Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Emergency #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know if this question would be too off topic but has anyone started taking immunity boosters?
Bought some at gummy kind at Target, they are made by Olly and have elderberry, echinacea, zinc, Vit C. They aren’t terrible tasting but not great either. Ive managed to get my husband to take them too, since he travels almost every week. I figure if something is coming now would be the time to build up the immune system. Maybe it just eases my mind more than anything.
Anybody else?

Don’t know if this question would be too off topic but has anyone started taking immunity boosters?
Bought some at gummy kind at Target, they are made by Olly and have elderberry, echinacea, zinc, Vit C. They aren’t terrible tasting but not great either. Ive managed to get my husband to take them too, since he travels almost every week. I figure if something is coming now would be the time to build up the immune system. Maybe it just eases my mind more than anything.
Anybody else?

Yes yes yes. I’m all about the “herbs”. I’ve been wanting to devote a whole post to this.

A very quick note re immunity IMO includes vitamin D, probiotics, vitamin C (of course), mushroom (pills)...grape seed extract, ETC ETC.

Don’t want to power post but can definitely hang on that conversation. All about it.

(ETA: it just occurred to me how hard of a time I have finding dried mushrooms for culinary purposes that are not from China...better check my mushroom pill source moo)

Last edited:
Yes yes yes. I’m all about the “herbs”. I’ve been wanting to devote a whole post to this.

A very quick note re immunity IMO includes vitamin D, probiotics, vitamin C (of course), mushroom (pills)...grape seed extract, ETC ETC.

Don’t want to power post but can definitely hang on that conversation. All about it.

never heard of mushroom pills,
ha, googled that
took me straight to the 'shroom shop'.

ETA ya waterbob is a good idea, Henry.

Last edited:
China is disinfecting money and putting billions on new money into circulation.

I think they're using special UV light and something else (high temperature?) and then storing it for some time before taking it out again.

I don't really see what you can do at home to clean notes, but the ones circulating now are probably cleaner (from Covid-19) than the ones during an outbreak where we live, so I think the best we can do is take some cash out now and put it in a plastic bag in a safe place and not take it out until we go under local 14-day town/city quarantines, or if we get ill and need it to give to a neighbour to go and buy food or medicines for us?

That is one of my concerns, that I live alone and if I was knocked out with fever and bad cough, that I might need a neighbour to buy things for me, so I'd need to be able to give them cash. Although at the rate the prices on a certain online delivery site are going, I could just buy a few bottles of hand sanitizer, cos soon they'll be selling at £100 for the little handy-size bottles. Fortunately stores are starting to get some fresh stocks of hand sanitizer gels in again. About a week ago the main supermarkets home delivery portals didn't have any in stock...which just goes to show that there are people out there taking this seriously and stocking up.

Twitter

"Pants work just fine to cut off novel coronavirus transmission in farts, a Beijing district disease control center announced on Sunday."

More evidence we are in the Twilight Zone.

—-

ETA:
Considering “toilet paper” has been a major player in this conversation, I had the flashback of Sheryl Crow with the one square, anyone remember that? Googling.

(ETA2:

Sheryl Crow's view on toilet paper: one sheet a visit

Crow Clears Air About Toilet Paper Comment )

Sorry for O/T. I’m being 10o% serious about this toilet paper stuff.

—-
ETA3: If the “toilet paper situation”’escalates, I’ll have to help my friends here and share Plan B. I’ve been out of TP before, hurricanes etc., but that’s TMI. Let’s not put the cart before the horse (again), but if worse comes to worse, I’ve got your back (literally).

Last edited:

Vit D too? I have that. Appreciate your ideas, Thank You

And more so - buy local. :)

- and this is the year I grow a decent garden and can/freeze/share

I've got about a 100 pepper and tomato plants under grow lights right now. The garden is actually full of greens. A couple of thousand square feet of them and many more flats of spring plants started. I do this all the time but this year it might come in handy even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025