Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Closing School May Cause Some Kids a Lifetime of Harm

One long-term effect of the Covid-19 pandemic will be to leave many children behind, perhaps permanently limiting their opportunities in life. At the same time, the disruption will barely affect others and even let a few pull ahead. In short, it will exacerbate inequality.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...c26c74-6b39-11ea-b199-3a9799c54512_story.html
I agree that because of COVID some children that have little to no support outsisde of school could suffer and not be able to catch up and that could mean less opportunities in their adult years.
What I don't agree with is that it's because of authorities deciding to online school only. It's COVID-19 that is to blame, not school or government officials. COVID-19 is and will leave a path of destruction that we in our lives have not ever seen.

Last edited:
Yes, this helps a lot! Thank you.
One of my big concerns is that my daughter is only multiple medications and they can only be prescribed month by month...this drives me absolutely batty!

I do NOT want to shop on a weekend, but that is how these last two weeks have played out, so going to have to go get things tomorrow.

The medications concern is valid. We can only get medications month by month as well. No stockpiling allowed. I think it might be because the manufacturers can't keep up with a stockpiling demand, and stockpiling may mean someone else who needs their medication could miss out on their next prescription pick-up.

The medications concern is valid. We can only get medications month by month as well. No stockpiling allowed. I think it might be because the manufacturers can't keep up with a stockpiling-demand, and stockpiling may mean someone else who needs their medication could miss out on their next prescription pick-up.

This is such a valid point.

Eta:
I certainly wouldn’t want that.

What a tough place this is to be.

Thankfully my meds seem to be in good supply, so there seems to be no issue with 90 day refills.

I agree that because of COVID some children that have little to no support outsisde of school could suffer and not be able to catch up and that could mean less opportunities in their adult years.s
What I don't agree with is that it's because of authorities deciding to online school only. It's COVID-19 that is to blame, not school or government officials. COVID-19 is and will leave a path of destruction that we in our lifes have not ever seen.
I have a feeling that some decisions by our leaders will have detrimental affects on our future.

This is such a valid point.
What terrifies me, is that without some of her meds, she literally will not survive.
The stress of all OT this these last several months has been so heavy.
But I try not to show it to my kids...it also has been some of the best of times with having to be creative with how to get out and have fun...more time together...and definitely re-prioritizing what is truly important.
But I feel a major sense of "looming doom" coming that I am beginning to try to steal myself for, so that I can be Brave, equipped, prepared, etc.

What terrifies me, is that without some of her meds, she literally will not survive.
But I try not to show it to my kids...it also has been some of the best of times with having to be creative with how to get out and have fun...more time together...and definitely re-prioritizing what is truly important.
But I feel a major sense of "looming doom" coming that I am beginning to try to steal myself for, so that I can be Brave, equipped, prepared, etc.

Bless your heart. You sound like a great parent.

Maybe discuss these concerns with her doctor, if you haven’t already. I think it’s very important to stay ahead of this situation, as you are doing.

Last edited:

Somone posted here - or I read it separately - that this time of covid may do what the Great Depression did in bringing back and/or prioritising family values, self-nurturing your family, learning to do without every single 'want' (definitely not speaking of medications, just jumping off your post), getting creative .... and perhaps most of all, helping our neighbours and community.

Sepsis?

13-year-old Claremont boy suddenly dies, possibly due to COVID-19

CLAREMONT, Calif. (KABC) -- Thirteen-year-old Maxx Cheng had a bright future ahead of him, but on Thursday morning the Claremont teen passed away suddenly.

His parents confirmed to ABC News their son's death was possibly due to COVID-19 after he experienced symptoms of the virus.
The Cheng family says Maxx became ill back on July 4, but a COVID-19 test came back negative.

They said they thought he was getting better after his fever broke, his coughs slowed and he was breathing easier.
The family tells ABC News the coroner is performing more tests to determine if their son's death was caused by COVID-19.

Sepsis?

13-year-old Claremont boy suddenly dies, possibly due to COVID-19

CLAREMONT, Calif. (KABC) -- Thirteen-year-old Maxx Cheng had a bright future ahead of him, but on Thursday morning the Claremont teen passed away suddenly.

His parents confirmed to ABC News their son's death was possibly due to COVID-19 after he experienced symptoms of the virus.
The Cheng family says Maxx became ill back on July 4, but a COVID-19 test came back negative.

They said they thought he was getting better after his fever broke, his coughs slowed and he was breathing easier.
The family tells ABC News the coroner is performing more tests to determine if their son's death was caused by COVID-19.

“The minute I heard, it was like a huge bright light had been extinguished. He had so much charisma, so much positive energy. He was class president last year," said Weinstein.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska