Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #105

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And it helps to express your anxiety too. I think the only reason I realized I had a slight headache was because I never get them.

Yah. It feels good to admit I have some anxiety over it but in a place where I'm not being "judged" and criticized for it. The anxiety started when I realized I'm 1-2 months from being due for the booster. Didn't have to really think about it before.

I don't know why it bothers me but it helps to hear what others have to say. Thanks.
It’s ok!
Hubs had Pfizer for all three and had less side effects with the booster than he did with the second shot.
Got the booster at 8am and by that afternoon he felt tired and a bit headachy. He took a long afternoon nap and had a leisurely dinner with a night of watching tv. Felt better the next day. Nothing by day three.
Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Did anyone get a Pfizer booster?

How were the side effects compared to the first 2 doses?

I'm getting a little nervous ....... I had put off getting the first 2 shots.

First August 2021 and second September 2021.

Yes, DH and I had the Pfizer booster in the first week of October. We got the flu shot in the opposite arm. He had no symptoms to speak of--in fact, he had little reaction to any of the shots. I just had a sore arm for a day or so after the booster.

Yah. It feels good to admit I have some anxiety over it but in a place where I'm not being "judged" and criticized for it. The anxiety started when I realized I'm 1-2 months from being due for the booster. Didn't have to really think about it before.
I had a tender arm and felt tired for a day, but that was all. And I had my flu jab at the same time too.

I did! I woke up the next day with my armpit hurting on the side I got the shot. I also got the flu shot at the same time. It was my lymph node. It really bothered me but Advil took the pain away. With the first and second I didn’t have a reaction at all.

I got a Pfizer booster and AZ for the first two doses. On all three occasions I got a fever and had to lie down for about half a day. The first shot was the worst, it also gave me chills. After the booster, my arm hurt for a couple of days.

I had all three Pfizer. First one, sore arm. Second one, sore arm and chills, so I got in my comfy bed and watched Netflix for a day. Third one, sore arm (both arms, because flu shot at the same time) but less sore than for the first two. BUT . . . watching Netflix in my comfy bed and having my husband bring me coffee and soup was kinda fun, so I did it again, anyway. ;)

You got this CC!
I received my booster and flu shot at the same time. I was extremely nervous, as I felt achy for about 48 hrs after my second shot. When I received the booster and flu shot, it was actually not as I feared. It was very similar to how I feel when I get my flu shot each year, blah and achy for about 12 hours.

ETA: All three for me were Moderna

Italy Covid: Bullet forces immunologist to get protection

One of Italy's premier immunology experts on coronavirus has been given police protection after she was sent a bullet inside a letter threatening her and her family.

Prof Antonella Viola was apparently targeted because of her public backing for children to be vaccinated.

Public figures have come under increased threat in several European countries this week.

A number of French MPs were threatened as they debated a vaccine pass law.

And on Wednesday night, the home of Dutch political leader Sigrid Kaag was attacked by a conspiracy theorist waving a flaming torch and live-streaming it on Facebook.

In Italy, immunologist Prof Viola - head of a paediatric research institute in the northern city of Padua - confirmed on Facebook that she had received a bullet and a letter that threatened her or her family with being shot if she did not say no to children being vaccinated.

I have to fess up-- I got my covid vaccine shots and booster
but I have never had a flu shot and dont plan on getting one--
you may ask why-- I am afraid of having an allergic reaction'
they say dont get it if you are allergic to eggs---As far as I know
I am not allergic to eggs, but that does not rule out the possibility
I could be allergic to the flu shot IMO

We got the Pfizer boosters last month. All I had was a sore arm and a bit of fatigue. My husband was really tired and slept most of the following day but wasn't sick or anything.

Billionaire Richard Branson says recovering from 'mild' case of COVID

British billionaire Richard Branson said on Thursday he was recovering from a "mild" case of coronavirus along with his wife and other family members after they tested positive for the Omicron variant.

"Friends & family, including myself and my wife Joan, recently caught omicron. Thanks to all being vaccinated and boosted, our symptoms have been mild," Branson, the founder of Virgin Group, said in a post on Twitter.

I had Pfizer for all three as well. With the first two, the vaccine clinic was held at my place of employment (church) and I just went straight back to work. May have had a slightly sore arm, but that was it. Got the booster on a Friday and had noticeably more arm pain and was fatigued. Didn't need to take Advil or Tylenol for the pain though. Went to bed early and slept late on Saturday but was fine by Monday morning.

My son got the results of his pcr test back and it's positive. He caught what he thinks is omicron on Dec 27th when he used a rapid test. He was infected by his brother-in-law on Christmas Day. My son is fully vaccinated and has had a booster shot. His brother-in-law is fully vaccinated but didn't get boosted. Brother-in-law's pcr came back negative. My son has ordered another pcr and will use it in a few days.

My daughter-in-law, son's wife, still has congestion. She used a rapid test and it was still positive so she's holding off on doing another test until she feels better. She also has MS. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but thought I'd put it here.

The other person is the 81 year old grandfather who's still testing positive, but is not sick and never seemed to be. He is also fully vaccinated and boosted. The four others didn't catch it and have tested negative. They, too, are fully vaxxed and boosted.

All eight of them were together for Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills