GUILTY Conrad Murray Trial - Verdict Watch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:Your jokes are funnier & always top mine! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

(You're excused to leave the thread now.)

But...but...but I just came back!:D:back::back:

Pleeeze dont make me leave!:rocker:

I was hoping they'd deliberate through the week-end.
Don't jurors normally?

It depends on the state and poor California is so broke and cant afford to pay for court staff for additional hours.

Now in my state of Georgia... Judges have been known to let jurors deliberate Saturday and a half day on Sunday.

IMO

If anyone watches the T/Hs for their information then they can be led to believe anything.

That is why I much prefer watching the case gavel to gavel on line where I miss none of the actual trial testimony.

I don't think I have ever seen a case where I felt it was a slam dunk case although I certainly have seen a lot of them where I think the state proved their case beyond a reasonable doubt and the jury agreed.

That is simply not the truth. There is a link either on this thread or the previous one where a doctor was convicted of involuntary manslaughter by administering a drug in a home clinic and the patient died. The victim was a dishwasher, iirc.

I will find the article again.

So this is NOT about it being Michael Jackson. This is all about trying to obtain justice for a victim who lost his life by the hands of another.

Oh I found the article.

February 26, 2011|By Hector Becerra, Los Angeles Times
Nearly three years after a 30-year-old man died on the operating table at an Inglewood home turned into a neighborhood clinic, a Los Angeles County Superior Court jury Friday convicted the surgeon of involuntary manslaughter.

Dr. Roberto Bonilla, 64, was found guilty in a Torrance courthouse in the death of Osvaldo Hernandez, a restaurant dishwasher and illegal immigrant from Mexico who had paid the surgeon several thousand dollars in cash to relieve a sharp pain in his belly.
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/feb/26/local/la-me-0226-home-surgery-20110226

JUSTICE FOR ALL!

IMO

I think what my brain surgeon called an "anesthesia event" when he & I were discussing my upcoming surgery, does happen from time to time. Those "events" can occur in a fully staffed and outfitted O/R or a similar outpatient facility, and if it looks like an error occurred, things are handled sotto voce and payment is made by the insurance company or the hospital, if necessary, and agreed upon by the parties involved. Those kinds of things usually don't make it to court or if so, as has been said, it is not a world event because "only" your next door neighbor was on that table.

These kinds of things DO happen, but they happen in the appropriate arena -- ask an anesthesiologist (or radiologist, but they are not the subject here) why his or her malpractice insurance is higher than average -- "hours of boredom punctuated by moments of sheer terror" -- you've heard that phrase.

And if the parties cannot agree, it goes to civil court for hashing out...

Some events are from true mistakes, and sometimes "things just happen." Not every birth is perfect; not every appendectomy or knee replacement is perfect. But anesthesia events do happen, and the only reason we know is because it IS our next door neighbor...

How many MJ-like events have occurred?? This IMO is most likely the first of its kind, thank-you, God. Let's pray that it's the last.

This June 25, 2009, "anesthesia event" was not merely a civil matter. There was nothing "civil" about it.

JMO

It makes me a bit worried that they are not done yet deliberating. I hope there re not one or two hold outs that are siding with Murray. On the car radio today, on KFI, I heard two defense attorneys talking about how strong they thought the DT closing arguments were. UUGGHHHHHHH

People who have tickets for seats in the courtroom have also been notified to come.(HLN)

How in the world could all those folks be notified?? Hmmm, sounds funky to me, HLN.

BBM

I can definitely see why there are people who believe MJ is an addict.
He admitted to being addicted to demerol and to going to a rehab & treatment in England and in CA.... yrs ago.

However, I am one of the ones who believes he was "in recovery" and not actively abusing drugs.

As a nurse who worked many years on detox & rehab units, I know what long time active addicts have in their
blood, their urine, their system, what their vital organs are like on autopsy, but mainly how functional they are.

