because he is aware of some wrong doing by MH or it could be because he was just questioned for 3 hours by LE (in the video I watched). He just seemed very sad, or worn down. Whereas Connie was quickly giving information, added information, kind of like MH giving info.
Like if I give all this info maybe they'll stop looking my way.
It will be interesting to see what comes out from these two. I really don't think they were involved but I do think they hold a lot of answers to many of our questions.

My first thought when I saw that demeanor in Pastor Lawless was deceit. I've looked at it a couple times and it could be exhaustion or maybe shame that this is happening and his church is implicated. That we live in an age where so there have been so many church scandals people don't really think twice about a church leader being called in for 3 hours of questioning.

Joe, the Eyes for Lies site is awesome, but when she sees another video of the pastor I think she may have something different to say. Much of the things she made note of could be related to fatigue. And it is a possibility that Connie's rapid speaking was her trying to hurry home because she was concern for husband.

I really hope we see some more footage of Connie.

Did anyone notice Connie or the Pastor at the family's statement to the press? I don't recall them being there.

It looks like I'm not alone in feeling like Connie may be lying about having seen the suitcase before. I can't decide between that and denial. What does every body think?

Very interesting site. Thanks.
I didn't mention Pastor Lawless's demeanor in my last post. But I thought he looked like a man who has been beat. (not in the physical sense) This could be because he is aware of some wrong doing by MH or it could be because he was just questioned for 3 hours by LE (in the video I watched). He just seemed very sad, or worn down. Whereas Connie was quickly giving information, added information, kind of like MH giving info.
Like if I give all this info maybe they'll stop looking my way.
It will be interesting to see what comes out from these two. I really don't think they were involved but I do think they hold a lot of answers to many of our questions.

I was thinking because as a pastor he maybe feels that he should have recognized the signs of "evil" or whatever in Melissa and he feels like he let her and Sandra down. Or he is struggling with his faith now and his belief in God because of how terrible all this is.

Wow, very interesting. Thanks!

I don't think you can read into this. There was a sound problem. You can hear the sound guy trying to adjust his mike so that he could pick up the Pastor's comments. I don't think either one of them had anything to do with it.

I don't think you can read into this. There was a sound problem. You can hear the sound guy trying to adjust his mike so that he could pick up the Pastor's comments. I don't think either one of them had anything to do with it.

Maybe so. You do make a valid point.

Something that Connie stated early on when LE was searching the church was that she "couldn't imagine who would abuse Sandra....and murder her." She used the term "abuse" before the arrest and before anything was being reported of what happened to Sandra. She could have just been speculating but, it made me think she knew more.

Something that Connie stated early on when LE was searching the church was that she "couldn't imagine who would abuse Sandra....and murder her." She used the term "abuse" before the arrest and before anything was being reported of what happened to Sandra. She could have just been speculating but, it made me think she knew more.

Very interesting. I highlighted your sentence above. Here's the exact quote:

"She was at our house quite often. She was the sweetest little thing and it breaks our heart that anyone would take such a tiny little thing and abuse her and murder her," said Connie Lawless.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6749467

After reading the account about the other incident I have to ask...Was Connie ever interrogated then by LE?

Where was MH's child? Was she with her mother during that entire incident? How did her child act that night at home? Where did she tell Connie she was going? Was Connie aware she had the 7 yo child with her? Did Melissa have a key to the church?

Very interesting. I highlighted your sentence above. Here's the exact quote:

"She was at our house quite often. She was the sweetest little thing and it breaks our heart that anyone would take such a tiny little thing and abuse her and murder her," said Connie Lawless.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6749467

She said abuse before we knew abuse,and now there is another child that may have also been drugged while in MH care. CL knows how MH was acting
and was most likely taking care of her great grand daughter while MH was recovering from her internal bleeding.She and her husband know alot.It did
bother me that they did not go to her arraignment that speaks volumes to me
either they are totally outraged.... or they have gotten a lawyer which is
what they should do anyway.Her husband for being a preacher and I live in the south have been asked if my soul has been saved while I have been waiting in line to pay for mints,this sure would be a good time for him to preach forgiveness wouldn't it.?God bless them.

I too wonder about Connie Lawless...We need to know more about her.

For all we know Connie could have molested MH when she was younger. I would say that it is unlikely, but I never would have thought a woman would be responsible for Sandra's rape and murder. :shakehead:

Periodically, I sign on to the California State's Unclaimed Property website to check my name. Nothing for me, but I did see these entries:

Owner's Name: LAWLESS LANE
Amount: $548.07
Type of Property: Death benefits
Reported By: MANHATTAN NATIONAL LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY
Reported Address: 2933 WEST WAY
REDDING CA 96001-
--------------------------
LAWLESS CONNIE L
Amount: $50.00
Type of Property: Other
Reported By: AT T WIRELESS SERVICES INC
Reported Address: 812 W CLOVER RD
TRACY CA 95376-
---------------------------

Hmmmm - I lived in Misawa, Japan - there's an airforce base there. Did they live overseas?

Owner's Name: LAWLESS CONSTANCE L
Amount: $41.08
Type of Property: Dividends
Reported By: MERRILL LYNCH 4
Reported Address: P O BOX 4651 US FS MISAWA
SAN FRANCISCO 96519-
----------------------------------------

Posted as a FYI . . .

My first thought when I saw that demeanor in Pastor Lawless was deceit. I've looked at it a couple times and it could be exhaustion or maybe shame that this is happening and his church is implicated. That we live in an age where so there have been so many church scandals people don't really think twice about a church leader being called in for 3 hours of questioning.

Joe, the Eyes for Lies site is awesome, but when she sees another video of the pastor I think she may have something different to say. Much of the things she made note of could be related to fatigue. And it is a possibility that Connie's rapid speaking was her trying to hurry home because she was concern for husband.

I really hope we see some more footage of Connie.

Did anyone notice Connie or the Pastor at the family's statement to the press? I don't recall them being there.

It looks like I'm not alone in feeling like Connie may be lying about having seen the suitcase before. I can't decide between that and denial. What does every body think?

I read somewhere that the pastor isn't well. That he is having some serious health problems. Maybe that accounts for his fatigue after being questioned for hours. Questioning by LE would make anyone tired I think. But if you aren't well in the first place it is sure to take a toll.

Periodically, I sign on to the California State's Unclaimed Property website to check my name. Nothing for me, but I did see these entries:

Owner's Name: LAWLESS LANE
Amount: $548.07
Type of Property: Death benefits
Reported By: MANHATTAN NATIONAL LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY
Reported Address: 2933 WEST WAY
REDDING CA 96001-
--------------------------
LAWLESS CONNIE L
Amount: $50.00
Type of Property: Other
Reported By: AT T WIRELESS SERVICES INC
Reported Address: 812 W CLOVER RD
TRACY CA 95376-
---------------------------

Hmmmm - I lived in Misawa, Japan - there's an airforce base there. Did they live overseas?

Owner's Name: LAWLESS CONSTANCE L
Amount: $41.08
Type of Property: Dividends
Reported By: MERRILL LYNCH 4
Reported Address: P O BOX 4651 US FS MISAWA
SAN FRANCISCO 96519-
----------------------------------------

Posted as a FYI . . .

The Misawa address may relate to this -- it's the only tax-excempt, non-military religious APO 96519 address I could find, even though it has a different PO box #. (APO addresses for bases in the Pacific used to be addressed as APO San Francisco #####, so this would be a pretty old address for Lawless. The FS in the address usually stands for Fighter Squadron -- not sure how that relates to Lawless.)
WOMENS AGLOW FELLOWSHIP OF MISAWA JAPAN MILITARY
Tax Exempt/NonProfit Organization Information

http://www.taxexemptworld.com/organization.asp?tn=1404953

http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-stories/ci_12266036

i haven't started a thread before...hope this turns out right.

this article has comments from CL about her faith and family and portions of DeWayne Harris's (Connie's brother) sermon from Wednesday services.

i STILL don't like this guy...he makes me mad. And i think poor CL is still in a bit of denial and trying to make sense of all of this.

From the article:

"Lane is the last person on the Earth that you would ever suspect of abusing anyone," (spoken by Connie)

Maybe I'm cynical, but this just sounds ominous to me. Like I've heard it before.

From the article:

"Lane is the last person on the Earth that you would ever suspect of abusing anyone," (spoken by Connie)

Maybe I'm cynical, but this just sounds ominous to me. Like I've heard it before.

Regarding Connie's comment about Lane, in the words of Dan Rather, "Don't bet the trailer money on it yet."

(I got that off of his wikipedia entry. I only thought of hunting for a "Ratherism" because Connie's brother mentioned that he felt sorry for Nancy and Dan Rather. Dan Rather? I haven't seen him out in front with this story...:waitasec:)

From the article:

Since he has not been arrested for anything ever that I am aware of I don't think Pastor Lawless is an abuser. Everyone that knows him says he is a kind and gentle man. The police seems to have thoroughly checked this family out and the only one that is a pervert is their granddaughter.

I think the grandparents and the church have become victimized by their notorious evil granddaughter.

Isn't Grandma under a gag order?

She sounds defensive. An independent church likes to make their own rules.
As an independent church they are not accountable to other Baptists. No one is there to help them out of their denial.

Isn't Grandma under a gag order?

She sounds defensive. An independent church likes to make their own rules.
As an independent church they are not accountable to other Baptists. No one is there to help them out of their denial.

I imagine she is defensive. Terrible things have been said about their church and even them.

It has to be very hard on them but then they must keep the faith......that is all they can do now and will be the only thing that gets them through this, imo.

imoo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932
Back