Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a daughter in central Florida and my FIL in south Gulf coast and another daughter in Brooklyn.

I am more worried about my family in Florida then my Brooklyn daughter.
Yes, it is scary here. I don't understand the way our governor is handling this crisis. I am grateful that I am able to keep my mom with me, and that we have chosen to isolate at home. So many others aren't able to go without a paycheck, and must work. My daughter is in communications, and considered essential, so she can't visit our house. She tells me that people are still out, and about in large numbers. I have many elderly neighbors that still go to the store, and choose not to remain at home.

[
I was just referring to the original idea before it was Travel Advisory. They throw terms around, and half the time, I don't even know what they mean. Our governor clarified and revised his orders. You have a lot of people who work between these states, and it can get real confusing if you start shutting down borders.

I know! Were they going to close down the bridges, tunnels and trains?

I laughed when they wanted to ban travel between states.

Ugh! :mad: I wonder how many packages he spat on.
I don't know. But I literally cancelled my Amazon order when I saw that video. :eek:

I had already ordered from instacart , and I peeked out my window, just in time to see my 'masked' delivery guy washing his hands with hand sanitiser before picking up my grocery bags.

So I gave him a big tip in a plastic baggie, and another baggie with a new mask and new pair of plastic gloves. [ saw that idea posted here upthread] He LOVED the mask and gloves.

So I transferred my Amazon order to instacart for now. :cool:

oh just stop it statlich. There are so many things being done wrong, just pretend you don't care who the name is. This country is NOT building a national plan of discovery, investigation and delivery. There is NO PLAN. The arbitrary decisions by states, and the feds is just bringing us to a much more disastrous situation. This is not political. This is business, medicine, logistics and desperately lacking of continuity. Not acceptable. I don't care if Military or Business steps into help....but our government MUST get the right help to discipline this.
Bill Gates: "if we do this thing properly, the percentage of people who get sick and die will be low"...BUT
You forgot to moo........moo

oh just stop it statlich. There are so many things being done wrong, just pretend you don't care who the name is. This country is NOT building a national plan of discovery, investigation and delivery. There is NO PLAN. The arbitrary decisions by states, and the feds is just bringing us to a much more disastrous situation. This is not political. This is business, medicine, logistics and desperately lacking of continuity. Not acceptable. I don't care if Military or Business steps into help....but our government MUST get the right help to discipline this.
Bill Gates: "if we do this thing properly, the percentage of people who get sick and die will be low"...BUT

Every state has a plan. ALL of 'em.

State and Local Government Planning | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC

SOUTH CAROLINA
@dixiegirl1035
30 miles east of Columbia

The quiet Kershaw County town remains South Carolina’s coronavirus hotspot, where close to one out of every 929 people have contracted the virus.
'Stretched to the limit': How Camden handles being the frontline of SC's COVID-19 outbreak
The Post and Courier on Twitter

"But Sheheen also speculated that it is possible Camden is, in fact, not an outlier, and that the community had simply mobilized faster than other parts of the state to understand the extent of the problem once the initial cases were detected.
Other areas of the state, particularly the populated counties of Richland and Charleston, have started catching up to Kershaw on the number of confirmed cases in recent days. The state’s health department has urged everyone across the state to take the same precautions regardless of the number of cases in their area.

“It would not surprise me if rates here were similar to many other communities around the state, it’s just they haven’t had the level of awareness that we have had because we found it early,” he said."

'cause if they don't................ their goes your "P" supply

89509113_2832933063492915_371480135271972864_o.jpg

source:facebook friend
Those two dogs need to do some hard time..........moooooooooooooooooo

It's my husband.

I've preached and told and given stats. etc etc . I'm too tired to go on. You guys get it.

I've never been called that word by him.

He's a good person.

Times are strange.

I think it will be better. We both had a hard day today.
When my guy sees me afraid, he feels helpless, and can be extra grouchy.

Here is what I don't understand. I have seen a lot of very dire warnings here, that we in the US are not following the strict quarantine that other countries did, that helped them flatten the curves.

And I have been reading about the very high numbers in NYC and Tri-state area, and also about the speak easy, and the partying and people not complying....etc...

So why all of the outrage when the administration considers a formal quarantine?

Cuomo said he considers it a war on NYC?

I am very confused....I thought we were in a very severe crisis and falling short?

UK

The mortality rate for patients put in intensive care after being infected with Covid-19 is running at close to 50%, a report has revealed.

Data from the Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre (ICNARC) showed that of 165 patients treated in critical care in England, Wales and Northern Ireland since the end of February, 79 died, while 86 survived and were discharged. The figures were taken from an audit of 775 people who have been or are in critical care with the disease, across 285 intensive care units. The remaining 610 patients continue to receive intensive care.

The high death rate raises questions about how effective critical care will be in saving the lives of people struck down by the disease. As a top priority, the NHS is opening field hospitals in London, Birmingham and Manchester, which will incorporate some of the biggest critical care units ever seen in Britain.

“The truth is that quite a lot of these individuals [in critical care] are going to die anyway and there is a fear that we are just ventilating them for the sake of it, for the sake of doing something for them, even though it won’t be effective. That’s a worry,” one doctor said.

The report also found that though the majority of those who have died from coronavirus across the UK were over 70, nine of the 79 who died in intensive care were aged between 16 and 49, as were 28 of the 86 who survived.

The audit suggested that men are at much higher risk from the virus – seven in ten of all ICU patients were male, while 30% of men in critical care were under 60, compared to just 15% of women. Excess weight also appears to be a significant risk factor; over 70% of patients were overweight, obese or clinically obese.

Covid-19 patients in UK intensive care have 50% survival rate | Coronavirus outbreak | The Guardian

Here is what I don't understand. I have seen a lot of very dire warnings here, that we in the US are not following the strict quarantine that other countries did, that helped them flatten the curves.

And I have been reading about the very high numbers in NYC and Tri-state area, and also about the speak easy, and the partying and people not complying....etc...

So why all of the outrage when the administration considers a formal quarantine?

Cuomo said he considers it a war on NYC?

I am very confused....I thought we were in a very severe crisis and falling short?
I don't get it either.

I think the President is resistant to a Federal declaration of Martial law. I doubt it will come to this, but it IS possible.

"At least 20 state governors have now called up their National Guard to assist with delivery of food and medical supplies, clean public facilities, and adapt some of those facilities to house patients if hospitals become overwhelmed. Guard personnel could also help enforce quarantines ordered by state governors, and even arrest violators."

Martial Law Would Sweep the Country Into a Great Legal Unknown

I lived in Montreal when the Canadian Prime Minister, Pierre Eliott Trudeau, invoked the War Measures Act (father of Justin Trudeau, current Prime Minister of Canada). I was a high school student, and there was martial law in the streets enforcing strict curfews. Bombs were being placed in mailboxes by the Front de Liberation du Quebec (spelling may be off), the FLQ, and a member of parliament was kidnapped and later found murdered in the trunk of a car. His name was Pierre LaPorte. He was the MP who represented our home district. Like your local congressman here in the U.S.

I don't know a lot about how this would work in the U.S., although I just read this article that was posted above. Interesting.

I have to say the Dr. Phil clip made me gag. I do feel sorry for the girl since she seems to have more things to worry about than this virus. She does not even have common sense. Life will be a struggle for her. No use being upset about her choices, she is beyond talking to. Hope her family can get her help. My opinions

Kensie - :p Potato chips are my weakness. I don't know which is worse - the six (6!!) bags of Cape Cod chips I have in the pantry or the 12 Jack's frozen pizzas DH has in the freezer! :D
I just had a grocery delivery from instacart. Unfortunately many of the grocery items were out of stock. No baking potatoes or rice or wheat bread.....but there was a bag with strawberry pop tarts, cheese-its, Reeses cups and honey graham crackers....so we will have lots of snacks...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB