DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethiopia Says It Shot Down Coronavirus Aid Plane Headed to Somalia

Scott McDonald
10 hrs ago.
A Kenyan plane carrying humanitarian medical supplies to help aid the COVID-19 pandemic in eastern Africa was reportedly shot down earlier this week by the Ethiopian army.

The plane crashed into flames near the airport in Bardale, which is located in a southwestern part of the Somalia—about 180 miles from the capital of Mogadishu on the coast of the Indian Ocean—but relatively close to the area where Ethiopia, Kenya and Somalia intersect.
Whereas the BBC said the plane "may have been shot down," the al-Jazeera network said Ethiopian military shot it down while "mistakenly" thinking it was a plane on a "suicide mission."
The African Express plane was carrying humanitarian and medical supplies to help in the COVID-19 pandemic, also known as the coronavirus crisis. All six people on board—two Kenyans and four Somali nationals—were killed in the crash.

They closed our dog parks day after a few pets were diagnosed - not locally I forget where exactly . Is that common I wonder.(shutting the dog parks)
Our animal hospital (Tufts) is doing cv tests on pets -dogs? And cats? Maybe
Eta link- testing existing patients for research purposes Not like walk in testing
Can Pets Get or Spread COVID-19?

That's why only 5 at a time are allowed in the dog park! On leash no less!!
Lol
Moo

Last edited:
Thanks. I watch the local news and read the local paper. I also keep up with all areas of my state and other states. We have had 25 deaths in our parish. I have a vast view of the city from my 8th floor windows and there's quite a lot of traffic even at night. It just doesn't seem like people are staying home.

Thanks for the link. I will save it.
Ok so your parish is Oachitu with 25 deaths? With the worldometers site if you click on the heading of any column it will sort the data by that column so if you click on the deaths column it will sort the counties by the numbers of deaths so you can see how your county is doing compared to others.

Example to follow. Sorted by total deaths column.

Louisiana Coronavirus: 31,600 Cases and 2,286 Deaths (COVID-19 ) - Worldometer

That's so cool. Massachusetts is smart. Not at all the case here in SoCal (except in L.A. County where it is mandated and people are obeying).
Not sure how it is in outlying areas, but yes, we have done well. A good governor (can't believe I'm writing this about Charlie!) and elected officials who care. Leadership makes a huge difference. It's everything in a crisis, just like in a battle. My degree is in military history and I know this! lol.

Yesterday was my first day of full mask wearing for 8 hours. I couldn't stand it. It was hot, suffocating, my glasses fogged up, I poked my eye when taking the mask off. My chin was sweaty. I felt like the mask was soggy after 30 minutes.

Day One, of the rest of my life.

I am committed to learning how to make masks now. To be able to change more frequently. And find one I like better.
Good for you for committing to find one you like better rather than throwing in the towel. I try to quiz my friends on FB who are complaining so I can find a solution for them.

I very much recommend the following site. I find it to be very accurate, especially with their predictions for 30 days out. I have been starting to closely follow the table listing the % Chance that there will be so many Deaths as of a certain date. I'm watching as the August 1, 400K Dead stat is slowly beginning to rise. Over the past few days, it's gone from 1% to 5%. That essentially means their projection believes, that as of May 10, there is a 5% chance that with ongoing conditions, there is a 5% chance that in 83 days, there will be 400,000 Dead in the U.S. Scary *advertiser censored*.

COVID-19 Projections Using Machine Learning

It was worse than that. We were actually advised by authorities in US to not wear masks, and claims were made that general public could not be trusted to wear masks properly and risk of infection would actually increase.

Yes, exactly. And I bought into that for about two days until I started reading up on the mask literature. It's true that if you only have inhaled a tiny amount of virions, the mask can be a breeding ground but let's face it - your lungs are where it wants to go. It's already inside your mask? It's inside you. If you're actively virulent, probably not a good idea to wear a mask, you must stay home - or go to the doctor wearing a mask to protect others.

Unfortunately, in almost any crowded environment, including the canyons in between tall buildings, CoVid can be exhaled (by many people who are often asymptomatic) and then a bunch more people get it. Genie out of the bottle, as we've seen.

It was all a cover-up for the fact that no one had stockpiled the right kinds of masks for a pandemic (not even the military, not even FEMA) and now it turns out we don't have a lot of them made within the US. Things are not arriving from China except by specially chartered plans (expensive - prohibitively so for places like Amazon to stock up - Amazon was about the only entity in the US that had a supply of various masks at the beginning).

Lowes's and Home Depot had them in the Western US - but they sold out almost immediately because...common sense.

So anytime you encounter someone close up, you are a possible CoVid carrier until you self-isolate for a week or more to make sure you didn't get it. That's why we wish that some people would stay home and not get in their cars and drive everywhere specifically to walk on sidewalks or sit on grass/sand near tons of other people.

They closed our dog parks day after a few pets were diagnosed - not locally I forget where exactly . Is that common I wonder.(shutting the dog parks)
Our animal hospital (Tufts) is doing cv tests on pets -dogs? And cats? Maybe
Eta link- testing existing patients for research purposes Not like walk in testing
Can Pets Get or Spread COVID-19?
They closed ours because there are groups that met every morning or certain days of the week. They were not social distancing.
Moo

Last edited:

Wuhan airport drill for passenger with a new type of coronavirus last SEPTEMBER, French athletes falling sick in the city in OCTOBER and a warning by Bat Woman expert A YEAR ago... so when did Covid first erupt in China?

Ian Birrell
16 hrs ago
On the afternoon of September 18 last year, the customs office at Wuhan Tianhe airport received an emergency message that a passenger on an incoming flight was unwell and distressed with breathing difficulties.

Staff at the glistening modern airport rushed into emergency mode, donning protective masks as managers unleashed their action plans.

Soon afterwards, ‘the Wuhan First Aid Centre reported that the transfer case had been clinically diagnosed as a novel type of coronavirus’, according to a journalist from a state media agency.
Yet what a strange coincidence they picked that particular exercise, given what was soon to unfold in Wuhan as birthplace of a global pandemic. As one person later asked on social media: ‘Why did they choose a new coronavirus to drill?’

Now this question has become all the more pertinent with last week’s revelation that French athletes think they caught Covid-19 while competing in those games.

Several fell ill with bad flu-like symptoms during the event, which took place over nine days from October 18. ‘A lot of athletes at the World Military Games were very ill,’ said Elodie Clouvel, a world champion modern pentathlete.

This followed the revelation that a fishmonger treated in a Paris hospital for suspected pneumonia on December 27 had been confirmed as a victim of the new virus. He was baffled since he had not travelled abroad.

This was, the agency reported, a drill to test responses in advance of the World Military Games, which were being held the following month with 10,000 competitors due in the fast-growing city in central China. Officials passed with flying colours.

This is very significant. China notified the disease to the World Health Organisation four days after the Frenchman was in hospital and did not put Wuhan into lockdown for a further 24 days.

One study found this virus spreads so fast that if officials had acted three weeks sooner, they would have reduced cases by 95 per cent. Even one week faster could have cut numbers by two-thirds.

Wuhan, a city of 11 million people, is a transport hub. Over three crucial months from December, there were 7,530 flights between there and other parts of China, carrying more than one million passengers – and ten direct flights to the UK.

Wuhan, a city of 11 million people, is a transport hub. Over three crucial months from December, there were 7,530 flights between there and other parts of China, carrying more than one million passengers – and ten direct flights to the UK.

Yet even in January, Chinese leaders prevented expert outside teams from investigating the virus, silenced doctors trying to warn citizens and refused to admit there was human transmission until January 20.

Ethiopia Says It Shot Down Coronavirus Aid Plane Headed to Somalia

Scott McDonald
10 hrs ago.
A Kenyan plane carrying humanitarian medical supplies to help aid the COVID-19 pandemic in eastern Africa was reportedly shot down earlier this week by the Ethiopian army.

The plane crashed into flames near the airport in Bardale, which is located in a southwestern part of the Somalia—about 180 miles from the capital of Mogadishu on the coast of the Indian Ocean—but relatively close to the area where Ethiopia, Kenya and Somalia intersect.
Whereas the BBC said the plane "may have been shot down," the al-Jazeera network said Ethiopian military shot it down while "mistakenly" thinking it was a plane on a "suicide mission."
The African Express plane was carrying humanitarian and medical supplies to help in the COVID-19 pandemic, also known as the coronavirus crisis. All six people on board—two Kenyans and four Somali nationals—were killed in the crash.

terrible

A good rule of thumb about wearing a mask is, if you have to ask whether you should wear a mask, yes, wear a mask.
What about face shields or goggles? Does the same rule of thumb apply to those?

:(Mass. cop now in critical condition, ‘has now entered organ failure’ due to coronavirus
more at link /Central Massachusetts

Rutland police officer John D. Songy is on a ventilator and in critical condition at St. Vincent Hospital after his body rejected coronavirus medication, remdesivir.
“It is with a heavy heart that I am posting that John is now in critical condition because of all the struggling he has done and all the medications he has received. He has now entered organ failure,” said Joanne. “The care team states there is nothing that could have been done differently.”

Last edited:
I very much recommend the following site. I find it to be very accurate, especially with their predictions for 30 days out. I have been starting to closely follow the table listing the % Chance that there will be so many Deaths as of a certain date. I'm watching as the August 1, 400K Dead stat is slowly beginning to rise. Over the past few days, it's gone from 1% to 5%. That essentially means their projection believes, that as of May 10, there is a 5% chance that with ongoing conditions, there is a 5% chance that in 83 days, there will be 400,000 Dead in the U.S. Scary ****.

COVID-19 Projections Using Machine Learning

I predicted 96,000 dead by May 24, and I thought I was being not-so-optimistic. Now it's obvious that I was wrong and we'll reach that number by May 18 at the rate we're going (and with states stopping their measures to prevent it).

Now, it seems clear we'll be at 120,000 by May 31 (and again, I'm being optimistic - the fact that several states have now stopped or slowed down their already paltry testing is a huge concern - at some point, I expect my employer to ban travel to those states for employees).

The model you posted presents about 101.5K deaths by May 24 and 110K by May 31 if things go relatively well and people keep being sensible.

This is for the U.S. I don't think we'll get to 400,000 dead...but it seems almost impossible to avoid 200K by August 1.

I don't think anyone has done a separate model showing the sad facts that by end of year, many of our most vulnerable may in fact be dead (nursing home residents, medically fragile people who contract it, the very elderly who can clearly get it after a brief trip to a grocery store and a chance encounter with a carrier; the obese socializing population - which may account for a third of those deaths).

After that, it will just be CoVid against the more healthy population and as the article posted by @robespierre shows, this is not a disease that the healthy want to get, even though that's going to be the 2021 phase. It will be a much lower rate of death, and a slower rate of transmission, but people who get this are still going to have about a 30% change of being pretty sick - a 20% chance of being seriously or gravely ill.

OTOH, the medical news about the synthesis of monoclonal antibodies is super encouraging and I think medical science will win out over CoVid by mid 2021, perhaps earlier in states that fund research and build their own system of vaccine/antibody delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971