Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wish we got american cheese here in Australia and recently we have started to get something similar in coles and woolworths in the pizza mix and the jalapeno mix ( omg best thing ever, waited my whole life for it to get here lol )

but American cheddar itself or Monterey/pepper jack impossible to find

awesome article though really eye opening

I’m in Melbourne. You can get all this at Costco if you have one near you!

Still continuing to follow science articles on research, and this one gives a lot of answers to blood clots, how disease progresses from lungs to other organs. And also speaks to what MSM and many science articles don't address. Is it RNA remnants of the virus that is being detected by PCR for these reports (DEAD/NON-INFECTIOUS) vs. the virus being grown/alive? It's really not that difficult to grow the virus in a virology lab with VERO cells... yet I think many studies are going off PCR which picks up dead viral particles, and MSM keeps picking this up and misleading folks that it's live virus MOO

The Nasopharyngeal swabs pick up the live virus from the posterior nasopharynx where they are in the highest concentration. The swabs are in a viral transport media for transport to the laboratory. Transport of these swabs in their containers is highly regulated by FDA and CDC biohazard protocols, in a tightly sealed, lined, specific metal container. ie: They should not just be in plastic bags.

The sample is then processed in the laboratory by adding specific chemicals that kill the virus and leave the RNA.

The non-contagious RNA particles are then analyzed by the RT-PCR or NAAT techniques.

No one is going to risk coming up with a live viral test such as a tissue culture. And Coronaviruses do not have characteristic viral changes such as CMV or Herpesvirus types do in tissue cultures.

This is just so awful. And we know it was pressure from the oil industry, where these pollutants are killing people. Down the road, we will suffer from this bigtime...
Paul Billings, a senior vice president of the American Lung Association, noted that the Harvard study came on top of other reports that linked the pollutant to premature deaths. “This pollution already kills tens of thousands of Americans every year.
That could be one of the factors in the unusually high percentage of cases of covid falling on poorer Americans of color. Where they can afford to live.

Last edited:
Latest updates

APRIL 14 5:45 a.m. — President Trump to focus on economy - when should the country reopen? Every day, a team of public health officials turns up in the White House briefing room to lay out measures being taken to contain the coronavirus pandemic. A different team, expected to be formally announced as early as Tuesday, has begun meeting behind closed doors in the West Wing to tackle another matter paramount to President Donald Trump: how to begin reopening the American economy. Read more here.

APRIL 14 5:30 a.m. — Will there be meat at the counter the next time you go to the grocery store? Several major packing plants across the country, including the world’s biggest pork producer, have closed because of employees catching COVID-19. Some analysts say there shouldn't be too much of a disruption in the supply chain, but the price of some meat could go up. Read more here.

APRIL 14 3:30 a.m. — Tokyo organizers say they have no “B Plan” if the Olympics need to be postponed again. They say they are proceeding under the assumption the Olympics will open on July 23, 2021. That date was set last month by the IOC and Japanese officials after the spreading coronavirus pandemic made it clear the Olympics could not be held as scheduled. Get more national/world updates here.

APRIL 14 1 a.m. — A prominent Virginia pastor who reportedly vowed to hold church services til 'jail or hospital' has died of coronavirus. His church confirms the Bishop died the day before Easter. Read more here.

APRIL 14 12 a.m. — More Amazon jobs: Amazon says it has filled 100,000 job openings it announced on March 16 and is now looking to fill another 75,000 positions. On its COVID-19 blog, the company said the positions include warehouse workers, delivery drivers and shoppers. Amazon also said it expects to spend $500 million in wage increases worldwide, up from a previously announced $350 million. Get more national/world updates here.

APRIL 14 12 a.m. — Thousands of American Airlines pilots, flight attendants take leave, early retirement: More than one-third of American Airlines pilots and flight attendants will take voluntary leave or early retirement, according to the Dallas Morning News. About 4,800 pilots are reportedly being offered voluntary leave while 715 are taking early retirement with partial pay and full benefits. That's in addition to 1,500 who were given voluntary leave for April. Get more national/world updates here.

Coronavirus updates: When should America get back to work? Trump expected to introduce new panel

Very interesting updates. What is an "amazon shopper"... is that just a phrase for "buyer" in the trade...or is that some unique Amazon thingy.

The Nasopharyngeal swabs pick up the live virus from the posterior nasopharynx where they are in the highest concentration. The swabs are in a viral transport media for transport to the laboratory. Transport of these swabs in their containers is highly regulated by FDA and CDC biohazard protocols, in a tightly sealed, lined, specific metal container. ie: They should not just be in plastic bags.

