Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
China has reported 3,299 coronavirus-related deaths, with most taking place in Wuhan, the epicenter of the global pandemic. But one funeral home received two shipments of 5,000 urns over the course of two days, according to the Chinese media outlet Caixin.

It’s not clear how many of the urns were filled.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/shipm...questions-about-chinas-coronavirus-reporting/

I am curious about Caixin media, are they Taiwan-based, U.S.-based? There is no other PRC media other than Xinhua, the government media. I checked their website, but that information wasn't provided.

I am not disputing the story, it could be true, but it is hard to get any accurate news out of China. Certainly not out of government media, which is all there is in China. Outside media is blocked and/or censored on internet and tv.

Tell me you had gloves on when you opened the note?
Did you freak when you found it, thinking it was dire news? Hope they play some good jams! Rock on.

We just got a piece of paper dropped into our door mail : two young people living in another flat wrote a note to everyone, that they are music students and as the school is closed, they will need to practise at home. They excuse and limit the time to few late afternoon hours. This is nice and i dont mind!

Coronavirus: World's oldest man's 112th birthday celebrations cancelled during UK lockdown

Coronavirus: World's oldest man's 112th birthday celebrations cancelled during UK lockdown
Bob Weighton said the outbreak is very concerning because it is more unknown than the two world wars he has lived through.

The world's oldest man has had to cancel his 112th birthday celebrations on Sunday because of the coronavirus outbreak.

Bob Weighton, from Alton, Hampshire, only took up the title of the oldest man in the world last month after the previous holder, Japanese man Chitetsu Watanabe, died aged 112.

Last year, the former teacher and engineer celebrated his 111th birthday with his many friends but this year the supercentenarian - aged 110 or over - will be alone due to the coronavirus lockdown.

NYC

"Sutton said the notion that there is equal need across all five boroughs is a misconception.

In Queens, there are just 1.5 beds for every 1,000 people. But in Manhattan, there are 5.4 beds for every 1,000 people, according to Sutton.

"This is a humongous difference," he said.

Those differences need to be taken into account when looking at the city as an example, Sutton said.

And as the city continues its uphill battle in facing the pandemic, Sutton pointed out that other communities could soon experience the same suffering.

"It's a mess. It's really a mess," he said. "You may walk around being naive. I just want you to know that we are already at a point of critical mass."

'It's a mess': Coronavirus pandemic exposes New York City's vulnerabilities

This is awesome. Hopefully they remain safe. However, some might still be positive, perhaps contracting since the test or tested too soon. At least they are all contained now, no one is bringing it in or taking it out. This would be a good thing for all nursing homes to do, but not possible, imo.

These Italian care workers decided to self quarantine with their elderly patients

Thirteen workers in an Italian retirement home have taken an unusual decision and decided to self-quarantine with the 60 elderly people they assist.

“We decided to self isolate ourselves because the Covid-19 situation here in Italy was getting worse."

"None of our guests are positive, thankfully.”

Coronavirus live updates: Pandemic upends daily life worldwide - CNN

Alaska Lockdown announced yesterday:
Statewide shelter in place, travel ban ordered as Alaska sees first in-state COVID-19 death

Amid word of Alaska’s first in-state death from the new coronavirus Friday, the state issued a series of sweeping new mandates aimed at corralling the spread of the disease.

In effect Saturday at 5 p.m., Alaskans are ordered to shelter at home and close all non-essential businesses, officials said at a media briefing Friday evening. Residents are ordered to stay 6 feet away from anyone who isn’t a household member.

As of 8 a.m. Saturday, the state is also banning all non-essential travel within Alaska, to slow the spread of the virus between communities.

“We just want to let folks know at this point, given where we are and the cases are growing, we want to try to isolate as many Alaskans as possible,” Gov. Mike Dunleavy said.

WASHINGTON

Lake Stevens mayor signed an order for the #COVID19 pandemic which assigns days for grocery shopping and other essential activities by last name.
Last names A-M shop on even #'d days, and N-Z on odd.
This is a recommendation that cannot be enforced.
https://t.co/XJ1ncrZZaJ
Seattle Coronavirus Updates on Twitter

I wonder if part of this might have to do with tracing community spread? It could be easier if there was some sort of order to help things along. IDK, just a thought. MOO

Edited: not enough java yet this morning.

I’m still catching up in the last thread, and I’m seeing some discussion about if you don’t check out quickly enough you lose the items in your cart. This is absolutely true. This happened with me on amazon while trying to buy gardening soil.

The same thing applies with other grocery delivery services. I got a slot, went to check out, delivery slot gone.

So here’s how I’ve managed this: Have your online carts ready to go. Then keep hitting refresh for delivery, etc.

Trudeau presser in ~13 minutes.. news on now prior to such.

ETA: I have an attachment for what Sweden is not doing.. can't figure out how to delete.. it's for another response. Perhaps look at now while waiting for Trudeau. Boggles the mind!

Attachments

• Sweden.JPG
    Sweden.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 12
IMO....WE ARE NOW IN DOUBING GOING FORWARD...
EVERY 4 DAYS...
TUESDAY.....200,000
SATURDAY....400,000

Total U.S. coronavirus tally at the end of each Friday:

• Jan 17 — 0
• Jan 24 — 2
• Jan 31 — 7
• Feb 7 — 12
• Feb 14 — 15
• Feb 21 — 30
• Feb 28 — 65
• Mar 6 — 310
• Mar 13 — 2,224
• Mar 20 — 17,962
• Mar 27 — 102,636
Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count
Mike Baker on Twitter

Taking a copy of this list and saving it ...FOREVER.. Image signifies the beginning of the forever change to life in general as we know it.

#Connecticut update: FROM HOWARD FORMAN

"1291 have tested positive
173 CONFIRMED #COVID19 patients hospitalized (many more pending confirmation)
27 Dead"
1/2

"Reported(!) testing has been erratic (not clear how much day-to-day variation may be timing):
2/21 1502
2/22 800
2/23 1400
2/24 800
2/25 598
2/26 739
2/27 1763
Fact that numbers have stopped being round leads me to believe that recent figures are more accurate." 2/2
(((Howard Forman))) on Twitter

We need 2-3K tests per day & growing fast to serve the public interest & we are NOT there. But we are doing far better than #California where 57K tests are pending and their overall resulting rate is on par with #Connecticut despite being >10 times our population.

(((Howard Forman))) on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members