Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Health chief says we must stay locked down until JUNE: UK could be made to remain at home for nearly three months to avoid worst effects of coronavirus and practice social distancing until October

Britain must stay locked down until JUNE says leading adviser | Daily Mail Online

I personally think this crisis is going to go on until there is a mass produced vaccine.

#StayHomeSaveLives

I agree, sadly. I can see quarantine being relaxed towards the end of the year but not before. And I think we’ll get waves of this until a vaccine is made available.

Florida coronavirus cases are growing fast. Here’s what that means.

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Florida is doubling every three days, putting the state on a trajectory to see tens of thousands of infections in the coming weeks.

The number of cases is already past the point of easy containment and infections are growing faster and faster, at what statisticians call an exponential rate.

By 11 a.m. Saturday, Florida had reported more than 3,700 cases — an increase of nearly 1,000 in 24 hours.

Florida remains one of the few states with a large outbreak not to issue a statewide order to keep residents at home.

A luxury cruise ship battling a Covid-19 outbreak would be allowed to pass through the Panama canal, allowing it to proceed to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

On Saturday evening the Panamanian government for “humanitarian reasons” reversed a decision to stop it passing through the canal.

“I’m still very concerned,” Broward county commissioner Michael Udine, said. “If this ship arrives here, it’s going to put a lot of pressure on our local health system.”

Coronavirus: Panama to allow cruise liner Zaandam through canal

The owners of the Zaandam, Holland America, said that more than 130 people on board had reported suffering "flu-like symptoms" and respiratory issues.

The ship is carrying more than 1,800 people, four people died and two others tested positive for coronavirus.

Coronavirus ship begins transferring passengers

I’m not feeling great tonight (mentally). Our prime minister has said that you should only leave your home for essentials. Then he said his wife left their home to buy jigsaw puzzles for their kids because they’re essential.
I don’t live with my partner and I miss him dearly.
I don’t know what’s going to happen when it’s my turn to have my kids in the holidays (shared care).
In other news my uncle with covid is feeling okay one week after diagnosis. My Aunty who lives with him tested negative twice. Still really worried about them.

Well, ya, understandable.
It's the momentum of the virus, always 2 weeks ahead of us,
that's unnerving.
Could make your head spin if you don't take those moments to refocus.
It is a lot to process.
And when it affects family members, it's dire.

Yes, we had testing of only medical personnel and first responders that wanted a test yesterday at our large testing spot in Holmdel.

So glad they are finding those carrying the virus here so it can be contained.

I believe the Holmdel site is open again today for testing to anyone with symptoms (no doctor note needed). Bring ID, NJ residents only.

Additional smaller county sites, in addition to sites already open, will start on Monday with a doctor's note and symptoms.

Thank you for reminding me of something very important Dr. Mike said recently: there’s no way I can even paraphrase, but I’ll try.

Basically he was saying that high numbers also indicate that testing is being done, which is critical, and therefore that is a good sign as far as detection goes. Moo

Nurse describes New Orleans hospital conditions

A nurse at a downtown New Orleans hospital has described the very difficult conditions at the facility. The nurse, who did not want to be identified out of fear that speaking to the media could lead to employment repercussions, described the situation at the hospital after finishing a shift two days ago.

"We are averaging five to seven intubations and three to four deaths a day. We have had to set up a temporary morgue (white box) outside the ED next to ambulance ramp for those who expire from COVID-19, this temporary morgue is full," the nurse said.

The nurse said that he situation at the hospital is dire, the staff are in better shape than some.

“We are being asked to recycle our N95 masks. We only have 16 unused ventilators left in hospital. We’ve been told the surrounding hospitals are at max capacity without ventilators, leaving our hospital and one other major hospitals left to care for these patients," the nurse said. "EMS are having to recruit volunteer EMT workers to help as New Orleans EMS paramedics are either in quarantine for exposure or sick themselves."

The nurse offered a grim prediction:

If this type of workflow continues into April, we will not be able to sustain as a hospital."

March 28 coronavirus news - CNN

Thank you for reminding me of something very important Dr. Mike said recently: there’s no way I can even paraphrase, but I’ll try.

Basically he was saying that high numbers also indicate that testing is being done, which is critical, and therefore that is a good sign as far as detection goes.

It's absolutely true. If a state is showing low numbers, look further into how many tests are administered. You'll be shocked at the lack of testing in any state outside the NJ or NY area.

COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

They added an additional link to each state, Click on the blue icon next to each state listing. You'll see total population in that state, how many tests administered and how many were positive/negative/pending.

Research before pointing fingers.

A real eye opener for those that think the virus is just in the NJ/NY area.

I’m not feeling great tonight (mentally). Our prime minister has said that you should only leave your home for essentials. Then he said his wife left their home to buy jigsaw puzzles for their kids because they’re essential.
I don’t live with my partner and I miss him dearly.
I don’t know what’s going to happen when it’s my turn to have my kids in the holidays (shared care).
In other news my uncle with covid is feeling okay one week after diagnosis. My Aunty who lives with him tested negative twice. Still really worried about them.

This is a really tough situation. Please know we are all going through this crisis together, you’re not alone and we are here for you anytime. Try to take a break from here and the news and do something you enjoy for a while. I know that is not easy and that it’s hard to enjoy anything right now but try anyway.

I am glad your Uncle is feeling okay I hope he stays that way and he fully recovers. Hopefully your Aunty won’t contract it. Look after yourself.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said he would sue Rhode Island if they did not roll back a policy of stopping all cars with New York license plates, but that he expects the two states will be able to work it out amicably.

"That clearly is unconstitutional," Cuomo said, adding he understands Rhode Island's goal of trying to slow the spread of coronavirus.

"But there's a point of absurdity, and I think what Rhode Island did is at the point of absurdity. Again, it is not even legal," he said.

No state should be using police to prohibit interstate travel in any way, Cuomo said.

March 28 coronavirus news - CNN

Coronavirus won't stop police arresting domestic abusers

Authorities are preparing for a spike in domestic abuse cases during the UK's coronavirus lockdown, a senior police officer has told Sky News.

Deputy Chief Constable Louisa Rolfe, from West Midlands Police, said data from China and Italy suggested incidents could "increase by three-fold" over the coming weeks, and that some abusers have already tried to manipulate the crisis.

"We did have one or two cases last week where offenders told us 'you cant arrest me, I've got COVID-19' but yes we can," she said.

Report: Coronavirus Could Kill Hundreds Of Homeless People In LA County
March 28, 2020 at 9:14 am

“LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — As many as 400 people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County could die from the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a report published Friday by the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health and two other universities

Researchers found that the pandemic will likely kill over 3,400 homeless people across the United States. Up to 1,200 of those deaths could come from California, and over 7,000 homeless people could be hospitalized in the state due to COVID-19.”

Last edited:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-scotland-52009857

1. Scotland's Chief Medical Officer Catherine Calderwood says restrictions on movements could last for 13 weeks.
  2. The number of people in Scotland who have died with coronavirus now stands at 40
  3. The number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in Scotland is now 1,245
  4. Scottish Secretary Alister Jack says he is showing coronavirus symptoms and is self-isolating at home
  5. Scotland's clinical director urges people only to use the 111 line if their symptoms get worse

L.A. County coronavirus cases top 1,800 with 6 new deaths reported
Mar 28, 2020 / 06:23 PM PDT

“COVID-19 cases in California topped 5,000 Saturday with at least 100 confirmed deaths.

Among those infected were a total of 24 Los Angeles Police Department employees and six Los Angeles Fire Department personnel, city officials said Saturday.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member