Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yogen Kanthi, assistant professor in the division of cardiovascular medicine at the University of Michigan, said that it has been clear that the combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin — used to treat bacterial infections — could lead to cardiac arrhythmias, which cause the heart to beat irregularly or too fast or slow. Many patients hospitalized for covid-19 had underlying cardiovascular disease that put them at higher risk for arrhythmias, “so it shouldn’t be surprising we saw an increase in death,” he said."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...d024fe-96bd-11ea-9f5e-56d8239bf9ad_story.html

Lots.
"Antimalarials widely used against COVID-19 heighten risk of cardiac arrest. How can doctors minimize the danger?"
Antimalarials widely used against COVID-19 heighten risk of cardiac arrest. How can doctors minimize the danger?
Seems like it could be the CV19 causing the heart problems.

"Because pre-existing heart conditions seem to increase the severity of COVID-19, many patients may already be at risk of arrhythmia. And the virus itself can attack many organs, including the heart and kidneys, damage that can bump arrhythmia risk higher as a patient deteriorates."

I know it can be mild. But are the Covid19 deaths happening with those with mild underlying conditions, or those with more severe conditions?

COPD is actually much lower a comorbidity than many other conditions:
The most significant are Hypertension and Diabetes.
Each of these could have mild to severe as well. I know people with both Type I and Type 2. I know that Type 1 is much worse than type 2, but have no idea how they differentiate between mild and severe in Type 2.

I believe this lower number of COPD as a comorbidity is due to the increasing data of what this virus is actually doing in the body. The lungs are not a cause, as much as just a launching pad for the further body organ and cell damage.

Leading comorbidities in order are as follows: (Taken from the New York State Covid data)
  1. Hypertension
  2. Diabetes
  3. Hyperlipidemia (basically high HDL cholesterol
  4. Dementia (lower in US than EU countries)
  5. Coronary AD
  6. Renal
  7. COPD
  8. Atrial Fibrilation
  9. Cancer

This is the data from yesterdays video from Dr. John Campbell. He has great discussion about how herd immunity is coming along in the UK; how cases in London are way way down, but all the outlying regions of the country are increasing; this comorbidities data in NY State; other countries like Pakistan, Russia, South Africa.....

His international statistics are always quite valuable. The bit about comorbidities is at 22:00

From the National Institutes of Health (NIH) website regarding announcement of the clinical trial of hydroxycholoroquine and azithromycin, several days ago:

"Repurposing existing drugs is an attractive option because these medications have undergone extensive testing, allowing them to move quickly into clinical trials and accelerating their potential approval for COVID-19 treatment,” said NIAID Director Anthony S. Fauci, M.D.

While hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin are both considered safe in most people, they can cause side effects ranging from headache and nausea to, rarely, heart rhythm problems that can be life-threatening.

I know it can be mild. But are the Covid19 deaths happening with those with mild underlying conditions, or those with more severe conditions?

we have no way of knowing---i look at the virus this way-- i have mild to moderate
asthma-- i take a steroid inhaler only , one puff every other day, and i rarely
need a rescue inhaler-- that said, i believe any degree of lung disease puts a person
at great risk- mild or severe, from ths virus, especially because this is primarily a
respiratory virus.

COPD is actually much lower a comorbidity than many other conditions:
The most significant are Hypertension and Diabetes.
Each of these could have mild to severe as well. I know people with both Type I and Type 2. I know that Type 1 is much worse than type 2, but have no idea how they differentiate between mild and severe in Type 2.

I believe this lower number of COPD as a comorbidity is due to the increasing data of what this virus is actually doing in the body. The lungs are not a cause, as much as just a launching pad for the further body organ and cell damage.

Leading comorbidities in order are as follows: (Taken from the New York State Covid data)
  1. Hypertension
  2. Diabetes
  3. Hyperlipidemia (basically high HDL cholesterol
  4. Dementia (lower in US than EU countries)
  5. Coronary AD
  6. Renal
  7. COPD
  8. Atrial Fibrilation
  9. Cancer

This is the data from yesterdays video from Dr. John Campbell. He has great discussion about how herd immunity is coming along in the UK; how cases in London are way way down, but all the outlying regions of the country are increasing; this comorbidities data in NY State; other countries like Pakistan, Russia, South Africa.....

His international statistics are always quite valuable. The bit about comorbidities is at 22:00

Interesting that in an earlier video, Dr. Fauci said that he didn't consider hypertension that is under control to be a co-morbidity. Interview with JAMA editor posted here several weeks ago. I think there is also a you tube video of the interview.

Fauci is now doing a clinical trial with hydroxycholoroquine at the National Institutes of Health. If it wasn't promising, the NIH wouldn't put money into a clinical research study.

This too.

Trials of drugs to prevent coronavirus infection begin in health care workers | Science | AAAS

They have designed a trial in which 40,000 doctors and nurses in Asia, Africa, and Europe will prophylactically receive chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine, two old drugs against malaria. White hopes the trial will start this month, but its launch has been “incredibly difficult because of bureaucratic processes,” he says

Last edited:
Clinical trials are being done to figure out if something is promising (efficient) or not. Lots of clinical trials fail. So the idea that you only do clinical trials on something that will work doesn't hold water.

With the sooo many trials for the hydroxi chloraquine, many have had such faulty data and measurements. I feel good that Fauci is doing additional tests.... I would trust NIH more than some of these labs throwing out PR data on main stream media (whether they show promise, or whether they show flop)

One of the important issues for hydrochloraquine is WHEN it is given. And whether it includes zinc. We still need more research on the various cocktails.

Dr. Seheult's youtube discusses the need to look at ZINC with the hydrochloraquine.

I believe NIH is more rigid and will probably take longer, but I will still trust them more. .

(I always misspell this hydra...stuff too....so as my personal theory goes, i don't think it will be memorable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocky.marie