Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all you shoppers, I recommend calling the store in advance. Ask them how they’re doing on certain popular items, and also ask when their trucks arrive and what are the best times to shop/catch the delivery truck.

As some of you guys know, I’ve already done all my shopping over the last few weeks and have been in self isolation since Sunday (6 days in). But, out of curiosity, I just called the grocery store who’s clerks mocked me to my face last week for wearing gloves, telling me it’s just the flu, ETC. I wanted to see what the “situation” was there.

Seems they’re out of just about everything now. She told me “milk, eggs, toilet paper, medicines and pretty much everything is gone but that they’re getting a truck in tonight”.

Last edited:
I learned today that COVID-19 causes loss of potassium in a lot of patients. This is problematic for me because I already have potassium wasting via my kidneys and my levels aren't near the recommended levels even with very high doses.

But it might be something to keep in mind if any one of you get sick from it. Low potassium makes you feel like garbage. So many awful symptoms. When my potassium drops I'll feel like I'm getting the flu because my muscles will hurt ache to move at all. But it's just the lowered potassium.

Here you go:

Covid-19 Research Updates: Chinese Study Reveals That Hypokalemia Present In Almost All Covid-19 Patients - Thailand Medical News

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10....aSD522Er1F23f_ZLyCSJj_71zNOFNiN9Cpgl6qkDE8kI0
Folks stocking up on supplies should include Gatorade. My son had Influenza A two weeks ago and he lived on the stuff. He had no appetite.

Maybe we can help by making a shopping list of more practical items:

whole wheat flour
oil
frozen real juice concentrate
dried skim milk powder
dried beans and lentils
laundry detergent
canned or frozen veggies
veggie seeds
waxed gouda cheese
salt
popcorn
dish soap
tooth paste

.. what else?
Oats, dates, walnuts, frozen berries, shelf-stable nut milk.
Oatmeal!

And it was probably getting shoplifted like crazy moo (I’ve done a stint in retail. Theft is an issue in normal times)

Hubby went to pick up groceries today. They were out of toilet paper and ibuprofen. He stopped at Dollar General on the way home and found those items there and when he went to pay for it, he asked if they had hand sanitizer. The cashier pulled a bottle from under the counter and sold it to him. So if you need it, ask at the register. They may have it, but are just limiting how much you can buy and only selling to those who ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member