Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What I would give for Covid to be caught in the same manner as Mpox. I could go out and about, living life as I used to, maskless and not at all concerned that I could catch it. Instead, I'm dealing with a disease that's spread invisibly, through exhalation of breath.

From your article: It can spread through close contact such as touching, kissing or sex, as well as through contaminated materials like sheets, clothing and needles, according to WHO.

What I would give for Covid to be caught in the same manner as Mpox. I could go out and about, living life as I used to, maskless and not at all concerned that I could catch it. Instead, I'm dealing with a disease that's spread invisibly, through exhalation of breath.

From your article: It can spread through close contact such as touching, kissing or sex, as well as through contaminated materials like sheets, clothing and needles, according to WHO.
I feel exactly as you do. My life has not been the same since the beginning of the pandemic, and never will be. Because of my age, I have to be very careful. I still do not go out to dinner- we get carrry out---- we have gone to breakfast when there is hardly anybody in a restaurant-- I wear a mask only sparingly like if I am in a doctor's office where there are patients in the waiting room. I really don't see my friends- I think I have become somewhat paranoid about getting Covid, but it is evil and deadly- and if you don't die you could wind up with Long Covid which could be milder or very severe. I also admit to not being vaccinated in two years-- I had both shots in 2021 and then I had two boosters, the last in July 2022. Since then I admit to being afraid of complications from the vaccine. I read an article about how the vaccine affects the gut and I already have problems in this regard. Sigh

Mpox seems to be getting a lot of attention. Just what we needed - another major global health crisis :(

LONDON – The World Health Organization has declared the ongoing outbreaks of mpox in Congo and elsewhere in Africa to be a global emergency, requiring urgent action to curb the virus' transmission.

Sweden has since announced it had found the first case of a new form of mpox previously only seen in Africa in a traveler, while other European health authorities warned more imported cases were likely.

Here's a look at mpox and how likely it is to spread further...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hskrgrl1955
Back