Based on what I know and what all I've heard and seen about Michael Jackson in the yrs, months, weeks, days prior to his death...
IMO, MJ was not actively abusing drugs.

People in recovery are ALWAYS told, when they need to take meds, especially mind altering drugs/narcotics/meds...
to make sure it's someone they trust, someone that knows what they're doing, and to hold onto, administer & supervise the meds for them.

Michael did do that when he felt he needed demerol for a procedure, when he needed something for sleep,
and probably other times he needed to take medication.

MJ's autopsy report stated that he was in better health than most 50 yr old men.
It said his vital organs appeared to be in very good condition.... including his cardio vascular system.

The only time MJ was feeling "dope sick" was a week or days prior to his death.
The only time the CEO's of production observed MJ to be acting strange, was during the same time he wasn't feeling well.

During that time, MJ was under the care of a doctor, who was someone MJ trusted, someone
who should've known what he was doing, someone who was constantly observing MJ.

MJ was NOT (IMO) responsible for making sure CM had all the right equipment, that the 02 tanks were filled, that the meds were locked up...
MJ had too many other things for which to be responsible. He hired and was going to pay good money to have someone he trusted to oversee
and supervise and make sure that it all ran smoothly.

OK that's it... something's going on, I think... on HLN.... and they're showing the great seal!! Gotta see what it is. :)

ETA: OK, seems like it was nothing REAL important at the moment.

So I just want to add, that the trial is NOT about MJ.

It's about Dr Conrad Murray, his gross negligence, his failure to supervise and properly care for MJ as he should have, as other doctors would have.

And all the other things he did and did not do to save MJ's life.

And this is why I hang on WebSleuths!!!

Thank you, sweet peace9274, for speaking to us from a medical caregiver's point of view on drug-dependent and drug-dependent-in-recovery patients. We have lawyers, nurses, computer- and telecom- techs, accounting professionals, etc., etc., that always add so much to cases we are following here at WebSleuths.

Your view of MJ, and others like him, is invaluable to me, since I am, fortunately, a step away from the realities and facts about addiction and addiction-recovery. I am thankful that I have been fortunate enuff to be at arm's length from it, but I realize that tomorrow or the next day, my world could be different. I am not naive to it, but I have not had to deal with it directly so far in my lucky little life.

Some of the articles "out there" in cyber-world about MJ are a come-on for "come to our treatment center" we have had celebrities "like" MJ or "like" Lohan..... but they haven't treated either of those, although their article titles make it seem so. Pure junk, and worse, a total waste of time and space.

And your words here about MJ do bring us back down to earth and remind us about the reality that he may have faced. Lonely, private and scary. Dangerous, too. And it is from a professional's experience and point-of-view. Something a bit more real, down-to-earth and practical.

I thank you, and please don't stop.
icon12.gif

I know the trial that happened way back 6 years ago is off topic but I will say this.

We all could see that MJ was taking sedatives during the trial. Like Tom Mes. said 'who wouldnt?..... it was the most devastating time of his life that he was having to endure.' I don't even take meds but I sure would if I had been accused falsely of something this horrific. I would have to take them in order to get through it all.

People have to be treated if they truly need medication whether it is for pain or anxiety. We learned that in the trial about Anna Nicole Smith trial.

In fact iirc in 2006 a law was passed in California that a doctor cant refuse to treat anyone who they believe has legitimate pain or emotional issues.

IMO

Why can't we as a society just "get it" when it comes to "mental" sickness? Even the term, "mental" is negative and judgmental. Still.

If someone's stomach is sick, it's okay to say to our co-workers, "Oh, I was out yesterday with stomach problems." No big deal when it's, "I have some back problems, so I need to leave early to see the doctor," or, "My allergies are acting up again, so I have to get another prescription."

But when someone says, "I need to go to my psychiatrist because I'm not well, and I'm having sleeping problems again," or "I'm having a bit of anxiety today, so I'm going to leave early to see my therapist."

