Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #112

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There’s a new Covid variant in town.

The strain, known as XEC, is gaining a foothold in the United States, accounting for an estimated 5.7% of new cases in the past two weeks, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday.

<modsnip - posting more than 10% is a copyright violation - see link>

Last edited by a moderator:
this Covid shot made me sick for 2-3 weeks- weird muscle aches and mild but continuing indigestion. hope it was worth it.
What do you think the chance of you having contracted Covid right around the time of your vaccine, which made you think what you were dealing with was the vaccine, when it could have been an actual case of Covid. I have not heard of anyone having side effects from the vaccine that lasted that long. All I've heard about is 1-2 days, maybe 3.

Most people have a sore arm right after being vaccinated, and more body-wide effects like fever and chills within 8 to 12 hours.

With that said... this article is saying up to 10 days for lymph nodes for some people:

Common side effects include pain at the injection site, fever, body aches and headaches. These reactions are frequent (and indicate that your body is making an immune response to the vaccine) and should go away within 1-2 days, with the exception that swollen lymph nodes may persist up to about 10 days.

this Covid shot made me sick for 2-3 weeks- weird muscle aches and mild but continuing indigestion. hope it was worth it.
I hope those problems go away very soon. I cannot bring myself to get another shot-- it has been
Over two years since the last one--_I admit to being fearful of the vaccine now--- I did get
Those 2 initial shots and 2 boosters, but I believe with all the variants since then, the formulation
Keeps changing and I dont believe there have been clinical trials in a long time.

Take care and feel better soon

I hope those problems go away very soon. I cannot bring myself to get another shot-- it has been
Over two years since the last one--_I admit to being fearful of the vaccine now--- I did get
Those 2 initial shots and 2 boosters, but I believe with all the variants since then, the formulation
Keeps changing and I dont believe there have been clinical trials in a long time.

Take care and feel better soon
I believe all vaccines need to go through a clinical trial but I could be wrong about that.

And the formulas HAVE TO change because the virus is evolving at breakneck speed because of the lack of people masking and staying up-to-date with the vaccines IMO. You (meant generally) should want them to change or they might as well inject you with sugar water. I know I want them to change and quite frankly, I wish they'd do it more often than once a year.

Per Moderna's trial page:

Clinical trials are carefully controlled scientific studies that evaluate how well new or modified medicines may treat or prevent diseases in people.
[Snip]
All new treatments and vaccines must go through several stages of research (also called “phases”) in order to determine if the new treatment or vaccine is safe and effective in people. Clinical trials are usually conducted in four phases that build on one another, with each phase designed to answer certain questions.

More here: What are Clinical Trials

And from the CDC:

Before vaccines are made available to people in real-world settings, FDA assesses the findings from clinical trials.

work.html#:~:text=The%20clinical%20trials%20for%20COVID,and%20people%20who%20are%20not.

Keep in mind the FDC always gives their approval before the new covid vaccines have been released for use. That is after they've seen that the trials were successful.

FDA approved and authorized the 2024-2025 mRNA COVID-19 vaccines on August 22, 2024. FDA authorized Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine, Adjuvanted (2024 – 2025 Formula) under Emergency Use Authorization on August 30, 2024.

This is currently what's going around in my smallish city of ~56K population. Wastewater results are a bit behind.

1727567635120.png

What do you think the chance of you having contracted Covid right around the time of your vaccine, which made you think what you were dealing with was the vaccine, when it could have been an actual case of Covid. I have not heard of anyone having side effects from the vaccine that lasted that long. All I've heard about is 1-2 days, maybe 3.

Most people have a sore arm right after being vaccinated, and more body-wide effects like fever and chills within 8 to 12 hours.

With that said... this article is saying up to 10 days for lymph nodes for some people:

Common side effects include pain at the injection site, fever, body aches and headaches. These reactions are frequent (and indicate that your body is making an immune response to the vaccine) and should go away within 1-2 days, with the exception that swollen lymph nodes may persist up to about 10 days.

I had really weird symptoms (for me) and no fever which I did have when I had Covid (obvi another strain 11/22). The previous shots I had made me feel head achy for maybe a day but this shot was just a lot of malaise and a really bad back ache. I took NSAID - low dose and a pain patch on my back and my digestive tract was just not normal. I had the flu shot 1 week after the Covid and no symptoms from that, not even muscle soreness. Of course I could have had any other thing but the symptoms followed the shot. No swollen lymph nodes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JediKaty
Back