Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But isn't it in this kind of situation even more important than ever to do ones best to be rational and clear-headed, instead of being illogical and in fear of things that are not causing the virus?

Nope not for me which is why as the article pointed out that Australia Chinatown is a ghost town. The media is feeding this frenzy and the repercussions are 10 fold. I am not stopping people eating Chinese food if they wish but I certainly won’t be and neither will my friends anytime soon.

People are of course free to react how they wish to with this virus but I'm not taking unnecessary chances as I don’t know where these chiefs have been on holiday recently or where their family members have been.

The local Fish and Chip Shop if i want a treat will do just fine at the moment.

IMO

I'm stunned by the depth of #coronavirus information being released in #Singapore. On this website you can see every known infection case, where the person lives and works, which hospital they got admitted to, and the network topology of carriers, all laid out on a time-series ® ¥ ¨ † å ® ø on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200304_081543.png
    IMG_20200304_081543.png
    226 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200304_081533.jpg
    IMG_20200304_081533.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20200304_081538.jpg
    IMG_20200304_081538.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200304_081543.png
    IMG_20200304_081543.png
    226 KB · Views: 12
Coronavirus: there are 2 types, Chinese researchers find, while authorities say faeces and urine can transmit the infection

The coronavirus has evolved into two major types, with differing transmission rates and geographical distribution, according to a study published in the National Science Review on Tuesday.

A group of Chinese scientists analysed 103 coronavirus genomes and identified mutations in 149 sites across the strains.

They found that one type, which they called the L type, was more prevalent than the other, the S type, meaning it was more infectious. They also found that the L type had evolved from the S type, and that the L type was far more widespread before January 7 and in Wuhan, ground zero of the outbreak.

Coronavirus: there are 2 different types of the strain, Chinese study finds

How could this affect development of a vaccine? I imagine it makes development more difficult. Could scientists develop a vaccine the prevents both strains or would more than one vaccine be required? I’m hoping it would be like the flu vaccine and protects against three or four strains depending on the vaccine.

BBM

OT—LOL And the BBM is how antibiotics ended up being handed out indiscriminately! Doc, I need to function! But I think steroids used carefully can be “lifesaver” when you need to function. Just before a trip to NYC with friends in October 2018, my bad back got even “badder.” The orthopedist prescribed a 7 day pack of steroids for inflammation and an MRI on my return. Those precious pills allowed me to walk all over NYC (7 miles on two different days) and even walk across the Brooklyn Bridge (bucket list). I still hurt, but I functioned for three weeks on the east coast with lots of walking that I never could have done otherwise. But frequent use can cause side effects unfortunately.
There are some positives to taking steroids for sure. I had a series of Prednisone tablets prescribed back in November as I ended up with bronchitis from upper respiratory infection that was lingering too long. The directions were to take the pills in high amount the first day (started with 6) to low amount by the end (down to 1 tablet the last day). This is because when taking steroids you should also not just stop.

I was also prescribed an antibiotic (Ceftin) and Flonase. Doc said the steroids and the Flonase worked as a "team." I did feel immensely better because of all those meds. I tried to let my immune system deal with it at first. Doc said that was the right move, but that at that point I needed meds to help me.

I'm glad for you that they helped in your visit to NYC. There is serious walking to be done in that town.

I wonder if the people in the United States who caught CV, had flu shots? Just wondering if even a flu shot for something else, gives you some immunity to CV.
Flu shot doesn't even always gives you immunity for the flu, let alone coronavirus. I know several people who got flu shots and still got influenza this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski