Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@katydid23 from previous thread:

Are they allowing people to purchase things from the fabric department? Someone posted upthread that 'non-essential' goods were no longer being sold.

I'm going tomorrow to get some things for my mom. I'll see what mine is doing.

Coronavirus: 563 more people die with COVID-19 in UK - bringing total to 2,352

Another 563 people have died in the UK after testing positive for coronavirus - bringing the total number of deaths to 2,352.

The deaths happened in the 24 hours before 5pm on Tuesday, the Department of Health said.

It is the largest increase so far.

Scotland reported another 16 deaths on Wednesday, bringing the total to 76.

In Wales, 29 more people have died, with the country's total now at 98.

Coronavirus: Woman fined £660 for refusing to tell police why she was out

A woman arrested by police for breaking a new coronavirus law has been fined £660 by magistrates.

According to police, Marie Dinou, 41, refused to explain to officers her reason for essential travel when they found her on a platform at Newcastle railway station.

She was arrested for breaching the new Coronavirus Act and ticket fraud and appeared in court two days later, where she denied the offences but was found guilty of both.

The best advice I've read/heard:

Behave as though you have the virus and as though everyone else has the virus

And I add to that, for myself, the concept of for the greater good, when deciding what to do and what not to do

ETA:
For the 1st part, because of the transmission characteristics including incubation period and asymptomatic people

Yes, This is definetly the approach.

A little self-sacrifice, doing without, making do?
Ordering non-essentials delivered.
For the 'greater good'.

I set up my first online shopping account,
ever, at WMT, on Sunday.
And I'm a techno dinosaur .

Why risk exposure, of myself or others
when I can order the items
from WMT online.

A real luxury, for me,
realizing, not all Canadians have access to the internet.

I am making a break during my home office day, this is my 2nd week at home. Mr. Darling is this week in the office, after we shared our home office together last week. My department is for the time being with no cases, he knows some cases, but those did not come to the office after the holidays (as they came from risky area, they were immediately asked to go into home office for 2weeks).

On the streets around our house or in the grocery, i have not really seen people wearing masks or gloves. But on the other side, we have this very behaving shops with just a few people inside and shopping alone. i have even seen TP ! and almost had the need to buy some, but then i remembered my calculation (i made an assessement, yes) for how long our supply lasts, so i managed to resist.

I have to admit that last week i was checking the statistics like every hour, meanwhile i got a bit better and have calmed my mind. But this week my sleep is not good, i am awake too long and then i get only a few house sleep.

Coronavirus: 563 more people die with COVID-19 in UK - bringing total to 2,352

Another 563 people have died in the UK after testing positive for coronavirus - bringing the total number of deaths to 2,352.

The deaths happened in the 24 hours before 5pm on Tuesday, the Department of Health said.

It is the largest increase so far.

Scotland reported another 16 deaths on Wednesday, bringing the total to 76.

In Wales, 29 more people have died, with the country's total now at 98.
Yes I just saw this. That's more than a 30% increase.
I was expecting it to be more than 2k but this could mean over 3k by tomorrow, if it stays at 30% daily increase. Here's the BBC report.

Further increase in UK virus deaths

"The BBC's head of statistics Robert Cuffe said the latest increases in the number of patients dying with coronavirus balance out with the below-average rises seen on Sunday and Monday.

"On average, over the last week, the number of new deaths has been growing just below a quarter every day - or doubling twice in a week," he said.

"That's slightly slower than earlier in the epidemic but if that keeps up, we'd expect to see in the region of a thousand deaths a day by the weekend.

"The scientific community is still warning that it takes time for the effect of measures like social distancing to feed through into the numbers on death. On average, those who died in the last few days were infected before the lockdown began." "

A thousand deaths a day by the weekend. OMG.

Good Morning all. I am getting super scared and really down.
The cases and deaths in my state are really increasing.
I have to go to the store today - no gloves and no mask.
I am scared. I am going to go to Publix instead of Walmart since the last time I went to
Walmart the crowd was like Christmas time.

I know that we are all scared and you folks have been a comfort to me.

Last edited:
I saw the report about the 'next two weeks' being brutal in the US.

Does anyone know 'which' two weeks or when they are expecting this tsunami of Wuhan Flu to hit North America?

If Henry is about, where are Canadian projections now please?? and thank you.

Local store is now screening for symptoms and if you have any, you are being denied into the grocery store!!!

With delivery windows running well into April, not good at all. ugh

The cases and deaths in my state are really are really increasing.
I am scared. I am going to go to Publix instead of Walmart since the last time I went to

Kensie, Please remember that the VAST Majority of people DO survive Corona!

You might get sick for a week or so, slow recovery but you will survive this in all likelyhood!

For those that think that New York is important to all as to their curve, what hospitals there are experience, what testing they are doing, what steps health care is doing, what testing result are, what hospitals are doing when under surge..

and not just isolated to each state... here is link to the thread that contains links for that state and NJ only, and has link to Cuomo's current presser that has started. The link to the presser is over there in the other thread...

New Jersey/New York - Coronavirus COVID-19

This is NOT meant to be a political post.

Last edited:
Kensie, Please remember that the VAST Majority of people DO survive Corona!

You might get sick for a week or so, slow recovery but you will survive this in all likelyhood!
This is very important, thank you!

The critical part is to slow down the spread as not to overhelm the medical system, so that they have time for more people to be treated and not all at the same time.

I saw the report about the 'next two weeks' being brutal in the US.

Does anyone know 'which' two weeks or when they are expecting this tsunami of Wuhan Flu to hit North America?

If Henry is about, where are Canadian projections now please?? and thank you.

Local store is now screening for symptoms and if you have any, you are being denied into the grocery store!!!

With delivery windows running well into April, not good at all. ugh
When will Canada pass the peak of COVID-19? Even the experts don't know

The cases and deaths in my state are really increasing.

I have tended to depression all my adult life. I find myself slipping as the evening goes on. Yesterday's news of 100,000 to 200,000 dead was shocking.

I have rules. I must get up, and tend to hygiene. Dress appropriately. Eat food from a proper dish, and clean the kitchen. No shortcuts. It helps me.

I go to Publix rather than Wmt now. I feel Publix is cleaner and more orderly.

I think of what our ancestors endured. We'll get through this.

Coronavirus: Entire street joins together for 'socially-distant' dancing outside homes

Families in a Cheshire street have been sharing a novel form of daily exercise during the coronavirus lockdown, by assembling outside their homes each morning for some "socially-distant" dancing.

Video shows people living on the road in Frodsham demonstrating their best moves after venturing out of their front doors for the bout of communal activity to music.

Elsa Williams is among the street's residents and posted the footage on Twitter.

"Socially distant dancing happens every day on our road at 11am during #lockdown. This was day seven," she said.

She explained the sessions were led by local fitness instructor Janet Woodcock, which she said only last 10 minutes so it causes "minimal disturbance".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member