Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.

There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.

New Chinese virus 'will have infected hundreds'

Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.

Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.

But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.

Experts say the fact three Chinese tourists have tested positive for the virus outside Wuhan indicates the disease toll may be higher than reported.

Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

[BCOVID-19 -Media, Maps, Videos, Timelines, CDC/WHO Resources, etc. ***NO DISCUSSION***[/B]

POLLS:

POLL: Confident that US agencies are doing everything to prevent the spread of COVID-19?

POLL: What concerns you most about COVID-19?

POLL: Confident in US medical facilities and personnel to adequately manage COVID-19?

POLL: What do you think the status of COVID-19 will be in six months (September, 2020)?

COVID-19 Coronavirus Memorial Thread
______

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN WARNING:

This thread is fast moving and labour intensive and we have other active threads that need attention.

Politicizing is NOT allowed. If your post is found to contain political statements or politics in general, it will be removed and a thread ban will be issued which means you will not be able to post in this thread, only read.

Critique your own post before submitting it to the thread to make sure it does not have a political bent; otherwise you may find you lose posting privileges.

Post accordingly.

Hey Everyone,

If you want to quote what the president or anyone in his administrations who give information on what they are doing to contain the virus that is absolutely fine.
THIS IS ME BEGGING NOW. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOUR FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.
PLEASE USE OUR PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICS IN ANY WAY. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 20 PEOPLE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE. LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. YOU WILL SEE YOUR USER NAME. NEXT TO THAT IS "INBOX". CLICK ON INBOX AND YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

OK, not begging now.

I am so impressed with our members posting much-needed info and members helping each other. I swear I sit here and cry happy tears at how incredible you are with this pandemic.

Please join me tonight on Websleuths Live on YouTube at 10:00 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE to join us live. We have a great chat room going on. and I want to personally invite you all to join us. One main rule. If you a jerk in chat or if you start making inflammatory comments about politics or whatever you will be kicked out. Then you will be forced to listen to Donny Osmonds "Puppy Love" for 30 days. So please behave.
See you tonight.
Love,
Tricia
PS. I actually love Donny Osmond. Very talented, a great businessman and fantastic human being, but, Puppy Love is painful. LOL

OK, I AM YELLING AGAIN AND I AM GETTING ANGRY.

IF YOU FEEL THIS IS A HOAX - IF YOU FEEL THIS IS ALL "FAKE NEWS" THEN DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD. STAY OFF THIS THREAD. THIS THREAD IS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TAKING THE VIRUS SERIOUSLY AND WANT TO POST ABOUT FACTS AND ABOUT SOLUTIONS. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO YOUR OPINION BUT YOUR OPINION WILL CAUSE THIS THREAD DO GO UP IN FLAMES AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE CAN COME HERE AND GET FACTS. WE NEED TO TAKE THIS VIRUS SERIOUSLY AND THAT IS WHY THIS THREAD IS ON WEBSLEUTHS. PLEASE GO TO ANOTHER DISCUSSION IN THE MISSING OR IN COLD CASES AND DO SOME GOOD.

Not yelling now. We should not get hysterical about the virus but we need to discuss this virus seriously. A big difference between the two. In the same vein, we should not shrug our shoulders and say it's no big deal and it is a media hysteria.

While I respect you have the right to your opinion I have the right to ask you to leave this thread so we can discuss the virus without disruption.

Rarely do I pull this statement out but here it comes; I am the owner and the final decisions on what can be discussed and rules are all on me. I want to be as inclusive as possible but in a real National Emergency declared by the president, I have a responsibility to make sure we discuss the facts and we discuss virus in a logical and factual way.

Thank you.
Tricia.
PS. I am not getting hysterical about the virus I am getting angry at the thought of how fast this thread could literally shut the whole forum down, Our wonderful mods do not need the stress.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have been at home and self-isolated for nearly a week now. My DH and I both continue to cough. Saturday I was 95% sure this was only seasonal allergies. Today I'm 70% sure we have the beginning symptoms of the Coronavirus (and maybe seasonal allergies too?). A lot can change in 24 hours. My DH's employer sent an email saying that someone in his company tested positive for Coronavirus on Sunday, after returning from travel a little over a week ago. The danger of us having it just got real. I have started to feel muscle aches and pains like I get before the flu and my energy is gone. My DH has a low-grade fever. I'm fever free still and feeling better than he is at this point. Our symptoms are like a mild cold and I pray they stay that way. We don't know who tested positive and if the person worked in the same dept as my DH (I'd rather not say where DH works but it's a large employer of many 1000's of people). All non-essential employees are to stay home and self-isolate this week. We're now sleeping in separate rooms on opposite sides of the house and trying to keep our distance from each other in case only one of us has it. Although it's probably too late for that since we do share a home. I've been constantly wiping down doorknobs, light switches and other frequently touched surfaces. I've never been so happy that we installed a touchless kitchen faucet that turns on via a motion sensor. It's easy to wash our hands and one less thing to worry about touching. I suspect I'm only a day or 2 behind DH on the symptoms. Sometime this week we will decide if we want to try to get tested for it and see if we can figure out where to go for that. If you pray, please say a prayer for us.