The sample is then processed in the laboratory by adding specific chemicals that kill the virus and leave the RNA.

The non-contagious RNA particles are then analyzed by the RT-PCR or NAAT techniques.

No one is going to risk coming up with a live viral test such as a tissue culture. And Coronaviruses do not have characteristic viral changes such as CMV or Herpesvirus types do in tissue cultures.
The way I've heard that they stick those swabs so far up the nose, I wonder.....is the test wrecked if one has a dry enough nose to bleed? I'm sure that would happen to me, no matter how much h20 I drink.

How Australia IGNORED the World Health Organisation

Daily Mail Australia
2 hrs ago
Australia appears to be finally flattening the infection curve in its battle against COVID-19 after the government decisively chose to ignore the World Health Organisation and respond to the pandemic in its own way.
Indeed, the Australian government has been one step ahead of the WHO since even before the deadly virus reached Australian shores on 25 January.

That week, while the WHO director-general was busy saying China should be 'congratulated' for protecting 'the people of the world', the Australian government was hatching a national plan to stop the virus.

On February 1, when there were 14,000 recorded cases in the world, Australia banned flights from China.

Two days later, on February 3, the WHO was still telling countries not to initiate travel bans.
Director-General Tedros Adhanom stood up in front of the world's media and said there was no need for measures that 'unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade'.
During a WHO meeting that day, China's delegate Li Song said banning Chinese people from travelling was 'seriously against recommendation by the WHO.'

But Scott Morrison took no notice and extended the ban before also blocking flights from Iran, South Korea and Italy, which also suffered outbreaks in February.

In radio interview with Alan Jones on 2GB on February 6, Mr Morrison backed his decision to ignore the WHO.

'We've noted all the things the WHO and others said. But frankly, we're making the calls based on what we think is best for Australia,' he said.

Then, on February 27, Australia became one of the first countries in the world to publicly declare the crisis had 'pandemic potential'.
Mr Morrison told news reporters that afternoon: 'Based on the expert medical advice we have received, there is every indication that the world will soon enter a pandemic phase of the coronavirus.'

Meanwhile, the WHO was still refusing to use the word even as cases around the globe soared to 83,000.

'If misused, [the word] can cause unreasonable fear, or unjustified acceptance that the fight is over,' director-general Adhanom said.

Finally, after huge international pressure, the WHO declared a pandemic on 11 March, two weeks after Mr Morrison used the word.

How Australia IGNORED the World Health Organisation | Daily Mail Online

The WHO made many blunders with the pandemic, appearing to prioritise short term economic gain over global population health, that I think they should be dismantled and replaced with people who are skilled at understanding long term consequences of decisions.

Australia made the right decisions early - doing exactly what China did. China restricted movement and travel in China, and every other country should have done the same thing - preventing China's people from travelling out of China. Instead, WHO advice allowed sick people to travel to every region in the world. The WHO should have anticipated that if China could not contain the virus, every other country would have the same problem.

Today, every country is restricting travel. Obviously that was the right thing to do at the beginning.

I haven't had any dreams about the coronavirus,
but I may be dreaming 'bout Velveeta, tonight.
Actually I'm getting kind of tired of garden spinach, quinoa, squash, carrots and chicken or tuna chunks. I could go for some Velveeta. lol. No cheese in the house right now! And I can't justify going out just to get cheese when I might pick up something worse.

I know, right? I’m surprised, but yes, that is it. We keep some around for grilled cheese. The stuff lasts forever, so if you run out of good cheese, you can always fall back on this.

ETA- It also comes in blocks in boxes and it is useful because it is very creamy when it melts. It’s the easiest to make Mac and cheese with. Mac and cheese is its own food group here in America!
true statement!

Not even real Cheese. Not even real American (Kraft was Canadian!!)
What Exactly is American Cheese?
I love cheese. All kinds, white, blue, orange, crumbly, creamy, sharp or mild, smelly or not. Just not a fan of the process cheese slices.

I was born in England and moved to Canada as a child. There were lots of things I hated when I first arrived. Peanut butter. The ice cream! Hot dogs. And that cheese, among other things. Canadian kids couldn't understand my love affair with watercress (aka 'grass') or cucumber sandwiches, though, so I guess it evened out.

I got to like peanut butter, the ice cream and hot dogs but I never really got on board with the cheese slice stuff. I love grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato tarragon soup but make them with regular cheddar.

