Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please ask your daughter in Vegas to contact the health department for help! Especially since she has a tiny one with her! My understanding is the respiratory distress can come on quickly and babies are also getting it!
I hope your daughter still working can convince her boss to switch to take out or just temporarily closes! I told the restaurants where I work that I’m not coming in at this time before they were closed- just seeing and hearing descriptions of what it’s like to be sick with it, especially the respiratory distress, is enough to know I don’t wanna experience that!!! Maybe have her share those things with her boss?
Sending you virtual hugs! So many beautiful people for you to love and worry about! I wish you all well!

Thank you. Yes, I will tell her to contact the health department. I think she is feeling alone, run down, and confused by the lack of support/friends she really has out there. Guidance like the health department is helpful. Because she has no health coverage I imagine she is also feeling helpless.
Thank you for the kindness and words of support sunshine~
jmo

"Furious" at federal lag in COVID-19 response, Colorado governor announces new restrictions & task force
Gov. Polis says "Grim Reaper" will be ultimate enforcer for those not obeying distancing rules
Updated: 10:34 PM, Mar 22, 2020

“DENVER – Colorado will establish a new task force to repurpose Colorado businesses to help in the fight against the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) by manufacturing needed medical equipment and better tracking the virus in the wake of what Gov. Jared Polis said was a sluggish reaction by the federal government, and will have employers cut the number of in-person workers at businesses spaces to 50% or less of the workforce by Tuesday.

[...]

“His news conference came about an hour after the number of cases in Colorado jumped by 116 from Saturday to Sunday – to 591 cases in 29 counties, with 58 people hospitalized and 6 dead, though the data is at least a day behind. Polis said again he believes there are actually “thousands” of cases in the state if they could all be tested.”

[...]

“On the same day that lawmakers, the Denver Broncos and several organizations hosted a collection drive for PPE at Empower Field at Mile High Stadium, Polis said that state health officials had told him that when the virus reaches its peak in Colorado – which still could be weeks away depending on the measures Coloradans take – that the state medical providers would be about 7,000 ventilators short of what is needed to treat everyone needing them either for COVID-19 or other ailments.

And he added that though the federal government sent Colorado 49,000 N95-rated masks for first responders and medical workers last week, Colorado typically uses 70,000 per day.

He said that Colorado was getting “very little assistance” from the federal administration at this point and that the state and new innovation task force were working on shoring up domestic and state production of necessary medical supplies and working on emergency importation orders to keep supply chains from China intact. The Trump administration dismantled the National Security Council's pandemic response team in 2018.”

More at link
"Furious" at federal lag in COVID-19 response, Colorado governor announces new restrictions & task force

GEORGIA....LOCALS CONTINUE TO ACT BECAUSE THE GOVERNOR STATES THAT HE WILL NOT.....

Starting TODAY businesses in the City of East Point will have to follow emergency ordinance put in place by City Council due to coronavirus.
Restaurants will only be takeout or delivery.
TOMORROW non-essential businesses will be closed for 7 days. Kaitlyn Pratt on Twitter
Kaitlyn Pratt on Twitter

Coronavirus: Here's how it spread in Santa Clara County
PUBLISHED: March 22, 2020 at 5:54 p.m. | UPDATED: March 23, 2020 at 5:19 a.m.

“With a diverse and well-traveled population, Santa Clara County is especially vulnerable to contagion.

Yet the arrival of a new virus early this year went completely undetected, giving it time to widely seed our region before we even knew it was here, the county’s top public health official says. By early March, that virus, called COVID-19, was so widespread that three TSA agents at San Jose International Airport contracted it not from each other but from entirely separate sources.”

[...]

“The vast majority of cases are randomly scattered” in Santa Clara County, not clustered in the small and easily identifiable groups seen in some other locations, she said in a Friday interview, one of the few she has given since the crisis began.

Ideally, officials would deploy disease detectives to each of the 302 patients in the county, asking questions that could help disrupt the social network of coronavirus: Did they play bridge last week? Did they join a book club? Which aisles did they shop at Home Depot, Walgreens and Safeway? And who are their friends and family?

“We don’t have a workforce to do that,” said Cody. “And that’s a real problem. Because we need to be able to interrupt every chain of transmission that we possibly can.””

[...]

“As early as January, local physicians called the county Department of Health to report illnesses that didn’t meet the formal U.S. Centers for Disease Control definition for coronavirus symptoms — but were suspect.

“We were not able to test them. There just wasn’t the capacity to do that,” because the patients weren’t eligible under the CDC’s strict testing criteria, Cody said.

“We absolutely missed people. No question,” she said. “All the people that were ‘return travelers’ with very mild symptoms — we weren’t testing them,” she said. We couldn’t test their friends or family members, either, she added.”

-more at link

AUSTRALIA.....CRUISES AND SENATOR POSITIVE

"We were told from the national incident room that there was approximately 200 people in South Australia that had come from the Ruby Princess.”
Amazing people are still going on cruises at this time.
Senator Rex Patrick tests positive for coronavirus as state's cases climb by a third
Diag Bacteriology on Twitter

Another federal politician has tested positive for coronavirus, with South Australian senator Rex Patrick confirming he is the fourth politician to be infected.
Senator Rex Patrick tests positive for coronavirus as state's cases climb by a third

Last edited:
“Whitmer has been reviewing Michigan's weekend surge of cases that more than doubled the count, now in excess of 1,000, with nine deaths.”

Awaiting Governor Whitmer's press conference scheduled for 11:00. DH has been saying for a couple of days that he thinks Michigan is on a shortlist of states that will close down soon. I hope you and your family stay well. My prayers are with your expectant daughter for a safe and healthy delivery.

:oops: Oops! I thought I was quoting a post by Yesiamapirate. Sorry. Thread moves so quickly; it's a challenge to keep up. She lives in metro Detroit.

Last edited:
TORONTO DONATION INFO....SHARE WIDELY

#thePPEdrive has begun. Bring your unexpired, unopened masks, gowns, gloves and goggles to @MGHToronto all this week.
Donate your masks, gloves, goggles and gowns at a Toronto hospital, doctor urges | CBC News https://t.co/rNw6Y6qF8M
Michael Warner on Twitter

Shortage of #COVID19 tests puts Canadians at risk, experts say, by ⁦@carlyweeks⁩ via ⁦@globeandmail⁩ #cdnhealth Ottawa to intervene in lagging regions amid COVID-19 test backlog
André Picard on Twitter

Coronavirus live updates: San Francisco sheriff's deputy tests positive for coronavirus
March 23, 2020

A San Francisco Sheriff’s Deputy assigned to the county jail at the Hall of Justice has tested positive for coronavirus, the Sheriff’s Office reported. The deputy tested positive at a health facility outside of San Francisco, according to a release. There have been no confirmed cases reported among the county’s incarcerated population. “While we are saddened that one of our colleagues has tested positive, we are also well prepared to take the next steps to prevent further exposure to our staff and the incarcerated,” Sheriff Paul Miyamoto said in the release. “We’re working to reassure the loved ones of those in our custody and care that they are safe while giving our staff the tools and support they need to feel protected.”

SOUTH KOREA....TESTING WORKS

#SouthKorea update. Testing has fallen off dramatically to 6k/day. Cases trending lower (64 announced today). They have aggressively screened nursing homes in outbreak cities. 1.2% crude CFR. #HOPE #factsmatter. (((Howard Forman))) on Twitter
(((Howard Forman))) on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200323_091103.jpg
    IMG_20200323_091103.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors