Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #106

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She can be back to work if her symptoms are resolving. If she is coughing up a storm her symptoms haven't gone away or resolved. So she shouldn't be back at work.
All healthcare facilities are struggling with staff shortages from housekeeping, dietary, maintenance, nurses aides especially nurses. My sister left a PRN, RN position in June, she just couldn't cope with the shortages and the battle for vaccination. Many of the nursing assistants resigned, due to Medicare requiring vaccination. Friends in the industry are so stressed out and SCARED the day will come when they can't care for residents.

Sister is full time 30 yo dialysis nurse, she was the ONLY RN in the clinic last week, the rest out with Covid, all fully vaccinated and boosted. She very scared that she will come down with this because it is so contagious. They wear full PPE, shields, N100, gown and shoe covers.

Duke University Health had over 5k out last week, offering RN a BONUS making hrly pay 175.00. They are fully vaccinated, terminated those not vaccinated the end of October. Moo...lots of Dukies in my circle, no public acknowledgement

Moo...

I believe you can call the county health department and report violations/worries anonymously.
An employee reported violations (admin.) at my work.

And they probably won't do anything. Apparently, people who live in aggregate housing are considered "disposable" in our society.

Sorry. That is pretty blunt. But the "rules" have always been, if the employee can show up to work, wear a mask, then everything is perfectly fine. You won't see this anywhere in writing, or spoken. But, apparently corporate america has let the government know that if they won't allow people to come to work, then who will do all of the work?

Beijing Reports Omicron Case 3 Weeks Before Winter Olympics — Bloomberg

Beijing reported the city’s first case of the omicron variant of Covid-19, adding pressure on authorities to stem a potential outbreak less than three weeks before the Winter Olympics begin.

Officials confirmed the detection of the highly contagious strain at a press conference on Saturday.

Omicron cases were confirmed earlier Saturday in Shanghai and Guangdong province, as the National Health Commission warned of possible outbreaks in those areas.

Out of three companies making antibodies, only one works against omicron. The other two (Regeneron and Eli Lilly) don't work anymore. Omicron is too mutated. So there is a lot of demand yet little supply.

I am so po'd-- what good are anti viral pills and one new MAB that works against
Omicron IF THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO MOST PATIENTS??????
It is criminal --- If these drugs were available hospitals would not
be overwhelmed with patients and lives would be saved

Our government has failed us massively!!!!!!
Pharma has failed us massively

I am so po'd-- what good are anti viral pills and one new MAB that works against

Majority of people in hospitals and ICUs are un-vaxxed as far as I can tell. Vaccines are available. If everybody was vaccinated, burden on hospitals would have been lower, and medical care would have been available for those who are vaxxed but vulnerable. As it is, we have bunches of un-vaxxed refusing to vaccinate, and then demanding medical care when they become infected.

Majority of people in hospitals and ICUs are un-vaxxed as far as I can tell. Vaccines are available. If everybody was vaccinated, burden on hospitals would have been lower, and medical care would have been available for those who are vaxxed but vulnerable. As it is, we have bunches of un-vaxxed refusing to vaccinate, and then demanding medical care when they become infected.

I hear ya- but here's the thing: If you read that post about the son whose 85 year old mother contracted the virus (and his dad also contracted it later) They are triple vaxxed. This man is a prosecutor (retired) and and a journalist and he knows his way around hospital systems. He was unable to get treatment for his mother at the hospital system he trusted ( he didnt say the name of the system but I think he is referring to the University of Michigan)-- He was jerked around for over a week while his elderly mother was getting worse. He finally found her MAB treatment and she has survived. I will find the article and post it. My point is that yes, the refusal of the unvaxxed have left the vaxxed vulnerable and so when we who are vaxxed may need the anti viral pills and the MAB, where will we find them? maybe nowhere- and that is why I am saying the government has failed us. These treatments should be available, dammit.

My triple-vaxxed, 85-year-old mother caught COVID. Medical triage made her doctor useless.

Scientists expect more worrisome COVID-19 variants after omicron (detroitnews.com)

Get ready to learn more Greek letters. Scientists warn that omicron’s whirlwind advance practically ensures it won’t be the last version of the coronavirus to worry the world.

Every infection provides a chance for the virus to mutate, and omicron has an edge over its predecessors: It spreads way faster despite emerging on a planet with a stronger patchwork of immunity from vaccines and prior illness.

That means more people in whom the virus can further evolve. Experts don’t know what the next variants will look like or how they might shape the pandemic, but they say there’s no guarantee the sequels of omicron will cause milder illness or that existing vaccines will work against them.

It’s why they urge wider vaccination now, while today’s shots still work...

I hear ya- but here's the thing: If you read that post about the son whose 85 year old mother contracted the virus (and his dad also contracted it later) They are triple vaxxed. This man is a prosecutor (retired) and and a journalist and he knows his way around hospital systems. He was unable to get treatment for his mother at the hospital system he trusted ( he didnt say the name of the system but I think he is referring to the University of Michigan)-- He was jerked around for over a week while his elderly mother was getting worse. He finally found her MAB treatment and she has survived. I will find the article and post it. My point is that yes, the refusal of the unvaxxed have left the vaxxed vulnerable and so when we who are vaxxed may need the anti viral pills and the MAB, where will we find them? maybe nowhere- and that is why I am saying the government has failed us. These treatments should be available, dammit.
Yep. Elderly and immuno compromised vaxxed people are still very vulnerable. My point is, if everybody eligible was vaxxed, there would be more treatments available to vaxxed but vulnerable. Some states are even saving those treatments for un-vaxxed, which I find ludicrous.

Yep. Elderly and immuno compromised vaxxed people are still very vulnerable. My point is, if everybody eligible was vaxxed, there would be more treatments available to vaxxed but vulnerable. Some states are even saving those treatments for un-vaxxed, which I find ludicrous.

Unfortunately we are dealing with the reality of what the unvaxxed
are causing, which is the continual mutatation of this ugly virus with
no end in sight, and as you point out, some facililities will give priority
to treatment modalities to the unvaxxed, which is outrageous.

However, given all of that, with anti viral pills and an MAB that works against
Omicron, not to have an adequate supply to treat people is also an outrage. Lives will be lost , and are being lost because of that. It is unacceptable.

Unfortunately we are dealing with the reality of what the unvaxxed
are causing, which is the continual mutatation of this ugly virus with
no end in sight, and as you point out, some facililities will give priority
to treatment modalities to the unvaxxed, which is outrageous.

However, given all of that, with anti viral pills and an MAB that works against
Omicron, not to have an adequate supply to treat people is also an outrage. Lives will be lost , and are being lost because of that. It is unacceptable.
Anti-viral pills just got approved and apparently they take months to make. Out of three antibodies that were in use, only one works. And we have a massive amounts of infected. Unfortunately it's a bad combination.

Let's not forget, that at this point in time, a four year old child can still not get a vaccine.
No Shots, No Day Care: Parents of Kids Under 5 Stuck in Grueling Limbo

If you only had so much medication, would you give it to a four year old, or an 85 year old?

Out of three companies making antibodies, only one works against omicron. The other two (Regeneron and Eli Lilly) don't work anymore. Omicron is too mutated. So there is a lot of demand yet little supply.
Per the VHD dashboard Virginia is 90% Delta and we don't have the drugs and very little is being shipped to VA per HHS distribution list.

The " messages/conversations" are not matching the data being produced by HHS and at least VDH dash board. I met the director of our State Lab, back in the early days. She is outstanding, smart, born and raised Virginia and a VT grad!! I trust her numbers, she's vested in our state.

Moo....

Getting vaxxed is FREE, wearing a mask is not FREE but pretty cheap compared to a month stay in ICU or dying.
My unvaxxed friends who survived COVID owe the hospital over ONE MILLION dollars. Who can afford this?!

Please, share your frustration and concern with those who can fix this. Its so easy, juct Google your Congessperson, they should have a link to email, on the federal website, a box pops up and fire away.

I'm posting a federal link for all US Congresspersons, by state., links to individual page, email links are near the bottom.

Moo...
U.S. Senate: Contacting U.S. Senators

Contacting U.S. Senators
Suite & Telephone List (PDF) | XML

All questions and comments regarding public policy issues, legislation, or requests for personal assistance should be directed to the senators from your state. Please be aware that as a matter of professional courtesy, many senators will acknowledge, but not respond to, a message from another senator's constituent.

Options for Contacting Senators

• Web contact forms are available on most senators' websites
  • Postal Addresses

I've been ranting on the thread for days about my 80ish, former community volunteer leader, former principal FULLY vaccinated AND boosted neighbor, the story was idenital, to the one posted. She couldn't treat from her Dr, total to take pain fever deliver, 3 days later carried out in a resuce squad, now ICU critical, daughters been fighting for days for monoclonal antibody, hospital refuses to tranfer her as daughter does not have POA. Three prisoners from the jail, unvaccinated, under 40, received IV monoclonal antibodies , in the same ICU, same doctor, while the daughter watched.

Per the NIH guidelines I posted yesterday, she's a tier 4, the prisoners were a tier 1.

I'm seeing many fully vaccinated infected. The media is daily speaking to, healthcare shortages due to fully vaccinated employee illness. These are fully vaccines and boosted citizens!!!!

We need the therapeutics, that we paid billions to be developed!! Our hospitals are jammed up, staff is sick, we need these drugs we PAID for. Our hospitals, we the citizens deserve better vaccinated or not.

Moo...

Intersting study at U of Minnesota regarding exposure time and mask efficacy.

Masks back on: But this time, colleges are demanding KN95 and above |

According to the study done by University of Minnesota researchers, it takes around 20 minutes before a person with a cloth mask can be infected by another person not wearing a mask. That time jumps to two and half hours for those properly wearing N95 masks or similar alternatives. <snipped> Surgical masks don’t offer much more protection—10 minutes more—than cloth, according to the UM study.

Nearly 1 in 10 People with COVID Are Still Infectious 10 Days Later
  • A new study found 13 percent of their 176 participants still showed “clinically relevant” levels of live virus after 10 days.
  • Experts say that everyone is different in their ability to clear a virus from the body.
  • The study’s findings may undercut current CDC guidelines.

Thank you all! For close to two years I’ve been likening the sacrifices we are being asked to make during the pandemic to the sacrifices made during WWII. My mother walked the streets of Greenwich Village in NYC during WWII checking for light leaks from blackout shades or noncompliance. When I asked her why it was so important (I was born in 1946) she explained that any light showing would let enemy pilots know where to drop their bombs.

I expect there were rebels then who didn’t take kindly to the gov’t telling them what to do, just as today. We are at war now, and masks are our blackout blinds. Many of the same people who refused to wear masks because the gov’t mandated it are now refusing to get vaccinated simply because “No one is going to tell me what to do.” We are in a WWII situation medically, and too many people are coping by selfishly rebelling. They would probably do the same thing in a “real” war, just as you all described. :mad:
JMO

My older relatives would all sit around the big wrap around porch in Ohio...reminiscing about all the various things they did to help each other. My grandfather shared all his garden crops with anyone who needed. They all shared their rations..."i'll swap you my cigarette rations for your sugar". They bonded in love and altruism... . And they all 'did without' with no entitlement and no indignation.

And of course the whole town loved my grandfather because he gave away all his cherry bounce, hard cider, and any and all liqueors he could finagle .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member