Conrad Murray trial -Day one.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As to the lack of action on the board re: this case...I think it's because this one is kind of obvious for most and because of the "Casey Anthony Effect" maybe nobody really thinks Dr. M is going to walk...and because the deceased is the King of Pop, it's obvious someone will be to blame besides the beloved star!

There are also a lot of other things going on...Rebecca's suicide/homicide mystery, Susan Powell case heating up, the Petit trial in CT, Amanda Knox's appeal wrapping up - just seems to be a lot going on and it's hard to keep up with it all.

Am sad to say but this is the first time when I follow a trial and I have no compassion whatsoever for the victim (MJ).Was never a MJ fan and this isn't about that anyway but I really hope that Murray won't walk.

I KNOW that some will say,hey,MJ would have found another doctor and would have ended up dead because of his addiction sooner or later.True.But this isn't an excuse.Murray did so many mistakes ,I can't even count anymore.

I liked the prosecution,I hope they win.They do have a strong case IMO.

Great start for the defense. They can't even spell "Michael" on their own visual aid. And, they are going for the "he drank it" defense--IMO the weakest defense.

2goaliemom,
imo, they are going to blame prior addiction to another substance, is it demerol? JM's previous behaviour and absence from certain rehearsals will be attributed to other substance abuse.

They will seek to create reasonable doubt in the jurors mind. I reckon there could be hung jury with no conviction or acquittal?

Its not as if Dr Conrad Murray was a Columbian style narco-dealer who corrupted MJ killing him in his quest for profit. MJ wanted his nightly milk supplies, Dr Murray was employed to assist in this process, so he was guilty of looking the other way. Are there any other celebrities out there surviving on prescription drugs?

Will the children be called to testify thats the biggie and if they do, stand by for world-wide blanket, no pun intended, coverage!

he's not a drug dealer but he definitely acted like one,
15.5 L of propofol in 2 months?come on.
as far as i know in real world addicts are sent to rehab and dealers to jail.
if he felt so innocent why did he ask the guard to remove all that stuff.why did he lie about the location where the stuff was sent.he KNEW what he did was completely wrong.

The tape was relevant to show knowledge - either Dr. Murray is the one who drugged MJ to that level OR he was fully aware that MJ was medicating himself to that level...either way it's bad for the doctor. Dr. M says he did not know MJ had taken other drugs, so this tape would prove that is BS. Conrad Murray was all sorts of shady in this...and it's true he was not acting as a physician but as an employee allowing his "boss" to dictate what drugs he was to have. Let me just state again so that all who think Dr. M is not culpable, he provided Propofol for Michael Jackson, without the proper monitoring devices and outside of a proper facility...nuff said!!! His negligent actions proximately caused the death of Michael Jackson one way or another - by providing the drugs and by leaving them within reach of a drug addict patient and leaving the room; or perhaps by administering them in a negligent way - doesn't matter - he did not use the standard of care REQUIRED by the law in his duty as a physician to his patient. I don't think he's a murderer with malicious intent, but I do think he is guilty of an involuntary criminally negligent homicide.

ziggy,
I agree with you that Dr Conrad Murray is culpable as charged, but I doubt the jury will return that verdict. They will be bombarded with scientic jargon, drug terms and MJ's crazy behaviour, and be told Dr Murray was attempting to save MJ blah, blah.

I do not blame Dr Conrad Murray he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, MJ was going to fall over at some point and someone was going to become a scapegoat, thats precisely what Dr Conrad Murray has become!

this is not about MJ the star,it's about a doctor and his actions.doesn't even matter who the patient was or how many stars are on drugs.it's their choice,their life.but enabling someone's addiction is plain wrong.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out and if Dr. M will actually be found guilty. I believe he is negligent in M.J's death - but does the jury.

After CFMCA's trial let's just say I'm not gonna hold my breath.

MOO

Mel

this is not about MJ the star,it's about a doctor and his actions.doesn't even matter who the patient was or how many stars are on drugs.it's their choice,their life.but enabling someone's addiction is plain wrong.

I agree Madeleine, He sits there like a lump on a log with this pathetic look on his face. I suppose that is how he has been told to act. His high monthly salary tells a tale on him IMO. Uncanny.

At least Michael looked peaceful in death.

What I cannot believe is why they allowed that tape of the slurred speech and how can they prove it is MJ.Did he have witnesses? Or was that another patient of his ? I would have had that tape thrown out.I can't understand a word he is saying and does not even sound like him.Even if it was,to me it was beyond patient and doctor privilege.

I noticed that, and had this been in Judge Belvin Perry's courtroom it never would have passed the smell test.

There's no proof that was MJ on that voicemail (certainly could have been a plant), and to add insult to injury, how did the pros get away with showing a picture of a dead MJ in their powerpoint presentation! Not only that, they put that awful green hue in the background to make it look quite sinister.

I was gobsmacked!

MOO

Mel

I'm not suggesting there was anything normal about their lives,but using the nickname Blanket,isn't abnormal,IMO. People get stuck with nicknames,often from siblings,all the time. My ex-BIL is called Duck and my son calls him Uncle Duck . Nothing weird about that is there? : )

As much as no one wants to hear it, MJ and Dr. Murray are both at fault.

We don't know if the Dr. gave the last fatal dose or if MJ added to the Dr.'s dose. We just don't know.

We do know MJ was using propofol (among other things) to sleep, which is not the drugs intended purpose. We may hear MJ had some addiction issues to other sleep aids, we may not. We already heard about the demoral.

