Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He might as well impose suburb by suburb guidelines. That would make just as much scientific sense. Ie none.
I am not worried. I am hiding behind this wall of toilet paper, coffee cans, and cigarette cartons in my backroom "mancave", readin yall's WS posts, and watching TV. I ain't coming out for nothing till this is all over........Yall stay home, please...........Thank you.....:cool:....moo

We overtook China. China has many more people than us. So we truly are #1 in infections.
"China is no longer the global leader in cases of the virus that originated in its soil. The U.S., with about one-fourth the number of people of the world's most populous country, overtook China and Italy in confirmed coronavirus cases on Thursday."
Coronavirus updates: US surpasses China; unemployment claims spike

Most people in my profession agree that China is not reporting accurately. In fact, that's probably an understatement. China wants the world open for business as well. I'm not saying that they are deliberately underreporting, but they had cases in all areas of China a week ago and those did not just simply go away. Someone was exposed to those people.

China's figures have been almost unchanged for 5 days. They had 85,000 and increasing exponentially - and then, perfectly flat? Nope, I don't buy it. They're watching the rest of the world and they'll put out their new data when it makes sense to them. Wuhan is obviously through the worst of it (3287 deaths). We have 1200 deaths. This indicates that we've tested more broadly than the most serious cases, whereas China tried to reserve testing for the truly serious cases, at least at first.

China is probably not using confirmational tests on people who obviously have CV19 (symptomatic, in contact with a deceased person) or only using to protect front line personnel.

I am not worried. I am hiding behind this wall of toilet paper, coffee cans, and cigarette cartons in my backroom "mancave", readin yall's WS posts, and watching TV. I ain't coming out for nothing till this is all over........Yall stay home, please...........Thank you.....:cool:....moo

LOL, Cody, you are my favorite poster of all time ❤️❤️❤️

NEW YORK

(CNN)Refrigerated trailers to be used as makeshift morgues hummed outside two hospitals on Thursday as New York City deals with the surging death count in the epicenter of the nation's coronavirus pandemic.

The last time New York took such drastic measures was after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, when the city medical examiner's office was tasked with identifying tens of thousands of body parts from the 2,753 people killed in the World Trade Center collapse.

The makeshift morgues signal the historic challenge posed by the national health crisis.

For the first time since 9/11, NYC has set up makeshift morgues. This time, it's in anticipation of coronavirus deaths

Most people in my profession agree that China is not reporting accurately. In fact, that's probably an understatement. China wants the world open for business as well. I'm not saying that they are deliberately underreporting, but they had cases in all areas of China a week ago and those did not just simply go away. Someone was exposed to those people.

China's figures have been almost unchanged for 5 days. They had 85,000 and increasing exponentially - and then, perfectly flat? Nope, I don't buy it. They're watching the rest of the world and they'll put out their new data when it makes sense to them. Wuhan is obviously through the worst of it (3287 deaths). We have 1200 deaths. This indicates that we've tested more broadly than the most serious cases, whereas China tried to reserve testing for the truly serious cases, at least at first.

China is probably not using confirmational tests on people who obviously have CV19 (symptomatic, in contact with a deceased person) or only using to protect front line personnel.
There is no doubt US is vastly underreporting as well, considering how difficult it is to get tested.

We overtook China. China has many more people than us. So we truly are #1 in infections.
"China is no longer the global leader in cases of the virus that originated in its soil. The U.S., with about one-fourth the number of people of the world's most populous country, overtook China and Italy in confirmed coronavirus cases on Thursday."
Coronavirus updates: US surpasses China; unemployment claims spike
Is it a surprise we overtook China? I thought they are on the winding down part of the virus?

From your link: (bbm)
What we did was we closed everything down. That was our public health strategy. Just close everything, all businesses, old workers, young people, old people, short people, tall people,” said Cuomo. “Every school closed, everything.”

“If you rethought that or had time to analyze that public health strategy, I don't know that you would say quarantine everyone,” Cuomo admitted. “I don't even know that that was the best public health policy. Young people then quarantined with older people was probably not the best public health strategy because the younger people could have been exposing the older people to an infection. “

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back