Muscle therapy is okay, but mental therapy isn't. Why can't we just get over it? Our brains, our minds, are organs, too. And aren't we glad we have 'em?

Just sayin.'
icon11.gif

oh bloody ell, DH came home tonight and said the jury was gonna find him not guilty. He said the same thing w/Casey Anthony. I hope he's wrong.

Mel

I've never been and still am not a MJ fan. I like to watch him dance, but that's it--I don't care for his singing. That being said, if I was sitting on this jury, it would not be taking me this long to find Conrad Murray guilty.

He lied in his self-serving statement to the police saying that HE insisted on an autopsy when clearly this was not his call to make. He comforted the children? This is false too according to witnesses. He failed to mention the Propofol when asked directly by EMTs and hospital staff what medications he had given him. He witnessed the arrest. But then he said he came back into the room after being gone only 2 minutes (another lie as proven by the phone records) and found MJ not breathing. All these lies cause me not to believe a word he said. I don't even believe he only gave him 25mg of Propofol--he kept no records, so he could just have said any amount. I believe he gave him more than that and also a drip. The Propofol bottle in the slit saline bag had a spike puncture in it from being attached to the IV tubing, not a needle puncture. A drip would be the only reason that spike puncture was there.

Conrad Murray caused the death of MJ. WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG FOR A VERDICT!!!!!!? MOO

Maybe the jury has made a decision and agreed to ponder it over the weekend??

Someone said earlier on this thread:

"The autopsy released is not necessarily the autopsy findings"

That is patently false. I don't like letting false statements like this go uncorrected, because this is the way that Conspiracy Theories get started, and I don't like Conspiracy Theories.

The autopsy released is the OFFICIAL autopsy, the same autopsy that was testified to in court and is probably in evidence in this case. End of story.

Thanks for keeping us honest, oosl.
icon14.gif

BBM One of the most memorable quotes of the trial. :floorlaugh::crazy::innocent:

:lol:But we really do need for them to include Brazil's face, too. :giggle:

She really tried to keep it in the road!!!

I can still see her teeny-tiny smirk!! :rolleyes:

LOLOLOLOL

:lol::floorlaugh::lol:

When she first said "I need to take care of my instrument."

My 1st thought was... oh please God, don't let her say it's her body.

I've heard men refer to their "best friend" as their instrument, tool, toy, handle, member....

... but please GAWD... not someone of the same, fair and always appropriate, sex that I am!!!

Now wait just a minnit!!!

I have an instrument, and it's long, skinny, and black with lots of silver bling on it, so don't go off on instruments, Okay, Lady???

:dramaqueen: It's my clarinet, if ya gotta know. Hmmmmfffff!:dramaqueen:

It wasn't just that she said it but the expression and hand motion going down her torso was what got me cracking up. She was so proud of her moment up there on the stand. :floorlaugh:

Fo-to op.

Gotta get 'em where you can get 'em, okay????

It's tuff in show biz, folks...

Thank you, outofstatelawyer....
That's sweet of you to say.

I really AM a proud mom... of all 3 sons.

But I feel guilty now for not bragging about son # 3,
so please bear with me while I post that he works for
Comedy Central... as on-air artist.

TIA! :)

Well, well, well, now it comes out, peace!

No wonder your words are so well-thought and stated. And then you are such a stitch sometimes. Aha!

You are the one who has given them their talent for this.... Now we know!!

Bravo!

oh bloody ell, DH came home tonight and said the jury was gonna find him not guilty. He said the same thing w/Casey Anthony. I hope he's wrong.

Mel

Hi Melanie... :)

Your post is really scary to me! :eek: :doorhide:
I keep wondering what's the delay with the verdict? :pullhair: :panic:

Did your DH say why he said he knows the verdict will be not guilty? :eek: :tears:

Is he aware of something we're not getting/seeing; that we forgot? :doh: :noooo:

Or is it just a "man's intuition"? :rolleyes: :slapfight:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back