Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.

There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.

New Chinese virus 'will have infected hundreds'

Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.

Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.

But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.

Experts say the fact three Chinese tourists have tested positive for the virus outside Wuhan indicates the disease toll may be higher than reported.

Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

COVID-19 -Media, Maps, Videos, Timelines, CDC/WHO Resources, etc. ***NO DISCUSSION***

POLLS:

POLL: Confident that US agencies are doing everything to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
POLL: What concerns you most about COVID-19?
POLL: Confident in US medical facilities and personnel to adequately manage COVID-19?
POLL: What do you think the status of COVID-19 will be in six months (September, 2020)?

______

COVID-19 Coronavirus Memorial Thread
______

Case details for US and Canada:
COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

Case details for the entire world:
Coronavirus Update (Live): 206,893 Cases and 8,272 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

______

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN WARNING:

This thread is fast moving and labour intensive and we have other active threads that need attention.

Politicizing is NOT allowed. If your post is found to contain political statements or politics in general, it will be removed and a thread ban will be issued which means you will not be able to post in this thread, only read.

Critique your own post before submitting it to the thread to make sure it does not have a political bent; otherwise you may find you lose posting privileges.

Post accordingly.

Hey Everyone,

We are putting together a forum for the virus. If you have any ideas for the categories to be included in the forum please send me a private message. Here is what I am thinking so far:
Each state will have its own thread. We will ask everyone to put in information about their state.
A general discussion where this thread and the past threads will be located.
A media thread of course.
Debunking all the kooky crap out there discussion.
Daily count of how many cases are being reported and how many deaths. We would have other countries included. This would be a no discussion thread too.
I have a few more ideas but I am open to anything.
Thanks.
Tricia

Let me clear something up. We will all be together on this thread discussing just like we are now. The other categories will be added so you all can access certain pieces of info more quickly.

MOD NOTE
A few things to help keep this vital discussion open and safe:

• This forum is NOT for debate. It is for the sharing of information and feelings. If someone’s feelings are not in line with yours, DO NOT DEBATE. It is not productive and it negates the purpose of the discussion here. STOP before you reply in anger to someone who posted something you do not agree with or like. REPORT it instead and Mods will determine how to handle it or whether it can stay. DO NOT DEBATE.
  • Discussing personal FB posts of ANY kind, yours included, is a violation of TOS. Apparently Facebook has had a technical glitch and numerous posts by many folks were deleted in error. THAT IS NOT FOR DISCUSSION ON THIS BOARD, and those posts talking about it will be deleted.
  • ANY of the above CAN be discussed in Private Messages. That is where these subjects belong.
This is an extremely difficult and challenging time for all of us. It is not uncommon for fear to manifest itself in anger. We can try our best to direct our fear and anger in ways that do not hurt others, but will still allow for venting anger because that is normal and healthy. We just need to try to keep the anger off the boards so that we can all manage our fear at such a time as this.

Thanks for the friendship and info here. It has helped a lot.

Day 6 inside and doing okay. Have to go visit my car in underground parking tomorrow and get my mail. This rainy, colder weather works best for my self-isolation. I'm more worried about beautiful weather making us all want to get out and do fun things like travel.
It's weird, right now, gasoline is dirt cheap and toilet paper suddenly is on everyone minds.

No, I don't believe it. This is not the first day for the rest of our lives.

Harris County (Houston area) TX reporting 3 RECOVERED patients. Good news, but it is buried way down in the written article.

1st COVID-19 death reported in Harris County

On Thursday, Harris County officials announced that two women and a man recovered from COVID-19. All three of there cases were travel-related. They were all also between the ages of 60-70.

Where can I find this information?

I saw it on the local news. But I will look for it to link. Also, beginning at 12:00 midnight, every non essential business in Los Angeles County are ordered shut down.

LOS ANGELES, CA — A second person in Los Angeles County died this week after contracting the new coronavirus, health officials said Thursday.

According to the Los Angeles County Public Health Department, the person died at a Pasadena hospital. Authorities identified the patient as a man between the ages of 30 and 50 who had underlying health problems. TMZ interviewed the man's sister, who said he was a 34-year-old man who recently visited Disney World while on a work trip before flying home to Los Angeles International Airport last week.

LA Man Who Flew Home From Florida Trip Dies From Coronavirus

Question:
Any of you socializing in small groups at home, respecting the distance guidelines?
I’m single & accustomed to being out & about. Staying home only bothers me during adverse weather, like today.
I am sporadically visiting with friends. I request a safe distance and meeting in open air, in my case the local park.

Today I sat with a friend for a bit. The park had people walking their dogs or just enjoying fresh air but as I posted earlier it's pretty big so everyone has lots of space. Snippets of conversation that I overheard was mostly about the virus. One person was complaining that they can't find diapers. I'm not sure I believe it since the local Safeway and QFC seem to be stocked well. we also have a number of small convenience stores open that should have diapers. Maybe I misheard.

"A 34-year-old man who tested positive for the coronavirus infection after visiting Disney World and traveling through Los Angeles International Airport earlier this month died Thursday at a hospital in Pasadena, according to medical and government sources."
Glendora man, 34, dies of coronavirus infection after visiting Disney World, sources say

Guy coughs up blood then gets on a plane to LAX...sorry but its time to shut down domestic flights in my book but hey

I have been hunting toilet paper for over a week and there is none to be found in my area. NONE. I'm down to three rolls and have absolutely no clue on what I'm going to do after those rolls are gone. I don't understand why there is no toilet paper being shipped and stocked in the stores. Puzzling.

I'm sorry about this. I hope someone shares their toilet paper with you.

Remember this?-- Seinfeld - The Stall
I Don't Have a Square to Spare

You will not believe the latest from @LeighEgan from Crimeonline about Megan Boswell. She wet the bed she was so afraid of the police searching her dad's property. Of course, we will discuss the latest in the topic here, the coronavirus, we have news about Lori Vallow and so much more LIVE on YOUTUBE TONIGHT AT 10:00 PM EASTERN
CLICK HERE TO JOIN US LIVE ON YOUTUBE

Attachments

• Show 3.19.jpg
    Show 3.19.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 6
@JerseyGirl do you remember that spraying video you posted back in the day? :eek:

I believe you said “more spraying”

Lemme see if i can find it, I marked some spraying guns images for reference too

Eta hands r numb

There’s so much important information and reference in the early threads (hand r numb can’t type)

Study study bc it’s coming our way. Never mind it has arrived

:spaceship:
(That was a cool old emoji too @dixiegirl1035)

Anyway yeah I’m a treehugger anti chemical kind of person. Not looking fwd to the onslaught of chemical fumes coming r way but hey lesser of the two evils, doesn’t matter if you’re in lockdown I suppose.

:mad:I am one angry Mama
Just got word from my daughter who is an army nurse that they are telling them to reuse masks or wear a bandana!!!
The federal government better get their act together!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Yeah. Imagine if FDR told the states that each governor was responsible for defending against invasions and attacks by the Axis. We're all Americans. And not every governor is approaching with the same level of urgency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli