Conrad Murray trial -Day thriteen.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
While I am watching this video out of the corner of my eye I noticed another thing. Did they find any disposable gloves at the scene? Another thing Murray was not too fussy about perhaps??

While I am watching this video out of the corner of my eye I noticed another thing. Did they find any disposable gloves at the scene? Another thing Murray was not too fussy about perhaps??

Yes, they did find gloves.

Some of you may have seen this already but this is the state's theory as to what happened:

Several days after Jackson's death, law enforcement found numerous bottles of Propofol in that closet, including a large, empty, 100ml bottle with a large tear in the rubber stopper. The tear could be critical evidence. There are two ways of administering Propofol. The first is sticking a syringe into the rubber stopper, withdrawing a small amount and then injecting it into the tubing. The second way is by using a spike -- which creates a tear in the rubber stop -- and connects the entire bottle of Propofol to the tube.

Dr. Dombrowski says if a spike is used to connect the bottle directly to the IV tube, the doctor must use an infusion pump to regulate the flow of Propofol -- otherwise, the patient could easily OD. There was no infusion pump found in Jackson's home.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/01/coverup-michael-jackson-death-propofol-dr-conrad-murray-lapd-iv/

Now that infusion machine they are showing for propofol is more in line with what I imagine a person would need to administer this type if drug.

Is that Dr. White they are showing behind defense playing on a laptop? If he is looking for arguments against this testimony he is probably out of luck.

Written informed consent not verbal is a big deal here I am thinking.

First thing said in an In-service for Documentation:
"Document. Document. Document."

Second thing said: "If it wasn't documented, it was NOT done / checked!"

I love this guy!!!

I've been entranced by Dr. Shafer's testimony and video. I've had 3 surgeries since MJ died, and I've always asked if propofol is going to be used. I haven't mentioned Michael Jackson, though. I've never gotten a straight answer even when I say I know it is a good medication. I could have insisted, I suppose, but I was hungry and wanted to get the surgery over with.

I would imagine that Dr. Shafer gets that question all the time since Dr. Murray mis-administered the drug. After watching most of the video, I feel a lot better about the anaestesiologist (sp??) I well understand why he felt he needed this public forum.

There are so many commercial breaks on HLN that I cannot get a good read on how this video is going over with the jury. I hope it isn't as disjointed as it feels to me now.

Excellent demo and explanation by Dr. Shafer. I cannot imagine another experienced anesthesiologist disputing what he has said.

See you all after the break

I couldn't believe how many commericial breaks HLN took during this important Video testimony. Very annoying, IMO

There are so many commercial breaks on HLN that I cannot get a good read on how this video is going over with the jury. I hope it isn't as disjointed as it feels to me now.

You should be watching the TMZ live feed - there are no commercials and much higher quality.

www.tmz.com

I am watching online on TMZ and also have HLN on tv. The uninterrupted TMZ showing of the video testimony didn't feel disjointed at all to me.

Did you see the part where the doctor was talking about how the anesthesiologist is constantly taking notes down in the chart throughout the whole process and he looked over at the jurors, smiled and said just like all of you are right now.

Jean Casaras said just now on HLN that the jurors were riveted to this video and testimony. She said some were sitting on the edges of their seats watching it and many of them were constantly taking notes.

I would probably ask that question if I was having surgery too. Maybe not phrased that way, but I would inquire into what anesthetic they were going to use now when before I wouldn"t have had any idea of what any of them were.

A month ago or so, my DH was having the Informed Consent session with the Gastro-enterologist and the anesthesiologist who were to perform the colonoscopy and the anesthesia. When DH heard that they were gonna administer good ol' Propofol, that's what he asked, "Is that the drug that killed MJ?" and the anesthesiologist explained all about it. I'm sure that same question has indeed been asked thousands of times by now during I.Consent sessions.

I am watching online on TMZ and also have HLN on tv. The uninterrupted TMZ showing of the video testimony didn't feel disjointed at all to me.

Did you see the part where the doctor was talking about how the anesthesiologist is constantly taking notes down in the chart throughout the whole process and he looked over at the jurors, smiled and said just like all of you are right now.

Jean Casaras said just now on HLN that the jurors were riveted to this video and testimony. She said some were sitting on the edges of their seats watching it and many of them were constantly taking notes.

THANK YOU. That makes me feel better. I will try and switch over to the TMZ stream because HLN cuts away too often.

I don't see how Dr. Shafer is going to finish his direct and cross examination today. I bet we have court tomorrow, at least a partial day.

pro bono? OK, but he is getting notoriety just for being involved and testifying on this case. People who have had surjury, may be familiar with propofol. If his patients are questioning him about HIM using propofol on them, then they don't trust him very much. Is it just me. I would be sitting there thinking (if I were on the jury) do you think I am that gullible and ignorant!!!JMOO.

Although an anesthesiologist is the "sleep" doctor (some call them "gas passers" for obvious reasons) during a surgical procedure or a Code Blue, patients don't ever really have a doctor/patient relationship with an anesthesiologist -- unless someone has surgery fairly often.

In my experience, I met with the anesthesiologist for about 15 minutes about a week or so prior to my brain surgery and I haven't seen him since -- which is good. He was a neat guy, very likable. I remember what he looked like, his name and his manner, but what we had that day was not a real relationship. We were together for about 4 hours during my surgery, but thanks to him, I don't remember him at all during that time!

Exactly. And that is why pre-op meds are administrated to patients.

Oh yesssssssssshhh they are, and they are just glooooorioussss.
icon10.gif
After that, it's kinda like, "Propofol, scmopofol, bring it on you cute little doctor, you."

Can you tell I grew up in the 60's??
icon11.gif

Good point, Thundar. I don't recall anything said about disposable gloves. Hmmmm.

Good point, Thundar. I don't recall anything said about disposable gloves. Hmmmm.

Yes, there were gloves. Remember there was some of them found on the floor in the bedroom. I can't remember if they found the box of gloves or not.

Wedneday afternoon court session resumed precisely at 1:30 pm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back