Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.

There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.

New Chinese virus 'will have infected hundreds'

Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.

Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.

But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.

Experts say the fact three Chinese tourists have tested positive for the virus outside Wuhan indicates the disease toll may be higher than reported.

Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

[BCOVID-19 -Media, Maps, Videos, Timelines, CDC/WHO Resources, etc. ***NO DISCUSSION***[/B]

POLLS:

POLL: Confident that US agencies are doing everything to prevent the spread of COVID-19?

POLL: What concerns you most about COVID-19?

POLL: Confident in US medical facilities and personnel to adequately manage COVID-19?

POLL: What do you think the status of COVID-19 will be in six months (September, 2020)?

COVID-19 Coronavirus Memorial Thread
______

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN WARNING:

This thread is fast moving and labour intensive and we have other active threads that need attention.

Politicizing is NOT allowed. If your post is found to contain political statements or politics in general, it will be removed and a thread ban will be issued which means you will not be able to post in this thread, only read.

Critique your own post before submitting it to the thread to make sure it does not have a political bent; otherwise you may find you lose posting privileges.

Post accordingly.

Hey Everyone,

If you want to quote what the president or anyone in his administrations who give information on what they are doing to contain the virus that is absolutely fine.
THIS IS ME BEGGING NOW. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOUR FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.
PLEASE USE OUR PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICS IN ANY WAY. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 20 PEOPLE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE. LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. YOU WILL SEE YOUR USER NAME. NEXT TO THAT IS "INBOX". CLICK ON INBOX AND YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

OK, not begging now.

I am so impressed with our members posting much-needed info and members helping each other. I swear I sit here and cry happy tears at how incredible you are with this pandemic.

Please join me tonight on Websleuths Live on YouTube at 10:00 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE to join us live. We have a great chat room going on. and I want to personally invite you all to join us. One main rule. If you a jerk in chat or if you start making inflammatory comments about politics or whatever you will be kicked out. Then you will be forced to listen to Donny Osmonds "Puppy Love" for 30 days. So please behave.
See you tonight.
Love,
Tricia
PS. I actually love Donny Osmond. Very talented, a great businessman and fantastic human being, but, Puppy Love is painful. LOL

OK, I AM YELLING AGAIN AND I AM GETTING ANGRY.

IF YOU FEEL THIS IS A HOAX - IF YOU FEEL THIS IS ALL "FAKE NEWS" THEN DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD. STAY OFF THIS THREAD. THIS THREAD IS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TAKING THE VIRUS SERIOUSLY AND WANT TO POST ABOUT FACTS AND ABOUT SOLUTIONS. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO YOUR OPINION BUT YOUR OPINION WILL CAUSE THIS THREAD DO GO UP IN FLAMES AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE CAN COME HERE AND GET FACTS. WE NEED TO TAKE THIS VIRUS SERIOUSLY AND THAT IS WHY THIS THREAD IS ON WEBSLEUTHS. PLEASE GO TO ANOTHER DISCUSSION IN THE MISSING OR IN COLD CASES AND DO SOME GOOD.

Not yelling now. We should not get hysterical about the virus but we need to discuss this virus seriously. A big difference between the two. In the same vein, we should not shrug our shoulders and say it's no big deal and it is a media hysteria.

While I respect you have the right to your opinion I have the right to ask you to leave this thread so we can discuss the virus without disruption.

Rarely do I pull this statement out but here it comes; I am the owner and the final decisions on what can be discussed and rules are all on me. I want to be as inclusive as possible but in a real National Emergency declared by the president, I have a responsibility to make sure we discuss the facts and we discuss virus in a logical and factual way.

Thank you.
Tricia.
PS. I am not getting hysterical about the virus I am getting angry at the thought of how fast this thread could literally shut the whole forum down, Our wonderful mods do not need the stress.

COLORADO

NEW: The Colorado Department of Labor reports a dramatic increase in unemployment filings. About 6800 people have just recently filed. For comparison, last week from yesterday, about 400 people filed. #9NEWS

Jeremy Jojola on Twitter

OHIO

Portman said he received new data on Ohio's unemployment claims today: 45,000 claims this week compared to 6,500 last week.
Liz Skalka on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

Brief update on the testing front: My DH's panel test for upper respiratory illnesses came back negative for everything. Next they will test his sample for CoV19. That test will take another 24 hours at least before we hear results. I don't know whether to hope he has CoV19 or not at this point.

I sort of hope we have it because this is not that bad and we are able to stay home right now if we absolutely have to. Then once we are over it and cleared medically we can help everyone else around us who gets it. On the other hand, if we don't have it yet we can resume some normalcy right away, but we still have to be careful going out in the world and will have to worry about when we will get it. I don't think it's a matter of "if" we will get it but a matter of "when" at this point. It doesn't seem like a winning situation either way...

NEW YORK

NEW: Effective immediately, @NewYorkStateAG & I are suspending state debt collection.
NYers with student debt, medical debt & other state-referred debt will have payments frozen for at least 30 days.
We're doing all we can to support those suffering financially due to #COVID19.
Andrew Cuomo on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

I totally agree Betty!

I've said this before, but will say it again...ignorance is very dangerous for us all.

The ones who refuse to sacrifice anything are the very ones who will keep putting everyone else at risk.

Why so many seem to be so self absorbed is really chilling, and incomprehensible to me. Perhaps they haven't ever had to sacrifice anything during their life in order to help or protect others. IDK, but it needs to stop.

Jmho

As of this morning, I have GIVEN UP when folks I see on my Facebook feed have and disseminate incorrect information. They see it on the tv, and want to challenge even when I give more references to butress what I'm saying. As I said a week or so ago, I want to just say the Saturday Night Live quote of "Jane, you ignorant sl*t*. Sorry, I'm just not knowing how to help even my good friends get up to speed with what *I believe* is the reality. I am now moving to just posting information on my Facebook feed. If folks want to question, I'll answer as they must be interested to even do such as they are open. But I'm going to go crazy if I try to convince others that will not understand as we do here. It makes me so sad to be dismissed.. and what MSM and others placating *all is well, under control*... I disagree with.

It's gonna give me ulcers unless I do so, and sad to not be able to help my friends as I just don't know how to.

Suggestions anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members