Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to keep in mind the at home tests are probably keeping the % high, so maybe don't look at it. People that are testing negative at home are not going to go get another test at a reporting site. JMO

Actually, we should probably do away with the % positive category come to think of it. At home tests are not being counted.
If you need a negative to return to work - how do you use an at home test to show proof of the result?
I’ve used one and the results disappeared after 15 minutes. (Think it was ihealth)
We use rapids at work but it’s done by job site health safety and reported.

If you need a negative to return to work - how do you use an at home test to show proof of the result?
I’ve used one and the results disappeared after 15 minutes. (Think it was ihealth)

I don’t know. Use a online monitoring system? I don't think we require that here, so I'm not familiar personally. Interesting question.

So… I was feeling bad since Tuesday and went to see a doctor yesterday. Turns out that I have an ear infection and now on antibiotics. My doctor said that she sees a lot of people with secondary infections after covid recovery. I’m 32 years old and this is my first ever ear infection and it’s not fun:oops:.

So… I was feeling bad since Tuesday and went to see a doctor yesterday. Turns out that I have an ear infection and now on antibiotics. My doctor said that she sees a lot of people with secondary infections after covid recovery. I’m 32 years old and this is my first ever ear infection and it’s not fun:oops:.

I am sorry you developed this condition-I imagine it is painfful-
I consider Covid to be so evil- it can manifest in so many terrible
and surprising ways- in so many different parts of the body.
Hoping the antibiotics work quickly to take care of the infection..

I am sorry you developed this condition-I imagine it is painfful-
I consider Covid to be so evil- it can manifest in so many terrible
and surprising ways- in so many different parts of the body.
Hoping the antibiotics work quickly to take care of the infection..

Thank you! Covid can really manifest in many ways during and even after recovery. I had bad congestion during my covid which lasted the longest. It’s probably why now I developed ear infection. I was congested on and off for about 3 weeks.

Here they tell you take a photo of your negative RAT.
Most phones show when a photo was taken. I guess there has to be a certain amount of trust involved, that you are showing a photo of your own negative result and not someone else's.

Workers should not need to be tested more than once per day and may wish to carry photographic proof of a negative test.
Rapid Antigen Tests for Home Care Packages Program

When it comes to the United States, I'm starting to think it's more about appearances than actual health planning.

We mandate that those flying into our nation be vaccinated, but we don't mandate that those crossing our southern border on foot be vaccinated.

There's no legitimate rhyme or reason behind our laws.
At almost 2,000 miles long our border patrol costing millions of $$$ just isn’t up for the task unlike an airport!

I am glad for businesses that the mask mandate and vaccine card mandate are going away. Front line workers were put in impossible positions during the pandemic. Go to work every day, wear a mask, and deal with customers who ran from militant opponents of masks and vaccines to people who expected a literal surgical suite when checking out with groceries.

My daughter was yelled at, and confronted, abused, on a daily basis at her job. She couldn't take it any longer and quit. Why were people so mean?!

I am glad for businesses that the mask mandate and vaccine card mandate are going away. Front line workers were put in impossible positions during the pandemic. Go to work every day, wear a mask, and deal with customers who ran from militant opponents of masks and vaccines to people who expected a literal surgical suite when checking out with groceries.

My daughter was yelled at, and confronted, abused, on a daily basis at her job. She couldn't take it any longer and quit. Why were people so mean?!

With all due respect, I'm the opposite of glad as far as businesses dropping mask and card mandates . . . but I'm sorry for what your daughter experienced from abusive customers. There's zero need for that and those that do it should be ashamed and ask to leave immediately. Being a bully is a bad look - doing it to a young person that's trying to do her/his job is ugly and makes me wonder how they treat others in their world.

I'll never understand why so many people feel like wearing a mask is too big of an ask. We're talking life or death for some of our population and caring about that should be a no brainer.

We're entering a new phase of the ongoing pandemic which I'll be following with interest. I pray for better days and kinder reactions to whatever we'll all be facing.

Probably because they are mean, self centred people, would be my guess.

If a person can't politely follow a few basic simple rules when out shopping (or driving a car, or going to school, or flying in a plane, or playing a game of sport, or anything else) it says more about the person than it does about the rules. imo

Probably because they are mean, self centred people, would be my guess.

If a person can't politely follow a few basic simple rules when out shopping (or driving a car, or going to school, or flying in a plane, or playing a game of sport, or anything else) it says more about the person than it does about the rules. imo

Agreed! We as a society already follow many rules ( by law and unspoken rules ) adding a few extra rules shouldn’t be such a big deal.

Wayne County drops school mask rules 'effective immediately'

Our grandkids go to school in Wayne County. My daughter has been very mindful of masks but is relieved that her first grader will not be required to wear a mask. She will finally get to see her classmates smiles. A big first for her at age 6.
My 6 yr old granddaughter is terrified about not wearing a mask at school anymore. :eek:
She has never been to school without a mask. And the teachers went to great lengths to explain WHY they all needed to wear them.

So it is confusing to her now that suddenly they don't need to anymore.

Wayne County drops school mask rules 'effective immediately'

Our grandkids go to school in Wayne County. My daughter has been very mindful of masks but is relieved that her first grader will not be required to wear a mask. She will finally get to see her classmates smiles. A big first for her at age 6.
Yes, my grandson started first day of kindergarten in a mask, continued into first grade and now beginning on Monday masks are optional
He has a preemie born baby sister at home he knows is susceptible to all germs
It will be interesting

My 6 yr old granddaughter is terrified about not wearing a mask at school anymore. :eek:
She has never been to school without a mask. And the teachers went to great lengths to explain WHY they all needed to wear them.

So it is confusing to her now that suddenly they don't need to anymore.
These poor kids! Eloise did other activities that didn’t require a mask so maybe it was an easier thing for her to reason out. But every child is different. So can she continue to wear a mask if she prefers? Maybe once she sees other kids without she will also be ok? But, also maybe she will still want to wear her mask. And in MOO, that is ok too, if her parents allow it.

Yes, my grandson started first day of kindergarten in a mask, continued into first grade and now beginning on Monday masks are optional
He has a preemie born baby sister at home he knows is susceptible to all germs
It will be interesting
Maybe he or his family will chose to have him continue wearing a mask? I am guessing there will be kids with and without. Hopefully teachers will be supportive of both.

These poor kids! Eloise did other activities that didn’t require a mask so maybe it was an easier thing to reason out. But every child is different. So can she continue to wear a mask if she prefers? Maybe once she sees other kids without she will also be ok? But, also maybe she will still want to wear her mask. And in MOO, that is ok too, if her parents allow it.
Yes, K did Horse Back Riding competitions without masks. But she was told it was because it was outside and so she took it all very literally.

She did kindergarten on ZOOM only, here in Southern Cali. And she had to stay very quarantined because her other grandmother was going throw chemo treatments. So K was more locked down and had to be more cautious than the average child because of that.

Her 1st grade was half on Zoom and 2 days a week in person, with masks. For the rest of the year they are going back to in person full time, with masks optional. She plans on wearing her mask for now, but hopefully she will eventually feel safe enough to let it go.

Yes, K did Horse Back Riding competitions without masks. But she was told it was because it was outside and so she took it all very literally.

She did kindergarten on ZOOM only, here in Southern Cali. And she had to stay very quarantined because her other grandmother was going throw chemo treatments. So K was more locked down and had to be more cautious than the average child because of that.

Her 1st grade was half on Zoom and 2 days a week in person, with masks. For the rest of the year they are going back to in person full time, with masks optional. She plans on wearing her mask for now, but hopefully she will eventually feel safe enough to let it go.
Bless her! These have been tough times for kids. May she have an easy adjustment during these changing times. And the support of her teachers no matter what she chooses.

Maybe he or his family will chose to have him continue wearing a mask? I am guessing there will be kids with and without. Hopefully teachers will be supportive of both.
They’re hoping to and he’s very good at it, as well as his 4 yr old sister. Concern for him being singled out as only mask wearer or maybe a few more will continue to wear then?
If the teacher isn’t masking I’d imagine the kids won’t want to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member