Hmmm, wonder if they are getting them out by birth date or last name alphabetically? Is your last name Aaaaardvark who was born at 12:01 on January 1st? :D
:D:D:D You made me laugh!!! Well, my name falls in the middle of the alphabet. We are the sort that files our taxes very early, as soon as we get the documentation needed. This year it was at the end of January that our taxes were filed. Maybe that has something to do with it?

BBM:

snipped

"when I saw all those the MSM expert physicians saying.... Oh its just the flu."

Source, please. TIA.

The first 10 minutes of the WH press conference, right after Dr. Fauci speaks, msn physicians and "experts" followed by the Governors praising him. Yeah, they were all recorded, produced and shown on national media TV by our major networks.

This has me laughing so hard. Us girls who grew up camping since childhood, or boating since childhood, know that we don't need a bottle to pee in. Seriously, if you are camping or boating you need a vehicle to pee in, and then have to dispose of? Nope. MOO. Ummmmmm, use your imagination but no need for such in either of those situations... MOO

... still laughing at the thought such is needed, or validates their product by claiming such.

Yet I do respect that others here think that doing it the way I did growing up/would still do is "a way which is socially unacceptable for men and women to pee, and is needed to collect the pee in a bottle when boating or camping for both genders"
I understand! I thought some ladies might be more bashful about going on the side of the road. :oops: I’m not the bashful type but I like to have options!

The reporter who asked on April 13 what was done in the month of February should have done her homework. Reminded me of the reporter who asked about the price of oil but did not know the price of oil so Trump told him to come back when he knew, and he did on a later day when he started his question "The price of oil today is *advertiser censored*, what do you think about .... " and the president answered nicely to him that day (I think it was the same reporter but not 100% sure).

Why ask this question in April anyway? Is the president supposed to spend 40 minutes listing and detailing all the things that happened between February 1st through February 29th? For what purpose? When you can just look it up?

February Timeline:

February 3: The CDC had a team ready to travel to China to obtain critical information on the novel coronavirus, but were in the U.S. awaiting permission to enter by the Chinese government.

February 4: President Trump vowed in his State of the Union Address to “take all necessary steps” to protect Americans from the coronavirus.

February 6: The CDC began shipping CDC-Developed test kits for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus to U.S. and international labs.

February 7: President Trump told reporters that the CDC is working with China on the coronavirus.

February 9: The White House Coronavirus Task Force briefed governors from across the nation at the National Governors’ Association Meeting in Washington.

February 11: The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) expanded a partnership with Janssen Research & Development to “expedite the development” of a coronavirus vaccine.

February 12: The U.S. shipped test kits for the 2019 novel coronavirus to approximately 30 countries who lacked the necessary reagents and other materials.

February 12: The CDC was prepared to travel to China but had yet to receive permission from the Chinese government.

February 14: The CDC began working with five labs to conduct “community-based influenza surveillance” to study and detect the spread of coronavirus.

February 18: HHS announced it would engage with Sanofi Pasteur in an effort to quickly develop a coronavirus vaccine and to develop treatment for coronavirus infections.

February 22: A WHO team of international experts arrives in Wuhan, China.

February 24: The Trump Administration sent a letter to Congress requesting at least $2.5 billion to help combat the spread of the coronavirus.

February 26: President Trump discussed coronavirus containment efforts with Indian PM Modi and updated the press on his Administration’s containment efforts in the U.S. during his state visit to India.

February 29: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) allowed certified labs to develop and begin testing coronavirus testing kits while reviewing pending applications.

February 29: The Trump Administration:

• Announced a level 4 travel advisory to areas of Italy and South Korea.
  • Barred all travel to Iran.
  • Barred the entry of foreign citizens who visited Iran in the last 14 days.

Yes, but it is also the bank were our tax refund was deposited this year and I believe that is where they are going? MOO
See, that's one problem that hasn't been discussed. (Not that you got your check, I'm happy for you.). But Mnuchin, and all of the newspaper articles I've seen say, paraphrased, direct deposits will go to 1) tax filers who have declared their bank routing information for refunds. or 2) SS recipients who don't file and get their monthly deposits in their bank account. Then maybe even a month later they will send out checks to people who have only their addresses on file.

But there are holes in that.....what if a taxpayer, ie maybe self employed, doesn't normally get a refund? I file my routing info every year, despite not getting refunds. But a few months ago they sent me a tax payment via a check to my house. When they have years of my stating my routing info.

I'm not broke, but I just want things to be fair. Which is why I wonder if any SS recipients have got their payments via the bank where they normally get their check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member