We have been at home and self-isolated for nearly a week now. My DH and I both continue to cough. Saturday I was 95% sure this was only seasonal allergies. Today I'm 70% sure we have the beginning symptoms of the Coronavirus (and maybe seasonal allergies too?). A lot can change in 24 hours. My DH's employer sent an email saying that someone in his company tested positive for Coronavirus on Sunday, after returning from travel a little over a week ago. The danger of us having it just got real. I have started to feel muscle aches and pains like I get before the flu and my energy is gone. My DH has a low-grade fever. I'm fever free still and feeling better than he is at this point. Our symptoms are like a mild cold and I pray they stay that way. We don't know who tested positive and if the person worked in the same dept as my DH (I'd rather not say where DH works but it's a large employer of many 1000's of people). All non-essential employees are to stay home and self-isolate this week. We're now sleeping in separate rooms on opposite sides of the house and trying to keep our distance from each other in case only one of us has it. Although it's probably too late for that since we do share a home. I've been constantly wiping down doorknobs, light switches and other frequently touched surfaces. I've never been so happy that we installed a touchless kitchen faucet that turns on via a motion sensor. It's easy to wash our hands and one less thing to worry about touching. I suspect I'm only a day or 2 behind DH on the symptoms. Sometime this week we will decide if we want to try to get tested for it and see if we can figure out where to go for that. If you pray, please say a prayer for us.

Prayers going up!!

Will do.....Yall take care.....moo

Gardener We Are Here.

Oh G....

My friend.

Love you.

We will get through this together.

@Gardener1850 I'm so sorry to hear this! I'm glad you're not home alone and have each other. Please keep us posted. I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry to read this, Gardener. You'll be in both my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted! MOO

I’m so sorry @Gardener1850! Definitely praying it’s nothing or very minor. Please keep us posted.

Oh no! I am saying prayers for you both! I’m so sorry!

Take zinc. Can’t hurt.

Old article, (February) , GREAT Dr. , love his advice. Oklahoma City Doctor Gives Advice On Coronavirus

Praying.

Yes, I will say many prayers for you and hubby. I am so sorry. Please keep us informed, if you can.

Is it time to start a special thread for those that may suspect they are infected? Maybe, downstairs, where folks can feel more comfortable to share, what medications, treatment , a kinda of support group?

Keeping you close to heart, my friend.

Yeah everybody should be WIDE AWAKE NOW after @Gardener1850 ‘s post.

Now that one of our OWN is now directly affected, I fully hope and expect that all the disrespect and minimizing stops immediately.

Can we please all get on board and move forward together now??

No more BS!!!

I am alerting @Tricia, @JerseyGirl , @sillybilly and @KayElJay on this post.

Last edited:
Oh no! I am saying prayers for you both! I’m so sorry!

Take zinc. Can’t hurt.

Old article, (February) , GREAT Dr. , love his advice. Oklahoma City Doctor Gives Advice On Coronavirus

Thanks. I couldn't find any zinc but we have Airborne which has some zinc in it, and we have been taking our daily limit of that and doing other things to try to boost the immune system. We have garlic, ginger, raw honey, miso soup packets, raw apple cider vinegar, a freezer full of homemade bone broth... I looked for elderberries or elderberry syrup but couldn't get any and I wasn't about to pay the prices I saw online for them. We have most of the OTC cough and cold medicines we could need and all the basic pain relievers. I'm debating about taking some anti-malarial meds because we happen to have some on hand and I saw they were doing an early trial of those for Coronavirus treatment. Need to ask a doctor first.

OMG GARDNER 1850, YES OF COURSE PRAYING FOR YOUR AND YOUR HUSBAND.
If there is anything I can do or Websleuths can do do not hesitate to ask. Please rest and check in if you can. Please know that you and your husband have people from all over the world with you during this scary time.
We are here for you!
Tricia.

I will. Take heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member