Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother's step-daughter and her husband WERE associated with Broadway plays. They have been told to find other employment. 99.9% certain Broadway and/or off-Broadway will not be returning in the near future. They have not been trained/educated in skills other than acting and producing. Lots of luck.

Eventually more will ask "at what cost" in reference to civilization. If I could weep, I would weep for this.

“He didn’t really believe, he thought the disease was a hoax. He thought he was young and he was invincible and wouldn’t get affected by the disease,” Appleby told KSAT.

According to the doctor, the man went to a “COVID party.” Appleby said a “COVID party” is when someone who contracts the virus invites friends over for a party “to see if they can beat the disease.”

“One of the things that was heart-wrenching that he said to his nurse was, ‘you know, I think I made a mistake’ and this young man went to a COVID part,” Appleby said.

Texas Doctor Says Man Died After Attending 'COVID Party'

This man thought it was a “hoax” too :( :

Tuscaloosa man dies of COVID-19, family says he refused to wear mask

“Amy and Tyler Hinton say their father, Joe Hinton, thought COVID-19 was a hoax and didn't believe in wearing masks.

"He did not want to wear a mask, he did not think that it was a very big deal. He thought, like a lot of people, that it was being blown out of proportion," Amy said about her father.“

[...]

“"The most important thing for people to take away from this is, you don't want yourself or your loved one to have gone the way that he went which was alone, the only support he had was me on the phone, and I don't even know if he could hear, and if you get admitted to the hospital, you're going to die alone, and that's such a difficult thing to wrap your mind around," Tyler said.

The siblings said COVID-19 is real and their dad's story is a prime example.

"I think that his death should mean something, and it shouldn't be just a senseless tragedy that my family has had to go through, and I think that he would be proud and he's up there saying ' I guess I was wrong," but if I can convince one person to wear a mask, that is one more person that could possibly have it and be asymptomatic and not cause someone else to lose their dad," Amy said.”

Dr Fauci ....

"I have a reputation, as you probably have figured out, of speaking the truth at all times and not sugar-coating things," Dr Fauci told the Financial Times this week.
"And that may be one of the reasons why I haven't been on television very much lately."

Trump and top COVID-19 expert not speaking as pandemic worsens

IMO, Dr Fauci is someone who has kept his integrity intact throughout this nightmare. Again JMO, but all I see when I look at him is kindness, decency and concern.
I may have a bit of a crush... ❤️

IMO, Dr Fauci is someone who has kept his integrity intact throughout this nightmare. Again JMO, but all I see when I look at him is kindness, decency and concern.
I may have a bit of a crush... ❤️

You wouldn’t be the only one! :) Because of Dr Fauci’s integrity and obvious “kindness, decency and concern” as you put it, he is the only one on the task force I trust implicitly to tell the truth. All I hear with the rest of them are what I call “weasel words” so they stay out of trouble. They sound good, but I’m afraid they’ve sold their souls...even Dr Birx to some degree.

How can people still believe this is a hoax?!! It's mind boggling. Hundreds of thousands of people have died around the world. Millions have been infected. I just can't fathom the mentality of those who are still clinging to denial with a proverbial death grip.

I'm very angry at the those who politicized this tragedy. So many preventable deaths, and hospitalizations. We're still learning about the long term effects of those who survive. The virus doesn't discriminate and I wouldn't wish this on anyone. We all need to act responsibly and try to do our part to halt the spread of infection worldwide.

WHO experts arrive in China for COVID investigation

WHO experts arrive in China for COVID investigation

Sky News Australia

3 hrs ago
An investigative team from the World Health Organisation has landed in China to lay the groundwork for the COVID-19 probe.
The two-person team consists of an animal health expert and an epidemiologist

Both experts will set the stage for a larger operation by the global health body

Tokyo shopkeepers brace for another slowdown as coronavirus flares

Tokyo shopkeepers brace for another slowdown as coronavirus flares

By Junko Fujita and Rocky Swift

19 hrs ago
TOKYO (Reuters) - Two straight days of record novel coronavirus infections in the Japanese capital have dashed shopkeepers' hopes that business can get back to normal any time soon.

Tokyo reported a record daily high of 243 new infections on Friday, following 224 the day before, as authorities stepped up testing in nightlife districts.
Yoshiaki Katsuda, a professor at Kansai University of Social Welfare, said that the spike of cases in Tokyo appears to have followed on from the reopening of businesses in the middle of June.

Although the bulk of new cases are young people, the danger is that they infect their more vulnerable parents and grandparents.

"If that happens, the burden on the medical services will increase sharply," Katsuda said.

"I'm quite afraid of that."

This one is clearly wrong though. In Wales we had a 5 mile limit but feeding animals was considered essential, farmers and horse owners have to travel to where their animals are kept. That is quite clear. I would imagine Oz had a similar clause and this must have been a mistake. MOO.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...eding-her-horse-just-13km-from-home-c-1158979

Just an update on this story. VicPol have just posted on their FB timeline:

Victoria Police is aware of a recent media report on a woman who was allegedly fined for breaching the Stage 3 Stay at Home directions on her way home from feeding her horse.

Following an extensive search of our system, we cannot find any record of a fine being issued

We have since spoken to the woman who has confirmed she has not received a fine, but was told she would receive one in the mail.

Based on the circumstances Victoria Police does not intend to proceed with the matter.

Victoria Police

I was talking to a friend last night who was tested at a drive through testing centre this week. Interesting to hear how it was all done with no contact, and encouraging to know she got the result by text message exactly 15 hours & 10 minutes after her appointment.

I do not understand why it’s taking days and days in the US. Surely this can’t be helping contain the spread.

I was talking to a friend last night who was tested at a drive through testing centre this week. Interesting to hear how it was all done with no contact, and encouraging to know she got the result by text message exactly 15 hours & 10 minutes after her appointment.

I do not understand why it’s taking days and days in the US. Surely this can’t be helping contain the spread.

My niece (who I live with) had one last week after developing a sore throat. We have drive through testing available at various shopping centres around Melbourne (Australia). It took about half an hour all up and she was tested at about 3pm. They said it could take 1-3 days for results, but she got them at 10am the next morning. I wasn’t allowed to go to work that night until she got the all clear. Despite saying it felt like a lobotomy, it was overall a pretty quick and painless process!

My niece (who I live with) had one last week after developing a sore throat. We have drive through testing available at various shopping centres around Melbourne (Australia). It took about half an hour all up and she was tested at about 3pm. They said it could take 1-3 days for results, but she got them at 10am the next morning. I wasn’t allowed to go to work that night until she got the all clear. Despite saying it felt like a lobotomy, it was overall a pretty quick and painless process!

Same, she was told 24-48 hours and hopefully quicker depending how busy the test lab was. 3pm appointment, 6:10am text message with negative result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025