Contaminated Evidence or New Knife Found at Crime Scene?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The items listed as coming from the car are listed as H-51975:

the items on page 42 have the same item number
Art # 1, Item # H-51975 (Sealed box)

From the evidence mentioned above I collected the following Items:
· Black plastic bag with yellow pull handles.
· Pull-ups “with flowers design” collected from the back pack “Adorable”
· Stainless steel knife

QUOTE]
snipped from Lancelotlink
Haven't had time to read whole thread but it just struck me like lightening (maybe I'm slow and someone already noted this).

A black plastic bag with yellow handles found in car with items inside.
A black plastic bag with yellow handles body was in.

This is going to be one of the BIG factors that helps convict her cause it's easy for the FBI to identify that two bags come from the same batch. She's cooked.

I thought the same thing about the knife being a second knife. However, ishouldbeworking pointed out that the numbers for the evidence listed on page 42 are the same numbers for the evidence items taken from the car on page 2. I went back and re read and I concur with ishouldbeworking.
I believe there was only one knife.

I agree. When the docs first came out yesterday I saw that the evidence chain of custody docs listed the remains scene and the box sequentially, but on different days.

I think in their excitement to get out a news report that the reporters conflated the two, and jumped to a conclusion. This has since been blown up into "fact".

If there was also a knife found with the body, I doubt it was used for the murder. It would have blood evidence on it. Casey would not have cleaned the knife if she was just going to dump it with the body. I agree, I think there was one knife that was found in the trunk of her car.

buy_%20790.jpg
prod_popup_cool.jpg

some flowers are on these PULL UPS

pullups_girls.jpg

She sure is sure of herself
so is her counsel

However, because I am a coveter of cutlery, I would never confuse a dinner knife with a stainless steel one, because I have different purposes in mind for their use. A steel knife would be used as a task knife, chopping nuts, veggies, other stuff in the kitchen. A dinner knife would be just that.

However, that being said, was the dinner knife ever actually given to LE? I thought Cindy said she'd washed it and put it away.

My dinnerware set (flatware) is stainless steel. LE has the dinnerware knife in evidence inventory. There is only one knife associated with this case. It is almost certainly a stainless steel dinnerware knife.

The last time George says he saw Caylee with Casey she had a MONKEY backpack...

That little blue-ish purple guy on the backpack, he's Dora's friend "Boots" and he's a monkey. Maybe Caylee had an affinity for Boots so it was known there was a monkey on it etc etc. although I don't think he looks too much like a monkey. I have learned these characters because my daughter loves Dora the Explorer. I have seen this backpack in stores and thought about getting it for my daughter although she's still too little. Very sad.

I agree. When the docs first came out yesterday I saw that the evidence chain of custody docs listed the remains scene and the box sequentially, but on different days.

I think in their excitement to get out a news report that the reporters conflated the two, and jumped to a conclusion. This has since been blown up into "fact".

Maybe someone should email K. Belich about this...she's pretty good about reading her email and responding. This is a big deal, I would think. They did report, as previously posted, that a separate knife was found with the body, and obviously there wasn't. :confused:

There no mention of a book found at the crime scene. We all seem the book from the crime scene pitcures. I think Docs are not complete.

There no mention of a book found at the crime scene. We all seem the book from the crime scene pitcures. I think Docs are not complete.

I get the feeling that they aren't either. Admittedly, I haven't thoroughly gone over them, but I have read over them once and they just don't seem to be complete. Anyone else agree?

Also, I know that there were seperate time frames given to the defense at the last motions hearing, so logically, we can expect more to come in the next month or so, right? :confused:

It's still early for me.

ETA: re; the book, maybe this is something LE is "keeping close"? Not sure why, again, it's still early for me.

Didn't CA take the KNIFE out of the car & wash it? So how then did the KNIFE end up in the bag of things taken from the car?..It doesn't say it was collected from her so was there another KNIFE in the car she didn't see & take or did they just omit that part?

A lot of people have seen what they 'think' is a book at the crime scene. This was first brought up by either a TV news item or an article in the Orlando Sentinal, I can't remember, and the posters here did an awesome job of trying to pin down whether it was a book or not and what else is in the crime scene photos.

Unfortunately, there is no definitive picture at this time and some posters don't think there was a book. So while some may think they have seen the book, others don't. I am one who doesn't think there was a book at the scene. After reding the latest reports, if a little horse was mentioned as being found at the scene, I think a book and any other children's articles, such as stuffed animals, etc. would have been mentioned too. I guess we will just have to wait until the trial or further document dumps to see whether or not there was a book at the scene.

Just a point of clarification: a single small toy horse was reported from the crime scene.

thanks Hot Dogs! I will edit my post - you are right I need to be specific when I talk about what was found.

This may be totally off base....maybe I didn't pay attention as well as I should have....but I didn't see a "detailed" list of things from the remains site. They mentioned some of what was found, but not a numbered list. They didn't mention "the horse" at the scene, but it was in the search warrant. I have an idea that we have yet to see ALL the things at the crime scene. Also, a total listing of items removed from the house from the search warrants wasn't in the docs, as well. Maybe they don't list everything they take...just the generalization in the actual warrant ?

ETA : there were other posts having similar thoughts....always mess up trying to do multiple quotes...LOL

Just on my local news WTAE PITTSBURGH CANNEL 4.............the reporter just said what was inside the bag that Caylee was in..........yes there was a stainless steel knife!

The other knife was in the trunk that CA washed and put back in her drawer with other knives. CA claimed it was a butterknife......................do we believe CA at all?
NOT ME! well there were 2 knives..........and on JVM, Mark said 'slicing' one time with words like you know those nuns would want it videoed.............was it real, clothes showed slicing? the velveeta cheese? after death? What kind of stainless steel knife??
Does it say anywhere like how long? etc? TIA

Just a point of clarification: a single small toy horse was reported from the crime scene.

LE looking for the rest of the horses in house, horse/pony was suppose to come in a pack with other horse things..........could it be like 'my painted pony'? or polly pocket things? It's been awhile since I had to buy these pony things.

buy_%20790.jpg
prod_popup_cool.jpg

some flowers are on these PULL UPS

pullups_girls.jpg

She sure is sure of herself
so is her counsel

what great sleuthing for older people like me, I don't buy baby things anymore. Don't even go into the aisles, so this is new for me!

Just on my local news WTAE PITTSBURGH CANNEL 4.............the reporter just said what was inside the bag that Caylee was in..........yes there was a stainless steel knife!

It would be very important to know if the WTAE reporter got their info from WFTV.

FWIW, my dinnerware knives are stainless steel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hulet
Back