Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for responding. I wondered if it was something like that. Sounds like they aren't doing you any favors if it's no longer in the news. And you're not an idiot. No news can make a person think it's gone when in fact it is not.

This is 2 months old UK Covid news:

Covid cases are continuing to rise in the UK as the new highly-contagious FLiRT variants spread rapidly throughout the country.

It is feared new strains have already become dominant after a surge in the number of people testing positive and being hospitalised. Experts say they could be behind behind a sudden 21% rise in cases and the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) said there has been a sharp increase in Covid cases week on week

More info here: All the latest Covid symptoms as new FLiRT variants hit UK

Now I'm curious about not hearing of anyone with Covid. Is it because they are doing what a LOT of people here in the states are doing, which is to call it a cold? I'm hearing a lot of "It's just allergies", or "It's just a summer cold", etc. People aren't even considering that it could be Covid anymore! Not to mention that there are a LOT of asymptomatic cases. It makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

In this systematic review and meta-analysis of 95 unique studies with 29 776 306 individuals undergoing testing, the pooled percentage of asymptomatic infections was 0.25% among the tested population and 40.50% among the population with confirmed COVID-19.

Gemmie again... 40+% is a LOT of asymptomatic cases. Like..... mindblowingly a lot. And if I recall, one of you posted higher percentages upthread than that JAMA report.

Now that you've found out first hand that covid hasn't gone away (and never will, IMO), and you found our group (I hope you'll stay. :)), I hope you're at least getting vaccinated. While it doesn't prevent infection, it does help against severe illness, hospitalization and death.
I just wanna clarify that I am definitely vaccinated. I was never a denier and I’ve had all available vaccinations for Covid (and everything else).

Out of interest, and presuming you’re in the states, how much does a Covid test cost? Over here (UK) they’re about £1.99 each. I’d be interested to compare
I managed to get them on Amazon for 91p per test, but you have to buy a box of 25. I checked the local chemists and they were up at around £2 each like you say. They were the same brand too. Hope it helps, but realise it’s a lot of tests.
I test so I know what I am dealing with, as the symptoms of this round are nasty. As we are mostly remote working, we don’t go into the office if we have Covid or anything contagious.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back