Convictions of Murder Without A Body

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MODS please feel free to delete this if there is already a thread or discussion on this.

Just in case CA isn't ever found, what precedent cases are there for trials where the victim's body wasn't ever recovered, including cases in which the prosecution won AND lost---so we can examine the evidence that worked successfully in the won convictions. Of course "burden of evidence" and "beyond a reasonable doubt" are vague terms and every DA, judge and jury is different, but let's compare all these cases to what we know LE has in CA's case.

MODS please feel free to delete this if there is already a thread or discussion on this.

Just in case CA isn't ever found, what precedent cases are there for trials where the victim's body wasn't ever recovered, including cases in which the prosecution won AND lost---so we can examine the evidence that worked successfully in the won convictions. Of course "burden of evidence" and "beyond a reasonable doubt" are vague terms and every DA, judge and jury is different, but let's compare all these cases to what we know LE has in CA's case.

http://www.nobodymurdercases.com/no_body.pdf

I just watched two different segments the other nite.
"Forensic science" and "Body of evidence" both of those the person's were convicted..

I have all the faith in the system and the Jury to read the writing on the walls. This case should go to Trial..Listening to all this Defense attorney's you would think it won't happen:boohoo:..I will bet it will ..

I didn't open The Diane Diamond article I saw enough of her BS during another trial.:furious:

I think LE has so much evidence that hasn't been released that we hopefully will be shocked..PLZ
LE :blowkiss:

I just went to Dogpile.com and typed in murder convictions without a body and I found 4 right off the bat..can't figure links but here are the names:
Scharf
Homberg
Merriman
Han Reiser.

There are probably more, but this shows it can be done and with Casey with the evidence in the trunk, I think the Jury will convict.
Forensic and DNA are a great tool today.

Please make Casey pay for this horrendous Crime.:furious:

RIP Caylee

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. How weird is it that these 2 cases are just alike?

There are a lot of similarities. The one thing different is this mother actually reported her daughter missing. She begged and pleaded for the kidnapper to return her daughter. She cried over and over and even took the stand in her own defense. We have seen nothing to this affect from Casey or Cindy and George for that matter.

"Although it’s unknown if there was any particular piece of evidence or testimony that persuaded the jury to reach its verdict, some courtroom observers felt a call McCollough-White’s father, Richard McCollough, made to Conway police the day before Kynande vanished may have tipped the scale towards the state.

A tape of the call was played in court and Mr. McCollough is heard saying he feared Kynande was being abused. He said his daughter would not let him in her apartment, so he was unable to check on Kynande himself."

I hope this is what is the nail in Casey's coffin. Cindy's first 911 phone call and her own father's interview with with the police. I think the jury will see that as very damning that her own parents think that she's a murderer.

There are a lot of similarities. The one thing different is this mother actually reported her daughter missing. She begged and pleaded for the kidnapper to return her daughter. She cried over and over and even took the stand in her own defense. We have seen nothing to this affect from Casey or Cindy and George for that matter.

True. True.

Here is another interesting case where the mother claimed her daughter was kidnapped...

http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=6532&st=20

I think the state has more evidence against KC than this person. It infuriates me that she only received 20 years though. It wasn't mentioned how old she was but I'm guessing she was in her 20's. She will be out by the time she's 40. It breaks my heart that her father believes her and asked for leniency. This is very similar to KC's cruelty towards her parents. I really think that they believe that Caylee will return and KC is enjoying every bit of torturing her parents.

I have seen many cases recently on various crime networks that there have been convictions without a body.
Each time I think of this case and Caylee and it gives me hope that the jury will convict KC.

I have seen many cases recently on various crime networks that there have been convictions without a body.
Each time I think of this case and Caylee and it gives me hope that the jury will convict KC.

I am gaining much encouragement by reading about these cases. In many of them cadaver dog hits were some of the strongest evidence. I too believe the 911 call from Cindy will be one of the many "nails in the coffin". IMO

Dr. Bierenbaum was convicted of murdering his wife although the wife's remains were never found.

Dr. Bierenbaum contended that his wife ran away with another man. Or if his wife is no longer living Dr. Bierenbaum's defense said she may have been killed in an accident or by suicide or some other way.

There was NO decomposition in the Dr.'s trunk or any forensic evidence. BUT Dr. Bierenbaum was CONVICTED of murder...

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/k/gail_katzbierenbaum/index.html

Dr. Bierenbaum was convicted of murdering his wife although the wife's remains were never found.

Dr. Bierenbaum contended that his wife ran away with another man. Or if his wife is no longer living Dr. Bierenbaum's defense said she may have been killed in an accident or by suicide or some other way.

There was NO decomposition in the Dr.'s trunk or any forensic evidence. BUT the Dr. Bierenbaum was CONVICTED of murder...

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/k/gail_katzbierenbaum/index.html

This is a good case to note where the prosecution didn't even have evidence to prove the victim was dead. I also think this contributes to why the Dr. only received a 20-year sentence. I really enjoyed reading this part... Hopefully with all the evidence LE has on Casey it won't come down to a play such as this on on the defense... nevertheless this one was interesting:

In his closing argument, the lawyer told the jurors that if they had any reasonable doubt they had to acquit the defendant. What if the victim was still ''wandering around,'' he asked aloud.

Then, he cried out, ''Oh my god, there she is!'' The jurors, as one, turned to the courtroom door. Of course, no one was there.

A slam-dunk, or so it would seem. Instead, the jury deliberated for 20 minutes and voted to convict. The forewoman praised the lawyer's tactic, except for one small oversight: The lone person who did not look up to the courtroom door was none other than his client.

I am gaining much encouragement by reading about these cases. In many of them cadaver dog hits were some of the strongest evidence. I too believe the 911 call from Cindy will be one of the many "nails in the coffin". IMO

agreed
I also think all of the circumstantial evidence, one on top of the other
there is alot of it and it paints the picture of guilt IMO

One of the dr Baden cases had a woman that was murdered and all that was found was a breast implant, and apparently they have a unique number on them, they contacted her plastic surgeon and that is how they proved she was no longer alive. The husband was convicted.

Thought I'd bump this thread for JB to read before he starts his case tomorrow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895
Back