As far as who first started prescribing it and who continued, that would be different cases all together. Not this trial that is happening now, so it is best to keep the issues separate, while sadly the consequences were not.

As far as this Dr. goes, he knew this was an illegal, unethical, and potentially fatal plan. Any Dr. would. That is where any culpability on this Dr. comes in. He agreed to do this, knowing it could all go very wrong.

The jury will have to decide just what punishment the Dr. will receive. If they decide he gave the fatal dose, that is just one of the charges, the worst one. If they do not know who gave the fatal dose, but know the Dr. should never have gone along with the plan, that is a different charge, but does not include the death of the patient. Then there will, most likely, be testimony that the Dr. really did not know much about the patient and his addictions, and discovered it all too late. Which I would find hard to believe given the recording, he knew at least by May 9, plenty of time to stop administering propofol, get it out of the house, put it under lock and key, or just quit the job if his medical knowledge and intervention were being shoved aside.

It is a tough issue. I am looking forward to hearing the Court arguments and evidence. I would not want to be a juror on this case, not at all.

all I know is, this so called Dr. needs to have his license pulled in every state.
Next time I'm having dental surgery I would greatly appreciate it if they would stick to the task at hand. No leaving the room, no calling girlfriends. If something goes wrong, please call 911 immediately. Please!
Oh, ain't buying that little tearful moment. Two grown men passing the little tissue. Calculated as all get out. IMO

I watched MJ grow up, have enjoyed many of his songs and videos. I thought he was a good looking young man before he started his surgeries. But this person, in many ways, never was able to mature - maybe because of the influence of his father. But genius he was in many ways in the music industry. He spiraled out of control, I am not sure his family tried hard enough or could have even made a difference.

All of the wealth made it possible for MJ to buy whatever and whomever he saw fit. Listening yesterday about the negotiations to secure this dr. made it clear he was for sale. MJ was trying to have one more come-back, we will never know how this could have gone.

This dr was the one who sold his soul for the last in MJ's handling and, as a dr, should be held responsible for the part he played in MJ's death. Although he wasn't responsible for what led up to the addictions, his negligence requires he pay for his part - the final part.

I'm a huge MJ fan. I think both are culpable. MJ and CM. Why in the world would MJ find someone to give him propofol? And why in the world would CM administer it in a noncontrolled environment.

Yeppers, both are responsible. Sometimes it's best to lose a doctor if you think they are doing something wrong/illegal. Never trust doctors, count on your own intuition. Ultimately responsible? I think the jury will come back with a guilty verdict. 4 years in prison ain't so bad when you consider what CM did. Or did MJ do it to himself? That's the 64,000 dollar question.

If MJ was getting "MILK" every night that would really take a toll on him. That's a drug you should only have when having surgery. He could have been hungover from the night before plus it can't be good for you to have all that medication in your body. No wonder he wasn't well. There had to be a Doctor prescribing all this medication. You can't just pick it up at 7/11.

and how many doctors did MJ have prescribing drugs? He was a known doctor shopper. I thought it was common knowledge that he was a drug addict addicted to Demerol and the gambit of drugs that fall into that category

MJ died under the care of Murray, and apparently from the combination of propathal (sp) and other meds. But, how do we know that this was the first time MJ had ever used this for his sleeplessness. Where would he even come up with this idea to use it? And another fact that was brought out was that during the day the doc went home to sleep, it sounded like he was only there at night. Is that right? And if so, how do we know what MJ did during the day. They said no one was allowed into the house. Lots of questions for me. jmo

MJ traveled with an anesthesiologist before. This was nothing new. MJ got exactly what he paid for.

Is Murray Guilty? Probably.... But in all honesty, I just don't care....and I doubt I'd convict him. Malpractice definately. Criminal Liability, no

It was reported that when the tape was played today, the family looked at each other in shock...maybe they think it isn't him?

They were in shock IMO because they've spent a lifetime covering for MJ and lying for him. Painting him as something he wasnt and proctecting the image.

MJ traveled with an anesthesiologist before. This was nothing new. MJ got exactly what he paid for.

Is Murray Guilty? Probably.... But in all honesty, I just don't care....and I doubt I'd convict him. Malpractice definately. Criminal Liability, no

If a doctor though his malpractice ,without reguard to law ,regulation or protocol harmed me in anyway. I would think he should be held legally liable wether criminal or monitary.

Otherwise what is to stop doctors from (like doctor Murry) WILLFULL malpractice? If I had asked for illegal drug treatment I too should be held accountable. Like say I told my doctor I was ADHD to try and score adderal and I said I couldnt function without them ,yet the doctor knows I am not adhd and that I just want them. So to make me happy and keep me going to him ,he gives me them and I overdose on a drug I never needed because I had a problem and the doctor KNEW I didnt need them.

Alot of doctors are doing this and it is devastating families and lives across the county.
This is how I see this case (as of right now anyway). Micheal Jackson didnt need propofol and Murray knew that.

I believe MJ's addiction started when he his hair caught on fire in the Pepsi commercial.He was in a lot of pain and was put on painkillers.I am sure with the facial surgeries he had,more painkillers.A downward slope leading to his demise.We must remember ,this wasn't a prescription drug.You cannot go in a pharmacy and buy it over the counter.MJ shouldn't have gotten Propofol in the first place.It's all about the money passed down the line.I am sure any number of celebrities and musicians could give you names of the big drug dealing doctors around the city.Drugs are big business and brings in lots of revenue.I think of Anna Nicole Smith and how she was prescribed a cocktail of drugs under different names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother