Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that article @anneg !

I haven’t had booster since Jan, which should I get? Pfizer were all my past shots.

All mine have been Moderna.

Eventually it may be yearly, but now it is recommemded sooner- I was reading about the length of effectiveness of the booster. By four months efficacy diminishes quite a bit---some other sources say 6 months. I had 8 months between my initial vaccines and the first booster and then 8 months to my 2nd booster. I probably won't wait that long this time.

I believe mine were like 6 to 7 months apart. My last one was in August before I flew to Sweden JUST in case another covid check at airports. There weren't any. So six months will be February. I shall read the article that anneg posted & see what I think.

Thanks for that article @anneg !

All mine have been Moderna.

I believe mine were like 6 to 7 months apart. My last one was in August before I flew to Sweden JUST in case another covid check at airports. There weren't any. So six months will be February. I shall read the article that anneg posted & see what I think.

When the bivalent booster was first released in Sept, they said four months from last booster. Due to supply issues we couldn’t get ours until early October (5 months) along with our flu shot. I’m reading that older adults like most of us can get RSV that is hitting little kids so hard. So I figure if I’m protected more or less from two out of three that’s pretty good.

I know a number of adults who were just about to get their bivalent booster at Costco in mid-October and ended up getting covid before they could…seven in one extended family! So personally, I think postponing it is not wise.

Last edited:
So glad you’re feeling better @acutename. A teacher friend of ours in her 20’s has been very sick with covid. I’m sure she’s vaxxed, but a few of our friends have had their first bout of covid shortly before getting the bivalent booster. My dh and I continue to be very careful since it seems to be making the rounds. There’s also a very bad cold circulating as well as RSV, not just for kiddos. It’s a jungle out there!
I had the bivalent booster about 5 weeks before my COVID. I am hoping that it made it easier for me - who knows? I also hope that all the studies about incidence of diabetes, heart abnormalities, brain fog :( etc., will not happen. If I had not known what I know, I would have thought that I just had a head cold. One of my neighbors told me that his in-college son has had COVID twice- once with a 104F fever that sent him to an emergency room. The son, BTW, is a strong healthy guy, so who knows anthing about this crazy virus.

You all just don't want to get Covid at all! The couple who traveled to Vegas aren't doing too well....the lady has the shingles now and her husband is in ICU with double pnemonia doing poorly. Wear your masks!
I am sort of freaking out- we had my step-son and his fiancee here for Thanksgiving Dinner- I didn't realize she was still working as a nurse in a nursing home- exposed to Covid- every day---I am now counting the days during the incubation period. I don't think my step son or his fiancee have Covid: both did have Covid several months ago and were symptomatic. But still---

It has been four months since my last booster- I believe that we should be getting that Bivalent booster, but i think it is just a bit soon- I am thinking of waiting at least another month before I get that booster. I do have to say I am a little skittish about getting boosters so often. I know reactions are rare but they happen - it still makes me nervous to get the vaccine-- but of course I do it--
As DH and I were leaving Rite Aid the day that we got our bivalent boosters, DH said he hoped that we wouldn't need to get another shot until next fall when we get our annual flu shots. Like you, we're both skeptical about getting so many vaccines in a short period of time.

On March 3, 2020, the head of the World Health Organization began a daily press briefing exhorting countries around the world to do more to stop the spread of Covid.

Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus’ plea had become a common refrain in the preceding weeks: If aggressive measures were taken, the virus could be contained.

That possibility, he said, was one of the key differences between Covid and the flu. “We don’t even talk about containment for seasonal flu. It’s just not possible,” he said...

I'm from Louisiana and indeed our Attorney General is against the government's so-called over-reach”. During the pandemic, he sponsored a huge political event at his camp. He and many of his family members contracted Covid-19. The attorney general had to back out of attending a huge republican event where the VP was the guest speaker. He and a couple of other Attorney Generals are going after Fauci. It's so sad.

"I have tried, I would say, as many different things as anyone could do in my situation," said Donna Davis-Doneghy, a 62-year-old accountant with Hearthside Food Solutions in London, Ky., who has been tormented by headaches since coming down with covid in November 2020.

"People will say to me, 'Here's a phone number,' and off I go chasing something different," said Davis-Doneghy, whose treatment regimen has ranged from acupuncture and Botox to nerve-block injections and vitamin infusions.

Last edited:
I'm from Louisiana and indeed our Attorney General is against the government's so-called over-reach”. During the pandemic, he sponsored a huge political event at his camp. He and many of his family members contracted Covid-19. The attorney general had to back out of attending a huge republican event where the VP was the guest speaker. He and a couple of other Attorney Generals are going after Fauci. It's so sad.

It's been a tough few years, with all kinds of issues across the political spectrum. Lots to review and learn from with a once-in-a-lifetime pandemic.

You all just don't want to get Covid at all! The couple who traveled to Vegas aren't doing too well....the lady has the shingles now and her husband is in ICU with double pnemonia doing poorly. Wear your masks!

This is really sad and sadly predictable. I’m afraid my dh and I will be in “hermit mode” for the time being. Too much of it is making the rounds among our vaxxed and boosted friends who have ventured out. It’s a shame we aren’t back to normal yet.

Short Version of the post below. If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so using one of the places below. Please put "FOR THE MODS" in the description. Thank you.
PayPal
Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Bank to Bank using zelle please use the email address triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Please be sure to put in the memo "FOR THE MODS"

Hi Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting but this is important. Please do not post questions about this post on this thread. Go to THIS THREAD to ask questions.

DID YOU KNOW BY THE END OF THE DAY OUR MODS WILL HAVE HANDLED HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF ALERTS? YOU WOULD NOT KNOW THIS BECAUSE THAT IS HOW GOOD THE MODS ARE AT THEIR JOBS.

One of the many things I love about Websleuths is we can come on here, discuss true crime, and not have to deal with all the stupid drama and baloney we have to deal with on other platforms. Do you know why? It is the hard work of our wonderful volunteer moderators.

Because of these incredible moderators, you don't see the following, the trolls that constantly try and disrupt. You don't see the newbies who don't know the rules and post a bunch of unproven rumors in cases, You don't see the mean people insulting your posts, you don't see the stupid threats angry people post, and guess what? I could go on and on. In other words, the mods make your experience the best you can find when it comes to discussing true crime.

If you could donate even one dollar that would be great. If half the people that come to Websleuths today donated one dollar we would be able to give the mods a wonderful bonus for all their hard work.

One hundred percent of the money raised goes to the moderators.

If you cannot donate we completely understand. If you could please post a word of thanks to our mods on THIS THREAD that would be wonderful.

If you would like to donate to the moderators at Websleuths.com please do so using one of the places below and be sure and put in the description "FOR THE MODS"
Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
OR you can use
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Bank to Bank using zelle please use the email address triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Please be sure to put in the memo "FOR THE MODS"

Websleuths.com will always be free for members. It costs nothing to join and it never will.
If you like to read at Websleuths because of the incredible work of our members please know the reason our members are able to do what they do is because of our dedicated volunteer moderator staff.

This video explains what the moderators do every day to keep Websleuths the most respected true crime discussion forum on the Internet.
Thank you,

Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com

My husband and I just returned home Thursday from an LA/Vegas vacation (saw Elton John at Dodger Stadium on Saturday and Aerosmith in Vegas on Wednesday, indoor theatre). It was our first official vacation since Oct. 2019. We are fully vaxxed (five jabs each) and have never had Covid. We knew it was likely we'd get it, but were confident that we would most likely have a mild case, given our circumstances. Sure enough, on Friday night I felt just the slightest sore throat. Tested Saturday, negative. Tested this morning, positive! Hubby is still testing negative. The only time we were apart was when using public restrooms. I wore a mask on most restroom visits, but must admit I slacked off a couple times. That's all it took!

My symptoms are very mild, as suspected. Sore throat is gone and now I'm just a little congested, with an occasional cough. No fever. I am now isolating from hubs, in case there's a chance I haven't already given it to him (doubtful though). What happens in Vegas, apparently doesn't stay in Vegas! ;)

I've followed this thread since the beginning and have learned so much. Thank you to all who've contributed, I think it truly helped me not get Covid sooner, when good treatments and vaccines weren't as available yet. It's been a rough ride, and can only hope we can get through this and back to normalcy. My pessimistic side will believe it when it sees it.

My husband and I just returned home Thursday from an LA/Vegas vacation (saw Elton John at Dodger Stadium on Saturday and Aerosmith in Vegas on Wednesday, indoor theatre). It was our first official vacation since Oct. 2019. We are fully vaxxed (five jabs each) and have never had Covid. We knew it was likely we'd get it, but were confident that we would most likely have a mild case, given our circumstances. Sure enough, on Friday night I felt just the slightest sore throat. Tested Saturday, negative. Tested this morning, positive! Hubby is still testing negative. The only time we were apart was when using public restrooms. I wore a mask on most restroom visits, but must admit I slacked off a couple times. That's all it took!

My symptoms are very mild, as suspected. Sore throat is gone and now I'm just a little congested, with an occasional cough. No fever. I am now isolating from hubs, in case there's a chance I haven't already given it to him (doubtful though). What happens in Vegas, apparently doesn't stay in Vegas! ;)

I've followed this thread since the beginning and have learned so much. Thank you to all who've contributed, I think it truly helped me not get Covid sooner, when good treatments and vaccines weren't as available yet. It's been a rough ride, and can only hope we can get through this and back to normalcy. My pessimistic side will believe it when it sees it.
I'm glad to hear that your symptoms are mild. Yes, we’ve learned a lot from this thread. I'm so glad my husband and I are fully vaccinated and continue to take precautions.

Sorry to hear you finally got covid @Steelhead, but you did it in style! Elton John and Aerosmith! Beats getting it at the supermarket. :-) I’m glad you have a mild case and here’s hoping your dh avoids it. Keep us posted, please.

The first real-world data on the new omicron vaccines find that they are better at preventing symptomatic Covid infections than the earlier doses, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday.

The findings fortify messaging from public health officials that the new shots, from Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna, should provide people with the best protection against Covid this winter, according to the CDC report.

Both Pfizer’s and Moderna’s new boosters target BA.4 and BA.5, along with the original coronavirus strain, in a single dose.

The vaccine efficacy from the new boosters isn't "stellar," said Dr. Ofer Levy, the director of the Precision Vaccines Program at Boston Children’s Hospital, noting that scientists would love to see a vaccine that blocks infections entirely.

But, he said, it is "something" and outperforms earlier doses of the original formulation...
This statement surprised me:
“He noted that studies have shown longer intervals between Covid vaccine doses can lead to higher antibody levels.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audreyshura