Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just do instacart or pickup! Is Publix nearby? If he’s just running in for a few items - maybe not too risky without a mask?
Masks are still required indoors here.

I’ve got friends along the Florida panhandle area that are reporting a lot of flu/severe cold like illness necessitating an urgent care or doctor visit.

One friend double vaccinated got Covid after attending a college football game three months ago and recently had a bad upper respiratory illness plus a stomach bug.
He lives near Tampa. Sounds awful.

Be careful! Enjoy the warm weather!
Just do instacart or pickup! Is Publix nearby? If he’s just running in for a few items - maybe not too risky without a mask?
Masks are still required indoors here.

I’ve got friends along the Florida panhandle area that are reporting a lot of flu/severe cold like illness necessitating an urgent care or doctor visit.

One friend double vaccinated got Covid after attending a college football game three months ago and recently had a bad upper respiratory illness plus a stomach bug.
He lives near Tampa. Sounds awful.

Be careful! Enjoy the warm weather!

The weather is so beautiful here! I made the mistake of going into this one place without a mask cause I didn't think there would be too many people! wrong!!! I do wear the mask to most indoor stores though---- We are hearing more and more vaccinated people getting the virus--- I still won't dine indoors so trying to find some nice outdoor restaurants!!!!

Take care and be well!

Glad to hear that you made it to FL safely. So nice that you are able to enjoy the sunshine and warmth this winter. We have high wind warnings today - hope we don't lose trees like we did several years ago during a similar wind event. Good luck finding a salon/stylist to do your hair. Be well.

Thank you! I checked the Detroit News and saw there are 200,000
people without power in Michigan!!!! Hope you don't lose those trees!!!!

The weather is so beautiful here! I made the mistake of going into this one place without a mask cause I didn't think there would be too many people! wrong!!! I do wear the mask to most indoor stores though---- We are hearing more and more vaccinated people getting the virus--- I still won't dine indoors so trying to find some nice outdoor restaurants!!!!

Take care and be well!
Warm with beautiful weather and no snow to deal with!
Sounds good to me!

Glad to hear that you made it to FL safely. So nice that you are able to enjoy the sunshine and warmth this winter. We have high wind warnings today - hope we don't lose trees like we did several years ago during a similar wind event. Good luck finding a salon/stylist to do your hair. Be well.

Thank you! I checked the Detroit News and saw there are 200,000
people without power in Michigan!!!! Hope you don't lose those trees!!!!

I expected to be watching the Grand Prix Final figure skating competition this weekend but didn't realize that it had been cancelled due to Omicron variant.

Grand Prix Final figure skating event canceled due to coronavirus (nbcsports.com)

The Grand Prix Final, figure skating’s top pre-Olympic competition, has been canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The event will not be held as scheduled in Osaka next week after Japan imposed travel restrictions this week, according to the Japanese figure skating federation.

“Considering the complicated epidemic situation involving travel restrictions, quarantine requirements, safety concerns and logistical challenges, the organization of the event was extremely challenging,” according to an International Skating Union statement. “The Japan Skating Federation and the local organizing committee tried their best to find solutions but ultimately concluded that, regrettably, they are unable to organize and hold the event as planned.”...

Our federal govt announced this morning that booster shots are now available for all once we have reached 5 months since our 2nd covid shot.

We have been able to have a booster at six months up until now. (I was fortunate enough to get my booster (Pfizer) yesterday, as my 2nd AZ shot was exactly 6 months ago.)

Apparently, there is a significant amount of Aussies who will be 5 months out from their 2nd shot once January rolls around, so they have shortened the waiting time to 5 months due to Omicron.

Waiting times for COVID-19 vaccine boosters will be cut from six months to five under plans to be unveiled by the federal government on Sunday.
By December 31, more than 4.1 million Australians will be eligible for a booster, compared to about 1.75 million people if the six-month interval had been retained.
COVID boosters fast-tracked to five months gap, making millions more eligible for third shot

Israel has new data on vaccines (specifically Pfizer, since that is what Israel uses) and Omicron. Two doses (received 5-6 months ago) didn't neutralize omicron, but booster increased the ability of antibodies to neutralize omicron.

"On the other hand, the Sheba study found that the booster dose does increase the ability of the vaccine to work against Omicron by about 100-fold, meaning that there is “significant protection,” Regev Yochay said. “It is lower than the neutralizing ability against the Delta – about four times lower. But it is very optimistic.”"

'Three shots of Pfizer COVID vaccine 4x less effective against Omicron' - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

Israel has new data on vaccines (specifically Pfizer, since that is what Israel uses) and Omicron. Two doses (received 5-6 months ago) didn't neutralize omicron, but booster increased the ability of antibodies to neutralize omicron.

"On the other hand, the Sheba study found that the booster dose does increase the ability of the vaccine to work against Omicron by about 100-fold, meaning that there is “significant protection,” Regev Yochay said. “It is lower than the neutralizing ability against the Delta – about four times lower. But it is very optimistic.”"

'Three shots of Pfizer COVID vaccine 4x less effective against Omicron' - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

Thanks for posting this information

Excellent. I am scheduled for my booster on Monday.

Nadhim Zahawi confirms there are now Omicron cases in UK hospitals | Daily Mail Online

Nadhim Zahawi today revealed there are now patients with Omicron being treated in UK hospitals as he said the new coronavirus variant represents a 'huge bump in the road' for the nation's recovery from the pandemic.

The Education Secretary painted a grim picture of the spread of the mutant strain as he said it now accounts for one third of all cases in London.

He also confirmed that cases of the variant are doubling every two to three days with more than 1,600 formally confirmed so far.

However, Mr Zahawi warned that the actual number of cases of Omicron will be 'up to 10 times that' as he said the vaccine booster programme is now in a 'race against time' against the variant.

His comments came after it emerged that Michael Gove is leading the push for tougher Plan C Covid-19 restrictions, including 'pub passports', after pandemic modelling showed the Omicron variant could cause more hospitalisations than last winter.

South Africa's Omicron outbreak slows, figures suggest | Daily Mail Online

South Africa's Omicron outbreak appeared to slow on Saturday as one leading expert said the population's T-cell immunity against Covid-19 has kept hospitalisations low, and praised the government for not locking down.​

Wow, managed to find a Daily Fail article that is not telling us all to panic.

Take care and be well!
Oh, please, please mask up. Recently 15 of my friends got together for dinner at a local restaurant, after all tested negative for COVID. I declined to join in. Three of the women contacted COVID. One had mild symptoms. Two became very sick. The risk is just too great, IMO.

Oh, please, please mask up. Recently 15 of my friends got together for dinner at a local restaurant, after all tested negative for COVID. I declined to join in. Three of the women contacted COVID. One had mild symptoms. Two became very sick. The risk is just too great, IMO.

You were so smart to decline. What were they thinking? That the pandemic is over?

Connecticut antibodies
Amid surge in COVID-19 patients, Yale New Haven Hospital forced to limit who gets potentially life-saving treatment
more at link
As more patients have developed COVID-19 symptoms over recent months, at least one Connecticut health provider has been forced to limit who receives potentially lifesaving treatment.

“Starting the week after Thanksgiving, the demand for the monoclonal [antibodies] started to far exceed our capacity to deliver it, so we needed to move to a more restrictive criteria,” said LeeAnn Miller, Yale New Haven’s chief pharmacy officer.

“If you are fully vaccinated, you’re not going to be prioritized as high as those who are not fully vaccinated.”

Roll the dice with a rapid test, no masks, indoors.
I have a friend that just got back from a trip to a beautiful resort out of the country and is very sick. Three in the party tested positive the next day after they got back.
All three boostered. Pfizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member