Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've asked this question on multiple social media platforms. The overwhelming answer is almost no one knows someone who tested positive and even less that know someone hospitalized. I don't see any social media posts asking for prayers for a friend or loved one either.
I know a father and son who tested positive. Late 60s and mid 40s. Neither hospitalized. Father moved in with son to take care of him. Both are sick but son is worse.

I know of 6 infected and were tested positive. Recovered. 2 of that 6 had 4 very scary days. One elderly in her 80's in ICU. She died. I dont know her but I know her Family. Speaking to my City with a very low rate. If I were to drive 3 hrs. North East it exploded. 1 hr each way of me so much higher.

Despite my early warnings one of my adult kids doesn’t have one. I was going to suggest to them looking in the baby product aisle vs the adult healthcare products at the stores. Probably all out there too but hopefully she can find one :confused:

how about your local Tractor supply or other animal goods store? It’s essentially doing the same job whether on people or animals.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/producers-pride-digital-thermometer?cm_vc=-10005

I was tested yesterday. I am not ill but it's required for me to return to work. I had the throat swab which was not so bad. I had an appt. and I was in and out in about 20 min. Brief medical history. Who I was exposed to back in March. Swab and out the door I went. I agreed to stay on at 30 hrs. a month with a very light case load. Reports I can do in Office or from home. Piece of sanity lol.

congrats I'm glad you were able to negotiate your preferred schedule

Idk, what temp completely kills the germs? I genuinely don’t know, I’m not being sarcastic.

I am pretty sure that cooking food in the Instant Pot pressure cooker probably kills almost anything. It cooks food above temp of boiling water, which is 212 F. The Instant Pot cooks food at around 248 F.

That being said, I don't know what germs it kills. Or bacteria. I am still confused by touch spread of this virus. I thought that it was a respiratory virus.

So, I guess if you sneezed in your hand, wiped it on a door handle and I touched the same door handle, a few minutes later, then I rubbed my eye I could get the virus?

My City presently has 53 active cases. Small field Hospital was set up early in. It remains. I'm pleased. Numbers can change at any time. Especially with summer coming for many and restrictions are lifted.

Out of options, a man in Montreal applies for a job to be able to see his elderly mother who is isolated in a long term care home and tested positive for COVID-19. In spite of her having early onset alzheimer's and loss of hearing and vision, she recognizes him, even though he is wearing PPE, she knows it is him, she recognizes his voice and shoulders. A heartwarming account.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mont...me_daily&sfi=3ed6ee7275a1d53693910f5f869ee324

Medical personnel are people too, and not all are saints. Know one who took an early retirement rather than a risk.
My pregnant niece, was an ER nurse. Her community had very low numbers. But her husband and parents helped convince her to take time off and have the baby before going back to work.

I think it was the right decision for her. This is her first child, and he was born last week. ;)

They are both doing fine and she will take parental leave now and then she will decide in 5 more weeks, what to do next.

She had 2 previous miscarriages and her husband strongly suggested she stay home and protect this baby. She felt guilty for doing so at first, because there were some viral cases in her hospital that her co-workers had to deal with. But her first priority was her unborn baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025